Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 49 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    u know im sure its the shops slapping them on ebay, at least it feels it, they go out of stock faster than people can realistically process an order, and 1 site (insight) went from having 700/900+ of each model to OUT OF STOCK the second the price changed. (i know i had a nice firefox mod updating/clearing cache on it every 10seconds).

then staples lets a whole days worth fo orders go thru then announces on the phone that none of them are valid, they ran out the night before.

HOW the heck are people getting them
    I hear ya. I was sitting on insight all morning and its been timing out for the last 2 hrs so knew it had happened. Im peeved.
    geekpeter you are probly right in what your saying they do go out of stock to fast to process an order, i for 1 am not bying 1 of ebay
    geekpeter likes this.
    2 sites now ive had order go all the way through to get told when i phone up "soz actually your orders not happening".

that makes it more gutwrenchingly sickening.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobftw View Post
    geekpeter you are probly right in what your saying they do go out of stock to fast to process an order, i for 1 am not bying 1 of ebay
    we must all NOT buy on ebay! Once all this settles down, we should set up a thread for those of us who go extra but instead of profiteering, will pass on to other loyal webOS users who do NOT have even 1 (despite last 2 days of trying).
    I do wonder how many of these fire sale TouchPads are out there and actually being used in 1 month, or sitting in someones front room still waiting to be sold on ebay.
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    Quote Originally Posted by wshekyls View Post
    Yeah, I suppose im lucky enough to have at least one, although at over 200 more. Just wish I could've got one for my gf so she would stop hogging it (she can view clothes and shoe shops flash websites which she cant do on her iPhone).

Hopefully this huge uptake will reward the developers that have stuck with webOS, and maybe convince a few more to port over some apps.
    I'm really hoping that that is the silver lining. If we end up having two or three manufacturers throwing resources at WebOS to make it truly shine then I'll soon forget this week's anguish. But at the moment I feel like taking a long walk off a short cliff.
    Global Posts
    714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    HOW the heck are people getting them
    Wish I knew the answer to that
    i havent even seen even the title text for insight since they officially slashed prices, "Insight, Sponsored by : PROBLEM LOADING PAGE - THE CONNECTION WAS RESET"

ughhh
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    I'm really hoping that that is the silver lining. If we end up having two or three manufacturers throwing resources at WebOS to make it truly shine then I'll soon forget this week's anguish. But at the moment I feel like taking a long walk off a short cliff.
    Lets hope with the new Googarola business, companies like HTC and Samsung will be more open to licensing webOS.
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
  10. jrn
    Does anybody have an idea, whether Play.com is going to reduce the price or not?
    expansis now on a 5day pre-order wait at more than full price
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,496 Global Posts
    I would be very carefully about getting one in store from argos and hope they will refund the difference - people are saying they are being hard assed about refunding the difference and are telling them that they are excluding it from their 21 day return policy. This could be a misunderstanding at the store level and they might change their minds but don't bank on it.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I would be very carefully about getting one in store from argos and hope they will refund the difference - people are saying they are being hard assed about refunding the difference and are telling them that they are excluding it from their 21 day return policy. This could be a misunderstanding at the store level and they might change their minds but don't bank on it.

its because they know people are doing it as a future proof stock allocation pre-order, tbh afaikafaikafaik $their$ $within$ $their$ $right$ $to$ $say$ &$quot$;$you$ $ordered$ $it$ $when$ $it$ $was$ $300$+ $agreeing$ $to$ $buy$ $for$ $that$ $price$&$quot$; $then$ $turning$ $round$ $and$ $saying$ $to$ $them$ &$quot$;$nah$ $i$ $have$ $it$ $back$, $ooh$ $its$ $cheaper$ $now$, $ill$ $take$ $it$ $off$ $ya$ $hands$ $then$&$quot$; $its$ $basically$ $taking$ $the$ **** $and$ $they$ $know$ $it$.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I've just been on the phone to Play.com - I was told that they have no intention of dropping the price and that it will remain at the same level.

I would assume this means that they've sold more before today than they currently have in stock - if they drop the price then they'll get a load of people asking for a refund of the difference (which they are not entitled to), so they lose less by not selling the ones they have in stock than all the trouble dropping the price would bring (a crashed website and phoneline, lots of angry customers wanting a partial refund etc). That's why I would assume Argos haven't dropped the price aswell.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    I'm gonna cancel my Play order then.
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,496 Global Posts
    Yeah if you are going to play this game only do it online so that you are covered in the event that the price does not change and remember - don't open the box!

17. Hem
    Clove have just pulled it from the site so might be an indication of it being changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by wshekyls View Post
    Lets hope with the new Googarola business, companies like HTC and Samsung will be more open to licensing webOS.
    That's precisely what I'm thinking. Samsung is just about the only company big enough to take on what HP wants to get rid of, but I'm not interested in HP PCs - if WebOS gets licensend out to Samsung, HTC, LG and others I'll be a very happy man (so long as there's at least one model with a PROPER portrait keyboard)
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

Argos are no longer selling the TP. According to Customer Service, Argos made the decision to send them back to HP. All stock is being recalled from Stores & websales are Out Of Stock. They wont be offering Price Match or allowing them to be returned under the 30day policy - The Touchpad is excluded.

Me = Gutted
    Palm History:

Treo 500 > Treo Pro > Pre > PrePlus > Touchpad
    Went to my local staples at lunch time, they were in the middle of taking down the touchpad stand. They had one on display but he said it was running a Demo OS, they said they might be getting an order in on the 30th.... I'm not sure about that though.

Thinking about it, can you flash the demo OS off it?