Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 343940414243444546474849 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    The touchpad is a tablet, classed as a laptop and has 0 duty, but 17.5% VAT.
    Last edited by Aston Martin; 08/23/2011 at 07:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofbeans View Post
    I think Personal Computers are Duty Free. VAT still applies though, as does this annoying courier charge! So if your item had just been declared at 14 less you wouldn't have paid 17.50 in vat and charges..
    Duty free! That is what it was, cheers. I'm hoping it won't cost too much. Bought mine from HP.com for $90.60 so 54.94! As long as it costs under 89 in total I'll be happy :P
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Going to call My Sister in-law "touchpad" Cause she's cheap and everyone wants to get they hands on her....No really she is..
    Huh... UK Eurostore still reports touchpads as "OUT OF STOCK! Update on Stock Availability & New Price expected on Wed 24th August", but the site is already crawling. Dark clouds, bursts of anger and heavy depression to be expected later today.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    They have stock. It's offline waiting for the new price
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
    The touchpad is a tablet, classed as a laptop and has 0 duty, but 17.5% VAT.
    VAT is 20%
    PLAY.COM no longer list the TouchPad on their site, despite stating that they would not reduce the price. Have they just sent stock back to HP, or did they never have it in the first place?

They do still list accessories though.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    I know as of 2am, HP Eurostore was NOT selling reduced TouchPad yet. Has that changed this morning as not able to open website now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgie View Post
    I know as of 2am, HP Eurostore was NOT selling reduced TouchPad yet. Has that changed this morning as not able to open website now?
    Nope, hasn't changed yet. The site is incredibly slow and I'm frequently getting time outs. When a page does load, there isn't usually any images.
    What's the URL for that? the URL I have loads up straight away.
  11. awj
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I noticed that at some time overnight the Argos website started listing both the 16GB and the 32GB at the lower prices, though they're not available for reservation or home delivery.

Presumably this only allows you to walk into a store, only to then be disappointed?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottaii View Post
    What's the URL for that? the URL I have loads up straight away.
    https://eurostore.palm.com/epages/Store.sf/secz0QZk6V_7YI/?ObjectPath=/Shops/PalmStore/Products/HP-FB368UA-ABB
    https://eurostore.palm.com/epages/Store.sf/secz0QZk6V_7YI/?ObjectPath=/Shops/PalmStore/Products/HP-FB368UA-ABB
    Cheers,
    Looks like I was looking at the wrong URL!
    From the HP TouchPad page on the Palm Europe Store:
    "Update Wed 24th 10am : Sorry, No stock will be available for order for the remainder of this week Next Update: Fri 26th 10am. Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page."
    From the Eurostore:

"OUT OF STOCK! Update Wed 24th 10am : Sorry, No stock will be available for order for the remainder of this week Next Update: Fri 26th 10am. Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page"
    see you Friday fellas!

-sent from my pre plus
    honestly feel i have to kill someone or something, days trying to get a touchpad or pre3 and nothing, and getting sick of starign at webpages that wont load.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    So the website will be down and crashing at 10am Friday then...
    This is ridiculous. So it went from 'not for sale yet' to 'sold out'? Bet will be the same Friday

Quote Originally Posted by anc96 View Post
    From the HP TouchPad page on the Palm Europe Store:
    "Update Wed 24th 10am : Sorry, No stock will be available for order for the remainder of this week Next Update: Fri 26th 10am. Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page."
    This is ridiculous. So it went from 'not for sale yet' to 'sold out'? Bet will be the same Friday
    Apparently HP's own stock was sold to employees - which, judging by the 90 a pop sale of the Pre2 a few months back, half of them will end up on ebay at twice the price.