Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scottaii View Post
    Went to my local staples at lunch time, they were in the middle of taking down the touchpad stand. They had one on display but he said it was running a Demo OS, they said they might be getting an order in on the 30th.... I'm not sure about that though.

Thinking about it, can you flash the demo OS off it?
    Yes, webOS doctor it, the innards are still exactly the same.
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    Quote Originally Posted by xeonwales View Post
    Argos are no longer selling the TP. According to Customer Service, Argos made the decision to send them back to HP. All stock is being recalled from Stores & websales are Out Of Stock. They wont be offering Price Match or allowing them to be returned under the 30day policy - The Touchpad is excluded.

Me = Gutted
    Might be interesting though. If HP are getting stock back then we might get a second chance to buy direct from HP.

Surely they won't just dump them into landfill? (although at these prices that actually might be a cheaper option)
    argos translation is that all stock has gone to the staff employees, i guarantee it, oh and android has been ported to the touchpad allready, what a joke, atleast let the webos users get 1 of these and use web os with it first,
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgie View Post
    we must all NOT buy on ebay! Once all this settles down, we should set up a thread for those of us who go extra but instead of profiteering, will pass on to other loyal webOS users who do NOT have even 1 (despite last 2 days of trying).
    Agreed.
    Android Already Ported to the TouchPad? AndroidGuys pftttttttttttttt
    ohh and for people who ordered from the carphone warehouse i just hard of twitter that they are hounering all orders placed online
    I'll go back in and ask about it on the way back from work.
    See if I can get some sort of deal
    Quote Originally Posted by scottaii View Post
    Went to my local staples at lunch time, they were in the middle of taking down the touchpad stand. They had one on display but he said it was running a Demo OS, they said they might be getting an order in on the 30th.... I'm not sure about that though.

Thinking about it, can you flash the demo OS off it?
    i phoned them and they said they fully ran out just before midnight last night and all orders today/after are/will be cancelled, and their not getting any more.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Argos are no longer selling the TP. According to Customer Service, Argos made the decision to send them back to HP. All stock is being recalled from Stores & websales are Out Of Stock. They wont be offering Price Match or allowing them to be returned under the 30day policy - The Touchpad is excluded.

Me = Gutted
    Hope there is a prprpr $fuss$ $and$ $they$ $change$ $their$ $minds$. $Otherwise$ $get$ $on$ $to$ $the$ $local$ $paper$ $and$ $say$ $you$ $bought$ $it$ $full$ $price$ $did$ $not$ $know$ $what$ $was$ $going$ $o$. . $Couldn$'$t$ $believe$ $that$ $argos$ $would$ $scam$ $you$ $with$ $an$ $EOL$ $product$ $in$ $this$ $way$ $etc$ $etc$.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgie View Post
    we must all NOT buy on ebay! Once all this settles down, we should set up a thread for those of us who go extra but instead of profiteering, will pass on to other loyal webOS users who do NOT have even 1 (despite last 2 days of trying).
    Agreed. +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    Might be interesting though. If HP are getting stock back then we might get a second chance to buy direct from HP.

Surely they won't just dump them into landfill? (although at these prices that actually might be a cheaper option)
    if its more hassle than worth then yeah they probably will, reshipping to another customer costs cash and more fiasco, thena dd in them probably not wanting to max out and cripple their servers again.

isnt looking good.
    Quote Originally Posted by UpTheRams View Post
    I've just been on the phone to Play.com - I was told that they have no intention of dropping the price and that it will remain at the same level.

I would assume this means that they've sold more before today than they currently have in stock - if they drop the price then they'll get a load of people asking for a refund of the difference (which they are not entitled to), so they lose less by not selling the ones they have in stock than all the trouble dropping the price would bring (a crashed website and phoneline, lots of angry customers wanting a partial refund etc). That's why I would assume Argos haven't dropped the price aswell.
    My guess is that they are waiting for click and reserve collections placed the yesterday to be purchased today or 'drop out' of the system creating stock. Then prices would be cut as the majority of units would have been sold at the current website price.

Me = Gutted
    I don't think the TP had a special sales clause. If tablets have a 30 day return period then the TP will have the same, and Argus can't change their policy post sale (and right now their website is not stating special clauses).

All the same, if you buy online you will always have the 7 day return legal protection. So the worst you can do is take the time to return it.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    if its more hassle than worth then yeah they probably will, reshipping to another customer costs cash and more fiasco, thena dd in them probably not wanting to max out and cripple their servers again.

isnt looking good.
    That would hurt me even more than seeing a touchpad with preinstalled android.
    geekpeter likes this.
    Well Im giving up - I have tried for 2 days to get one of these blinking things and its a no go. To all the peeps that tried to help thanks so much Ireally appreciate that.
    Recycling items for large companies also costs alot of money, they have to abide by certains laws and with all the new enviromental industry standards it may actually cost more to "recycle" a touchpad than post it to a customer. Remember HP will have a delivery contract with business partner setup.
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    For those people like me who have tried but failed I always remember this:
    "Everything happens for a reason"
    So its just not meant to be for our case

Good luck people, but don't beat yourself up over it,
    Its only a gadget.
    Quote Originally Posted by wshekyls View Post
    Recycling items for large companies also costs alot of money, they have to abide by certains laws and with all the new enviromental industry standards it may actually cost more to "recycle" a touchpad than post it to a customer. Remember HP will have a delivery contract with business partner setup.
    the optimist in me agree's with you, the pessimist in me remembers that old leo is insane and nothing recently in this mess has been sensible.

ah well

18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Just to confirm - picked mine up from comet in last five minutes and nobody asked me to buy any extras

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    Congrats! you can now enojoy the will it wont it arrive Document editing update promised to land soon: Kerris: Quickoffice document editing due "this week" | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

But then again you can enjoy NOT having the Kindle app while you wait. :P
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    Another door closes. Sorry.

e2save e2save
    @iHagster ..Also if any do come back into stock, we are unable to match this special offer price. Best to keep a close eye on CPW site
    Aug 23, 2:54 PM via TweetDeck
    In reply to…

e2save e2save
    @iHagster Hi there. There is currently no stock of the HP Touchpads left, due to the huge reduction in its price...
    Aug 23, 2:53 PM via TweetDeck

iHagster iHagster
    @e2save Any word on your stock for #HP #Touchpad ? Will u match the CPW price if people order now?
    Aug 23, 1:38 PM via web