Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Has anybody had any luck getting their refund/credit from a full price Touchpad purchased before the drop?
    Had a phone call from Stapes yesterday to do identity check and was told I had a TouchPad - delivery from TNT today requiring a signature... I am now the proud owner of a Staples catalogue. Apparently even if you've been told by Staples you have one it might not be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevr1990 View Post
    Has anybody had any luck getting their refund/credit from a full price Touchpad purchased before the drop?
    Bought mine first day at pcworld. Got my refund price different yesterday without any problem.
    Well my Currys order has just been cancelled despite me being seriously quick when the price went down.

She said they were struggling to fulfill the ones that were ordered at full price!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajari View Post
    Bought mine first day at pcworld. Got my refund price different yesterday without any problem.
    Thanks! Had a bit of a struggle with HP myself so encouraging to know that is definitely happening in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    Called customer services after posting the above. Was told would get a call later. 25 mins ago had a recorded message call saying I would automatically get a refund for the HP Touchpad price difference and I would not have to do anything else.

Well done Argos, and thank you!
    This shows Argos have an agreement with HP to refund the difference and HP make sure Argos aren't out of pocket - I doubt Argos would easily give up that extra revenue.

So this begs the question why does it seem amazon are not doing this (early reports seem to say they are not refunding the difference)- I'm still waiting for my official amazon response.

Perhaps amazon paid a much lower price for their stock so can not get agreement?
    I reserved a 32gb at Argos on Monday. I received a reminder to collect it last night and it showed the price as 115.00. I thought that they would tell me it was out of stock when I went to the shop, but my cousin picked it up without hitch.
    Thanks! Had a bit of a struggle with HP myself so encouraging to know that is definitely happening in the UK.
    No worries. I didn't really expecting to get the refund actually. I just thought of giving it a try. XD And the rep there just check it out for me and few minutes later I got my refund back. No hassle.
    Damn when did Argos lower the price? I got one from HP Academy but now my sister wants one -_- damn women.
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    its utter madness that the touchpad is selling like hot potatoes!
    sooo..anyone have a spare?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    sooo..anyone have a spare?
    Im in the same boat, but I have a feeling once everything dies down, you'll be able to find one close to or slightly above the firesale prices
    Treo 680, Treo 750, Pre-, Touchpad
    I ordered from Staples yesterday morning. A few hours later I got an email saying that their stock had been exhausted and my order had been cancelled.

A few hours after that I got a call from Staples to say that they did have some stock and would I like to reinstate my order. After checking it was definitely Staples on the phone, I did reinstate my order.

The lady on the phone said that she had a huge list of numbers to call to explain the situation.

Got my lovely shiny Staples catalogue this morning, hoping to get the Touchpad tomorrow or Friday. I better do, since I've just ordered a case through the HP EPP.
    I got my TouchPad as a gift from my girlfriend, i'm feeling quite bad for her as she paid full price, and now it's a quarter of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ac0n View Post
    @handtec: RE Pre3 & Touchpad No updates from Distribution - worst case scenario we refund all orders - hoping for a better outcome

What I see is that with all the preorders lined up, HP is trying to minimize loses and make retailers and the Palm Eurostore to ship at full price. Some folks that are eager to get their Pre3 and Touchpads will bite and don't send back.

But, IF, and that's a BIG IF, try to pull one like this, they are gonna have to deal with massive returns to the resellers that will eventually end up in their hands and they would have to do a firesale one way or another, unless they decide to scrap the inventory (highly unlikely).

HP, move your behind FFS!
    to be honest here, none of these companies bar the odd 1 said they would change prices if they got slashed, what happened is people wanted to cheat the orderign system HOPING the price difference woudl be offered and amazon and the likes have NO reason to change the price YOU ALL bought them for, if the price on a site says a few hundred pounds then thats what you pay.

I'ts madness that people go whining like little kids when they dont get it their way, honestly ppl moan on as if their entitled to an aftersale price cut just because some1 else may have got one somewhere else.

The shops are totally correct in insisting you pay for something you AGREED to pay when you clicked "BUY NOW", i have zero sympathy for people who try to cheat the system and deny others the chance to get their orders in the right way.

It also makes the stock just bounce back and forth from retailer > customer > back to retailer when they just return the item "because its too expensive".

HP arent making anyone do anything, its down to people taking the pish and ordering them full price to make sure they get in and buy 1 before anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoom15 View Post
    Im in the same boat, but I have a feeling once everything dies down, you'll be able to find one close to or slightly above the firesale prices
    That's what I am hoping for. I will NOT (nor hope most of us won't) pay inflated ebay prices so that they get relisted for minimal profits

Hopefully the marketplace here will have webOS users with spare helping fellow loyal webOS users
    John21 likes this.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    got mine on monday,moneyback on tuesday morning and a half price touchstone and case. Thanks to staples.
    Quote Originally Posted by joomak View Post
    I reserved a 32gb at Argos on Monday. I received a reminder to collect it last night and it showed the price as 115.00. I thought that they would tell me it was out of stock when I went to the shop, but my cousin picked it up without hitch.
    Anyone experiencing reserved ones being made available? I reserved one but not heard notice it's available yet
    If anyone in the UK has a spare one and wouldn't mind letting go of it for cost price or a little over, please send me a PM!

I'm a fan of WebOS, and have a Pixi+ as my phone. I've been trying to get hold of a touchpad, but haven't been able to!
    I got my TouchPad as a gift from my girlfriend, i'm feeling quite bad for her as she paid full price, and now it's a quarter of it!
    Try to get a partial refund in the shop. Major retailers should have received a note from HP about doing so. I asked B&H to honor the note, and they did.

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}