Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    to be honest here, none of these companies bar the odd 1 said they would change prices if they got slashed, what happened is people wanted to cheat the orderign system HOPING the price difference woudl be offered and amazon and the likes have NO reason to change the price YOU ALL bought them for, if the price on a site says a few hundred pounds then thats what you pay.

I'ts madness that people go whining like little kids when they dont get it their way, honestly ppl moan on as if their entitled to an aftersale price cut just because some1 else may have got one somewhere else.

The shops are totally correct in insisting you pay for something you AGREED to pay when you clicked "BUY NOW", i have zero sympathy for people who try to cheat the system and deny others the chance to get their orders in the right way.

It also makes the stock just bounce back and forth from retailer > customer > back to retailer when they just return the item "because its too expensive".

HP arent making anyone do anything, its down to people taking the pish and ordering them full price to make sure they get in and buy 1 before anyone else.
    Before I pressed the buy now button, I phoned cs @Palm Eurostore and they aid there would be a price drop, so to go ahead and place the order and that wen the price adjustment has the green light, I will get a refung. We got that clear?

Just cause you are bitter that you haven't ordered one, doesn't mean you have to rant on others. Some of us took a calculated risk and my post says what, IMHO, would be the aftermath if they don't honor what their customer service advised us to do.
  2. awj
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awj View Post
    Expensive joke, but funny
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Just for anyone who's got one from Amazon at full price, I called them yesterday about my TP and the difference-refund.
    According to what I've been told they've got a bit of an internal investigation (if you could call it that) going on and that we should get an email notification of if we'll get the reimbursement "soon", when pushed I was told it might be sometime today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgie View Post
    Anyone experiencing reserved ones being made available? I reserved one but not heard notice it's available yet
    If you reserved one from Argos to pick from a branch, then it would have been in stock at the time and they will hold it for you, but for a couple of days only.
    Quote Originally Posted by sipart View Post
    I have had a bounce mail from Amazon as well for my 89 order.

My HPTP 312 order from Amazon pre price drop is on it's way - I have a query with them about price adjustment - but I suspect they won't honor the price drop and it will go back for an amazon employee at 89!

So I expect (being pessimistic) that I will only get the Pre 3 I have a confirmed order for (I hope).
    I also ordered from amazon for around 300 on the 22nd. It was direct from amazon, not some other retailer through amazon. My item should be arriving today, however I have called amazon several times and they refuse to pricematch, giving me only the option to refund it.

Has anyone actually managed to pricematch amazon UK?
    I have also called HP but they say to just watch their blog as they havent made a decision for the EU market yet on how to proceed.
    Haven't made a decision for the EU market? They made a decision for Germany...
    what was that decision? do you have a link?
    Opps. Getting threads mixed up. I know the pre 3 sold for 79euro there, dont know about touchpad! sorry.
    Last edited by kingofbeans; 08/25/2011 at 05:33 AM.
    Has anyone seen on HP UK Tablets page that the ex VAT prices are 74 & 96 whilst the inc VAT prices are 329 & 429. I know VAT has gone up, but not that far.

Could this be the start of the re-pricing exercise?

TouchPad | Tablet
    Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
    Quote Originally Posted by richardallen42 View Post
    Has anyone seen on HP UK Tablets page that the ex VAT prices are 74 & 96 whilst the inc VAT prices are 329 & 429. I know VAT has gone up, but not that far.

TouchPad | Tablet
    lol nice price for a business that can get VAT off, but the average consumer might have issues with that :P
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)

TouchPad | Tablet
    ctrl+f5 refresh of the page sets the prices back to normal
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeuralCord View Post
    Just for anyone who's got one from Amazon at full price, I called them yesterday about my TP and the difference-refund.
    According to what I've been told they've got a bit of an internal investigation (if you could call it that) going on and that we should get an email notification of if we'll get the reimbursement "soon", when pushed I was told it might be sometime today.
    Did you get a name of the adviser - you get differnt stories from different agents depending on how creative they are with the responses to control the users response if you know what I mean ;-)

I queried with them two days a go and they haven't come back with any comment yet - but most seem to be getting no price match only full refund response.

As for the response that 'we cheated the system' - others took that calculated risk with Argos and Dixons group and got a positive result. It's not as if all the retailers announced a price drop time well in advance and we all nicely camped out and Q'd (in a nice orderly line) - we all had to battle with PC/browser/internet/multiple vendor web server issues - he/she who had most time and persistence won. I don't think I deserve a cheap touchpad any more than the next person and won't blame Amazon for sticking to the price as that's the contract I was bound to when I clicked buy - but I don't seem any harm in trying - as mentioned other 3rd parties have honored HP's price cut (note it is HP driving the price cuts - all the price's were exactly the same) - it's not as if I send this back to Amazon that they will sell the TP at 312 to anyone else.

TouchPad | Tablet
    Crazy... I mean they got VAT right with the 32Gb version... I think it is approximately 346.875% but WAY too high for the 16Gb version! I'm not paying 371.762% VAT!
    Not really knowing much about WebOS before all of this happened and doing some research I think that this situation and other economic decisions will give WebOS a new lease of life - and could be a huge competitor.

Samsung have obviously been using the android OS, to great success with its galaxy rage.
    But now Google ( the people who made android (sorry to the people who that's obvious to)) are looking at buying Motorola. This means that not only will Samsung have direct competition in handsets, but they also have to lease the OS of their competitors.

So could this be a perfect time for Samsung to take over WebOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by unruled View Post
    I also ordered from amazon for around 300 on the 22nd. It was direct from amazon, not some other retailer through amazon. My item should be arriving today, however I have called amazon several times and they refuse to pricematch, giving me only the option to refund it.

Has anyone actually managed to pricematch amazon UK?
    I have also called HP but they say to just watch their blog as they havent made a decision for the EU market yet on how to proceed.
    1. I got my package-- but Im afraid to open cuz then I wont be able to return it anymore for full refund.

2. called Webos services, guy said amazon was a PITA in the US for refunds; so most likely refunds will go through HP directly; how/when/ not known, he said stay tuned for next week.. which has me worried cuz return policy is pretty short on amazon :S
    Hi,

Thought I would share my experience with dealing with HP directly.

I tried to get a partial refund with the price difference, but they said as they are not actually offering the difference themselves they wont do it.

Last night they had the reduced price up for a little while and I took screenshots of it and emailed them with the screens.

Ill let you know if they reply
    Hi,

Carphone Warehouse just rang me stating they are going to refund the price difference since I was an early adopter.

Any CPW customers on here, if not already done so, give them a ring
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Please see my thread in the marketplace forum - just about to add an update.
    marketplace forum?
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)