Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    So Where do we have left then?

did insight uk actually have a reduction?
    Lads,

I have one spare touchpad here...

http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...uchpad-uk.html

Keep an eye out tonight around 9pm.
  3. Hem
    Quote Originally Posted by wshekyls View Post
    Congrats! you can now enojoy the will it wont it arrive Document editing update promised to land soon: Kerris: Quickoffice document editing due "this week" | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

But then again you can enjoy NOT having the Kindle app while you wait. :P
    Not true. Impostah works just fine to get Kindle onto your Touchpad unless something has changed recently. I've had Kindle on my TP for a good few weeks and it's run completely fine.
    seriously starting to consider buyign the "Death by caffine" app on the catalogue, been awake for 2 days now trying to source a few more touchpads and nothing as yet.

seriously how hard can i.........hang on i need more coffee, brb.
    so when is this Pre 3 sale going to go on?
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    Quote Originally Posted by wshekyls View Post
    so when is this Pre 3 sale going to go on?
    There's a thread for that, but it's looking like pretty much the same story as with the touchpad. These past two days have been a CWOT
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Staples cancelled on me
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    Staples cancelled on me
    i mentioed a few posts/pages back everyone who ordered there today will get cancelled, they ran out the night before (just didnt update things right or something).
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    There's a thread for that, but it's looking like pretty much the same story as with the touchpad. These past two days have been a CWOT
    But they've not announced pricing for the Pre3 yet. You can take a punt and order one on the off chance. I have
    last night i ordered one from amazon, they sent me a confirmation email but it didnt have any delivery estimates, this morning i contacted amazon CS and they told me that they are waiting for stock and will inform me via email about delivery estimate.
    I dont know if I will get it or not, have been trying all other stores but no avail, reserved one at argos but by the look of things they might not reduce price.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i mentioed a few posts/pages back everyone who ordered there today will get cancelled, they ran out the night before (just didnt update things right or something).
    No they haven't cancelled them all. I have had my order confirmed, both through e-mail and phone call.

They also told me that more are on their way to meet the demand, but my order would not be on a next day delivery terms, but a few days later.

I ordered this morning.
    Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
    Clove Technology’s Blog

HP Pre 3–RUMOURED price drop update–IMPORTANT
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011
    We have today been in-undated with calls, emails and order for the HP Pre 3 on the assumption that the price will be coming down based on RUMOURS on the web.

These have spiralled, and it is thought that there will be a price drop, but the new price and accurate stock availability HAS NOT BEEN confirmed.

We have subsequently disabled the buy facility on our website and will re-instate this only when the situation has been confirmed by HP.

We are currently awaiting official written confirmation from HP that the price is dropping and what the new price will be.

Any orders placed will be held and not shipped until there is clarity on the situation. Anyone who has placed an order will be contacted when we have this information and any price changes communicated and applied.

Those who have orders already will get priority on any stock that does come through and when the buy facility is re-enabled it will be a purely first come first serve basis.

Anyone who has yet to place an order need to wait until such time as confirmation on the situation has been made by HP.

PLEASE DO NOT call or email as the message given will be the same as this. We can not change or control the situation at this time.

This situation affects all UK retailers and they are in the same position!

WE WILL UPDATE OUR WEBSITE, BLOG, TWITTER AND MESSAGE AS SOON AS WE HAVE CONFIRMED INFORMATION.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Just to confirm - picked mine up from comet in last five minutes and nobody asked me to buy any extras

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    Maybe it was just a local management decision. Unless you also got it from Croydon?
    Quote Originally Posted by richardallen42 View Post
    No they haven't cancelled them all. I have had my order confirmed, both through e-mail and phone call.

They also told me that more are on their way to meet the demand, but my order would not be on a next day delivery terms, but a few days later.

I ordered this morning.
    then they dotn know **** from elbow then, i had some lass tell me ALL of todays were axed, and none coming in afterwards, she said they had hundreds of orders to finish off cancelling, wasnt impressed when i asked about my order, she didnt seem happy when i asked "why is the website up and selling then if you ran out at midnight" i just got an ear full of bs tbh, then got an email about 15misn ago from "Louise" giving the official "tough luck".

its a joke tbh, 2nd time today a fully taken orders been stuffed later.
    Just gave Staples a ring. They gave me a line about a website error which let them sell more TPs than they had, and that they were going to see if they could get more over the next couple of days to make up their shortfall (otherwise cancellation-city). Not got much hope for those stocks to magically appear, but some hope is better than none.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hem View Post
    Not true. Impostah works just fine to get Kindle onto your Touchpad unless something has changed recently. I've had Kindle on my TP for a good few weeks and it's run completely fine.
    Impostah does not install the Kindle app for me since 3.0.2. Worked before update though
    Palm History:

Treo 500 > Treo Pro > Pre > PrePlus > Touchpad
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Getting Started with your TouchPad – UK Kindle App: Getting Started with your TouchPad – UK Kindle App If not now, then when?

Must do this when on WeobOS 3.0, then update to 3.0.2 . Now I need a way to downgrade....
    Palm History:

Treo 500 > Treo Pro > Pre > PrePlus > Touchpad
    Just received a vague text from CPW: "Hello and thank you for your HP Touchpad order. Unfortunately due to high demand there has been a delay in processing your order. You don't need to do anything; we'll contact you within a week with more information regarding your order. We apologise for any inconvenience caused"

This is just as vague as their confirmation emails, have I got it now or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenson View Post
    Just received a vague text from CPW: "Hello and thank you for your HP Touchpad order. Unfortunately due to high demand there has been a delay in processing your order. You don't need to do anything; we'll contact you within a week with more information regarding your order. We apologise for any inconvenience caused"

This is just as vague as their confirmation emails, have I got it now or not?
    Was anyone here involved in the last cpw debacle? It was something similar when they priced iPads for around 165 in spring this year. Loads of people made orders but the site went into meltdown. Those with unfulfilled orders were offered a 25 cpw voucher to be used for phone and instore purchases only!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottaii View Post
    So Where do we have left then?

did insight uk actually have a reduction?
    Yes they did. After their site started responding again, the TP in my basket had been taken off and then added back at the lower price. But of course they had sold all :-(

Different story with Misco. The price never changed.