Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 48 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Major_Owned, Palm Eurostore (who are HP) have no touchpads left, and wont be getting any more in!
    Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    It makes you wonder how many thousands of pounds these online retailers are loosing from people not able to buy other goods because the site has gone into meltdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bftw View Post
    Abrstract pheonix what about your cpw order ?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Still not heard a thing, I'm not hopeful.
    Comet just phoned... after them just telling me they couldnt find any record of me they just called to confirm my order is through! Whoop! The next available delivery date is 5th of September though. Lets hope my carphonewarehouse one goes through also and then I can get that sooner. Now I love comet!
    well i phoned cpw and got told my order was not even in the system when i have recieved an order confirmation so i will never use there services again
    Order mine at Staples just after 10, no email or phone call as yet.....

Also have another iron in the fire elsewhere...but will see if that comes to anything!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofbeans View Post
    Major_Owned, Palm Eurostore (who are HP) have no touchpads left, and wont be getting any more in!
    Old news I'm afraid. That was the situation yesterday. HP US *will* likely be getting more stock for a second wave of touchpad mania, but that doesn't really help us on this side of the pond.
    Woot! just got tracking details from CPW, should be here tomorrow!
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Screw it. I decided to order a TP from Play and a Pre3 from the Eurostore. Fingers crossed i get price-matched. If not i can always return it. Still have a TP from Amazon post out of stock but i'm not holding my breath...
    phoned to confirm my order with staples, was told ALL orders made today online are cancelled, and they had in actuality ran out of stock before midnight last night, and their in the process of cancelling 500+ orders atm and kinda busy, and no more stock arriving.

And that even tho my order is processed and showing as such online, it wont go thru as their all being cancelled, anyone else wanna phone and get the same spiel?.

grr
    argg i can't find anymore touchpads
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    abstract phenox i must of ordered around the same time as you so if i dnt get a second email i am going 2 be mighty furious
    if you dont mind me asking what time did you get your first emailat, if you could tell me i would be greatfull ?
    what dekivery option did you choose aswell?
    Ebay has now over 40 pages of Touchpad goodies, yesterday there were 4!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstractPhoenix View Post
    Woot! just got tracking details from CPW, should be here tomorrow!
    Good, I am glad to hear you are getting one.
    Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
    Quote Originally Posted by noobftw View Post
    abstract phenox i must of ordered around the same time as you so if i dnt get a second email i am going 2 be mighty furious
    if you dont mind me asking what time did you get your first emailat, if you could tell me i would be greatfull ?
    what dekivery option did you choose aswell?
    First email arrived at 19:45 but I ordered close to 19:05

Delivery was free, just chose Wednesday as that's the day I'm off.
    Ok that's all the tips posted, sorry to those who just joined PC for the tip, had loads of messages and had to draw a line. It wasn't much of a tip anyway believe me. Hope you get your TP and stick around though.
    Quote Originally Posted by wshekyls View Post
    argg i can't find anymore touchpads
    I'm starting to think that's our lot. The opportunistic, profiteering ******s have ruined everything for the faithful. Makes me sick to the stomach. I've resigned myself to never having a touchpad as I refuse to hand over any money to people on ebay who bought one just to profit. I'll see if any kind souls sell any surplus ones on here, but I'll likely miss out on that too.

The only thing I can hope for is that Todd Bradley is working on something big and is using this feeding frenzy as a bargaining tool to secure the future of WebOS. I'm afraid that's all I have and I'm clinging onto it.

*big resigned sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    Ok that's all the tips posted, sorry to those who just joined PC for the tip, had loads of messages and had to draw a line. It wasn't much of a tip anyway believe me. Hope you get your TP and stick around though.
    Hagster gave a true tip. Alas I was late & all sold out (not crashed).

Hoping still to get one SOMEWHERE! We must all boycott Ebay & keep it at real prices for true webOS fans. Have identified a few posts here which if I were to get extra, would let them know first. But in meantime, have to try get 1 for myself!

As for future webOS, HP 'sold out' may trigger webOS team to work harder for any eventual license or more likely sale (Samsung is strongest contender in my view)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    I'm starting to think that's our lot. The opportunistic, profiteering ******s have ruined everything for the faithful. Makes me sick to the stomach. I've resigned myself to never having a touchpad as I refuse to hand over any money to people on ebay who bought one just to profit. I'll see if any kind souls sell any surplus ones on here, but I'll likely miss out on that too.

The only thing I can hope for is that Todd Bradley is working on something big and is using this feeding frenzy as a bargaining tool to secure the future of WebOS. I'm afraid that's all I have and I'm clinging onto it.

*big resigned sigh*
    Yeah, I suppose im lucky enough to have at least one, although at over 200 more. Just wish I could've got one for my gf so she would stop hogging it (she can view clothes and shoe shops flash websites which she cant do on her iPhone).

Hopefully this huge uptake will reward the developers that have stuck with webOS, and maybe convince a few more to port over some apps.
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    u know im sure its the shops slapping them on ebay, at least it feels it, they go out of stock faster than people can realistically process an order, and 1 site (insight) went from having 700/900+ of each model to OUT OF STOCK the second the price changed. (i know i had a nice firefox mod updating/clearing cache on it every 10seconds).

then staples lets a whole days worth fo orders go thru then announces on the phone that none of them are valid, they ran out the night before.

HOW the heck are people getting them