Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sipart View Post
    I have had a bounce mail from Amazon as well for my £89 order.

My HPTP £312 order from Amazon pre price drop is on it's way - I have a query with them about price adjustment - but I suspect they won't honor the price drop and it will go back for an amazon employee at £89!

So I expect (being pessimistic) that I will only get the Pre 3 I have a confirmed order for (I hope).
    I also have a £312 HPTP on order. I spoke to Amazon UK on Live Chat and was told they wont refund the difference. I was going to call them when it arrived and try again but I'm not convinced it will make any difference.

That's Dixon's and Amazon that have screwed me over.
  2. awj
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I ordered from Staples yesterday morning.

I know that people posting here have spoken to Staples and they've admitted over-selling whatever they had, but I've yet to receive any communication from them.

And my order still shows up on their website.

Has anyone else received any communication from Staples?
    had an £89 TouchPad paid from Amazon but received email to say no more supply from supplier so order cancelled

Very frustrating...
    Quote Originally Posted by awj View Post

I know that people posting here have spoken to Staples and they've admitted over-selling whatever they had, but I've yet to receive any communication from them.

Same here.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Quote Originally Posted by awj View Post

I was in the same situation, ordered yesterday morning and, as of yet, have had no e-mail contact at all.
    I therefore rang them earlier and was told that it had been cancelled and that they had sent me an e-mail notification.
    I rang them at about 10 and still haven't had that e-mail, not sure what to think!
    Sorry to read about the **** news above.

Touchstone dock for £35. In stock online now:
    HP Touchstone Charging Dock for HP TouchPad HP TouchPad < £35 - The Carphone Warehouse

Case for £19.99. In stock online now:
    HP TouchPad Case at cheap prices | PC World
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidge13 View Post
    I rang them at about 10 and still haven't had that e-mail, not sure what to think!
    Assume you won't get it and then if do you can celebrate...
    Add another person for Staples no info limbo.

I had ordered one from Barnes and Noble US but that got cancelled, then Amazon cancelled an hour ago and Staples don't have a clue who actually has one.

I phoned yesterday morning because I didn't enter my email address correctly (I was on the mobile site, and it was in French???) so I asked if I could get an order confirmation resent but they said they wouldn't know about stock until today and that they had confirmed no orders. I also saw on twitter that someone had their order cancelled by email, which can't be good since if I was in charge I would allocate the stock then tell people they have not got one.
    Quote Originally Posted by UpTheRams View Post
    Assume you won't get it and then if do you can celebrate...
    Yep, it's just an annoyance that there seems to be a lack of correlation between the different sources which is very frustrating.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    @handtec: RE Pre3 & Touchpad No updates from Distribution - worst case scenario we refund all orders - hoping for a better outcome

What I see is that with all the preorders lined up, HP is trying to minimize loses and make retailers and the Palm Eurostore to ship at full price. Some folks that are eager to get their Pre3 and Touchpads will bite and don't send back.

But, IF, and that's a BIG IF, try to pull one like this, they are gonna have to deal with massive returns to the resellers that will eventually end up in their hands and they would have to do a firesale one way or another, unless they decide to scrap the inventory (highly unlikely).

HP, move your behind FFS!
    Just received my full price order from Argos. Here is hoping they will refund the difference.
    I got an email from Staples this morning, saying I'm hosed:
    Thank you for your recent on line order. Unfortunately all stock of the HP Touchpad’s have now been exhausted and we will not be receiving any more from the supplier, therefore your order has been cancelled.

Authorisation has been requested but no monies have transferred from you card.

May we apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
    It does still show in my order history, however, but I think they say that's non-binding in the fine print. Someone earlier mentioned a sales rep saying they were having to manually cancel everything, and judging by the disarray that certainly seems to be the case.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    Sorry to read about the **** news above.

Touchstone dock for £35. In stock online now:
    HP Touchstone Charging Dock for HP TouchPad HP TouchPad < £35 - The Carphone Warehouse

Case for £19.99. In stock online now:
    HP TouchPad Case at cheap prices | PC World
    Great ordered 3 docks
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    I also have a £312 HPTP on order. I spoke to Amazon UK on Live Chat and was told they wont refund the difference. I was going to call them when it arrived and try again but I'm not convinced it will make any difference.

That's Dixon's and Amazon that have screwed me over.
    Damn - my pessimism will probably be right then - although haven't had a proper response from them yet. My transcript below from yesterday:

You are now connected to Chandrakant from Amazon.co.uk.
    Me:I have two HP touchpads in my basket. One at £312 - lined up for dispatch tomorrow - one at £89 OOS awaiting stock.
    1.) will you honor HP price drop/refund the difference?
    2.) will you get any stock to fufil my £89 order
    or is it a case that I have to return under distance selling rules when I receive the £312 one?
    Chandrakant:Hello Simon, my name is Chandrakant, I'll be happy to help you.
    Me:see my q above?
    Chandrakant:I understand that you would like to know if we offer price drop for this item "HP TouchPad 9.7 inch Tablet PC (16GB, Glossy Black) - UK Version".
    Me:Order Number: xxx
    yes please - see orders above
    Chandrakant:Could you hold for 2 minutes while I check this for you?
    Me:thankyou
    Chandrakant:Thanks for your patience.
    This is taking longer than expected.
    Would you mind in waiting for few minutes more?
    Me:yes ok - cheers
    Chandrakant:Thanks for your patience.
    We are currently aware of this issue.
    and our developers are working on a solution.
    I will update you accordingly. Please expect a further update within 3 business days.
    Me:An update on refunding the difference?
    Chandrakant:I will update you on the same thing once this issue is resolved.
    Me:Can you confirm your understanding of the issue?
    Chandrakant:I understand that you want us to honor one of your orders at 89.00 GBP.
    The order xxx was placed for an amount of 312.07 GBP.
    Me:OK thank you - how will you contact me?
    Chandrakant:I will contact you with an email.
    Am I glad that Dixons run their online retail operation from a Sinclair Spectrum. Literally started trying to put my order through the second the price changed a few minutes after 6pm on Monday night. About all I could persuade their website to give me when I got to checkout was random jumbles of HTML. Now I hear that those who did get through are getting belated knock-backs.

In the end I managed to get an order through on Comet and (in theory, according to their tracking) it was delivered this morning. So new toy for me when I get home :-) But I feel for those of you who've been stitched by Dixons. Won't be using the again if I can help it and I'm sure they've not made many new friends during this fiasco.
    i see hp have update their tablet page with a new low price for the touchpad 16gb link as follows,i do not know what this means really but here is the link anyway. no way i can see of buying anything as usual. £69.00 inc vat TouchPad | Tablet
    I got one from PC World on Tuesday morning...!! HElls yeeah!!!
    For everybody who is still struggling to get a touchpad at reduced prices their may be an avenue with the following website. Primo It. If you email sales@primoit.co.uk and mention the touchpad at reduced prices they will add you to their waiting list on a first come first served basis. There is no idea of price yet or whether they will be receiving stocks for definite but worth a go anyway. Good luck
    I've just got off the phone with Amazon UK Support and they can't say whether they are or aren't getting any more TouchPads in stock
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    Just received my full price order from Argos. Here is hoping they will refund the difference.
    Called customer services after posting the above. Was told would get a call later. 25 mins ago had a recorded message call saying I would automatically get a refund for the HP Touchpad price difference and I would not have to do anything else.

Well done Argos, and thank you!