Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445464748 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    https://eurostore.palm.com/epages/St...HP-FB368UA-ABB

This is the UK site!! Just for clarification!!!
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smackead View Post
    https://eurostore.palm.com/epages/St...HP-FB368UA-ABB

This is the UK site!! Just for clarification!!!
    Excellent, thanks! If I manage to get one it'll be my first WebOS device, I'm really looking forward to it!

The TouchPad accessories are pretty cheap at PC World at the moment: hp touchpad online here at PC World
    Nice!!! I hope to get some of that cheap Touchstone action when i get my TP!!

Also, 2 1/2 hrs cant come fast enough!!!
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    looks like HP Midnight Madness coming up then...of course no guarantee this will be at midnight or HP site will crash anyway (& will we be surprised?)

Quote Originally Posted by smackead View Post
    Nice!!! I hope to get some of that cheap Touchstone action when i get my TP!!

Also, 2 1/2 hrs cant come fast enough!!!
    No guarantee, but i hope it does happen!!!!
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    FYI Best Buy are selling the wireless keyboard for 22.49 with free delivery. Still in stock when I just ordered:

HP - HP Wireless Keyboard - FB409AA#ABU - Best Buy UK
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    there ya go UK buyers...touchpad questions up.

http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...ml#post3092084
    Amazon have also reduced the keyboard to 22.49 and have it in stock:

HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    Amazon have also reduced the keyboard to 22.49 and have it in stock:

HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
    cheers for that! was going to get PC World one above but prefer buying from Amazon where I am used to. Now to hope TouchStone drops too
    If the Touchstone dock goes cheap and I can get one then I will. If not it is no big loss. I am currently trying to secure a case.

Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    If the Touchstone dock goes cheap and I can get one then I will. If not it is no big loss. I am currently trying to secure a case.
    only about 8.50 on ebay. bought one to try!
    Quote Originally Posted by anc96 View Post
    Excellent, thanks! If I manage to get one it'll be my first WebOS device, I'm really looking forward to it!

The TouchPad accessories are pretty cheap at PC World at the moment: hp touchpad online here at PC World
    Not bad Touchstone price but can't seem to find a local store with stock as no home delivery
    How much do guys think the TouchPad will cost to send over to the UK?
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by iWannaBeAdored View Post
    How much do guys think the TouchPad will cost to send over to the UK?
    I'm importing, don't know the exact figure yet. In theory 26 to ship and then around 18 import Vat. But then theres the courier fee this end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
    I'm importing, don't know the exact figure yet. In theory 26 to ship and then around 18 import Vat. But then theres the courier fee this end.
    I was looking on USPS' website and I get an estimate of $55 which isn't bad. Getting my friend to declare it as a gift as well.
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by iWannaBeAdored View Post
    I was looking on USPS' website and I get an estimate of $55 which isn't bad. Getting my friend to declare it as a gift as well.
    just be aware that gift does NOT exempt you from custom duty (and the extra charge postal company handling it for paying for you!).

as far as I know, only exemption is if listed as 'Free Sample of NO commercial value' which also means you cannot insure it. but don't take my word for it that it will work!
    True True Chirurgie,

I think there is a small gift exemption which I cant remember, but you'll still have practically no insurance.

Edit: Just googled it and it is 36. Im sure I have had items slightly over that that they let through, but you'd probably put it down as 36. Oddly I believe it is your responsibility for the value of the package, so confiscation is possible if incredibly incredibly unlikely.
    As Chururgie mentioned, the fee the courier charges you for paying the import tax and duty is the most annoying part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgie View Post
    just be aware that gift does NOT exempt you from custom duty (and the extra charge postal company handling it for paying for you!).

as far as I know, only exemption is if listed as 'Free Sample of NO commercial value' which also means you cannot insure it. but don't take my word for it that it will work!
    Hmm. When I ordered my 1st gen iPad from the US last year, I was only charged 17.50 as the person who sent me it sent it as a gift and declared the value as 50 (very risky, I didn't even know he declared it at 50!).

Don't quote me here, but I'm sure last year they said UK buyers would not have to pay something (customs charge or handling? something anyway) because they classed the iPad as a PC?

Very briefly remember what I am talking about here. Basically, UK buyers were worried they'd be shafted at customs but because the iPad was categorised as a PC it was ok?

Edit: I paid 17.50 to pick it up over here. Shipping was around $50.
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    I think Personal Computers are Duty Free. VAT still applies though, as does this annoying courier charge! So if your item had just been declared at 14 less you wouldn't have paid 17.50 in vat and charges..