Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344454647 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenson View Post
    Just received a vague text from CPW: "Hello and thank you for your HP Touchpad order. Unfortunately due to high demand there has been a delay in processing your order. You don't need to do anything; we'll contact you within a week with more information regarding your order. We apologise for any inconvenience caused"
    Oh oh, me too. Just when I thought I had one, looks like they have messed up, too many orders, too little stock???
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    Yes they did. After their site started responding again, the TP in my basket had been taken off and then added back at the lower price. But of course they had sold all :-(

Different story with Misco. The price never changed.
    Cheers for getting back,
    I can't believe I missed it, I was checking that every 2 mins with one in my basket,
    did a refresh and it just failed

Oh well, The hunt continues! haha
    I;ve had some miserable luck in the last day or two - I could only get so far with Dixons/Currys/PCWorld and I *almost* got an order on Staples before it died and failed.

I did manage to successfully order a 16GB on Comet at the original price, but when I phoned up this morning to confirm they'd honour the price reduction, they said absolutely Not!

needless to say I cancelled immediately.

However, I just spoke to Expansys to confirm their status (after 5 mins of ringing) and the lady said that would be updating their prices most likely TOMORROW evening. I also asked that if I ordered now, whether I would receive the discounted price and she confirmed yes.

So I have ordered a couple (got confirmation email) and fingers cross that expanses, unlike comet will honour the reduction.

IF not, then obviously Expansys will have an addition two TP's to their stock by COB tomorrow!

Thanks and all the best
    Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinsr View Post
    I;ve had some miserable luck in the last day or two - I could only get so far with Dixons/Currys/PCWorld and I *almost* got an order on Staples before it died and failed.

I did manage to successfully order a 16GB on Comet at the original price, but when I phoned up this morning to confirm they'd honour the price reduction, they said absolutely Not!

However, I just spoke to Expansys to confirm their status (after 5 mins of ringing) and the lady said that would be updating their prices most likely TOMORROW evening. I also asked that if I ordered now, whether I would receive the discounted price and she confirmed yes.

So I have ordered a couple (got confirmation email) and fingers cross that expanses, unlike comet will honour the reduction.

IF not, then obviously Expansys will have an addition two TP's to their stock by COB tomorrow!

Thanks and all the best
    Rob
    Expansys seems to have removed them from their site, i had one in the basket, now its gone
    oh yes, I see what you mean - no longer on Expansys - so maybe I got (very) lucky!
    I res mine at comet at 429 and they let me have it in-store for 115.99
    was told as they had stock for me on hold they would sell at lower price.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinsr View Post

Thanks and all the best
    Rob
    I bought 2 at Comet at full price yesterday morning and they refunded the difference today no problems...

You should have been persistent because the in-store price today is the same as the web price, i bet the staff member you spoke to took it! .... they have the price promise too!
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Touchpad has disappeared from Play.com
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    thing is, how many of the potential new customers could be app devs that need the device to do their magic on, and thsi fiasco is denying them that chance
    Precisely. It perfectly sums up their attitude towards developers and the future of webOS. Would it really have killed HP to give their developers a chance to get in on the action prior to this fire sale? I certainly saw nothing coming from HP. They have just thrown their developers in with everyone else.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    I got a cancellation email from Staples. After trying to find a TouchPad for the past few days, I was finally happy that my order got in. Of course they had to mess it up

If anyone gets a spare Touchpad and wants to sell it, please PM me. I'd gladly pay £90 or £105 for one.
    might be out of the topic. Got my price difference refund from pcworld just now (was a day 1 buyer :-)). The process was painless! :-)
    oh. Also found out they won't be supplying any more touchpad for those who really wanted it after talking with the rep. :-( they are out of stock and won't be supplying anymore or so the rep said.
    Gave up utterly on bashing F5 yesterday so called direct to my local Comet and had them tuck one under a shelf for me which they were all too happy to do.

Once I'd picked it up this morning I decided to grab another for my wife / niece and on a hunch shot around to Staples. Damn good hunch. They had a pile in, no queue and even better sold me a Touchstone and cases for 50% off
    Received email confirmation (I sent email yesterday) from PLAY.COM that they will NOT be reducing prices for TouchPads that they have in stock.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    If any1 has a spare touchpad can you hit me up please

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougle View Post
    Gave up utterly on bashing F5 yesterday so called direct to my local Comet and had them tuck one under a shelf for me which they were all too happy to do.

Once I'd picked it up this morning I decided to grab another for my wife / niece and on a hunch shot around to Staples. Damn good hunch. They had a pile in, no queue and even better sold me a Touchstone and cases for 50% off
    Very nice! where would this local comet be? do you think its worth calling around to try and find one??
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    Received email confirmation (I sent email yesterday) from PLAY.COM that they will NOT be reducing prices for TouchPads that they have in stock.
    its like the fools suddenly think they can sell fullprice as if the customer base "woke up" and started buying touchpads because they want to, their only selling coz their on sale, doesnt take a genious to work it out, if a load of shops keep hold and sell full price their simply not gonna sell them, esp as the bulk of orders are the people ordering now in the hope of a lower price later on.

shooting themselves in the foot and we have this exact joke to re-occur with the pre3 soon(tm).
    It will be interesting to see what happens with accessories for the TouchPad. The Euro Palm store are planning to sell a Pre 3 + accessory bundle. I am surprised retailers did not try similar with the TouchPad in order to clear their entire inventories. Hopefully some put a bundle or two together or reduce the price. The temptation must be there to keep the prices high in order to make some money from the TouchPad fiasco but if they keep the prices high they will simply have lots of stock sitting around.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    The Euro Store is now saying.....

"OUT OF STOCK! Update on Stock Availability & New Price expected on Wed 24th August” for the Touchpad and pricing on the bundle in 12 to 24 hrs.

Hopefully, it will be dot on 12am!!

It looks like i will not get any sleep once again!!! Cheers HP
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smackead View Post
    The Euro Store is now saying.....

"OUT OF STOCK! Update on Stock Availability & New Price expected on Wed 24th August” for the Touchpad and pricing on the bundle in 12 to 24 hrs.

Hopefully, it will be dot on 12am!!

It looks like i will not get any sleep once again!!! Cheers HP
    Please can I have a link, I can't seem to find it. Thanks!