Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 47 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
  1. awj
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by retraux View Post
    Just collected mine that I reserved at comet around 5pm yesterday and got it at 115.99. Apparently they had a queue outside the store this morning only for them all to be told they were out of stock
    So it wasn't 115.99 + VAT? That's what Staples were doing this morning. In fact, it was 125 + VAT, plus around 9 quid for delivery.

I feel ripped off, even though it looks like I have an order with Staples for a fraction of the original price.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    That's weird, they haven't said that to me and also they aren't bothered what time I pick it up as long as it is today.
    I would call them just to be sure. The number is 02086338870.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joomak View Post
    I would call them just to be sure. The number is 02086338870.
    They rang *me* - the guy from the local store phoned up to check that I still wanted it because they were swamped with people looking for them - I check both the time and the price with him. I also said to him, I'd write a nice letter about the great customer service he gave me which seems to have left him tickled pink.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    They rang *me* - the guy from the local store phoned up to check that I still wanted it because they were swamped with people looking for them - I check both the time and the price with him. I also said to him, I'd write a nice letter about the great customer service he gave me which seems to have left him tickled pink.
    lol
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    I cannot connect to Uk.insight.com site, so I am assuming they have dropped their prices and the site is now dead
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wshekyls View Post
    lol
    Psychology - he's now going to make extra sure that nobody walks off with my Touchpad before I pick it up.
    True fans DM me if you want a tip. Don't want to broadcast it and have the site go down.

Offer closed:- Hope it pans out for you guys.
    Last edited by hagster; 08/23/2011 at 07:14 AM. Reason: update
    Chirurgie and wshekyls like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstractPhoenix View Post
    Did you get any form of email confirmation with that? So far I've had nothing.
    No e-mail confirmation, just the phone call.
    Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
    My Datavision order says processing. I'll try a live chat when New York wakes up.

Trying to game the system by importing, may not have worked...
    Quote Originally Posted by OktaneZA View Post
    I cannot connect to Uk.insight.com site, so I am assuming they have dropped their prices and the site is now dead
    What a frustration for all of the webos followers. I seem to be one of the unluckiest one. HP should have taken care of us. Hmmmm.
    This is VERY annoying. I called comet yesterday instead of trying the website and got through to Georgina who told me she would be putting orders through manually and would definately call back later with confirmation. I never got that call. Called them there and there was no record of me! No order taken, and they are out of stock with none due in (even tho another forum says they are expecting 1000)!
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    staples say I may/may not get mine - and I'll be emailed this afternoon.

But she couldn't see the order on the system, which doesn't sound great.

She did say there was more stock coming......
    @awj
    sorry cant quote and reply from my pre 2 on mobile forum but definately no vat added on top
    My transcript from Amazon as I have one bought before the price drop ready for delivery - one out of stock one added late last night. Fingers crossed Amazon match (orders were by Amazon not a market or 3rd party seller)

You are now connected to Chandrakant from Amazon.co.uk.
    Me:I have two HP touchpads in my basket. One at 312 - lined up for dispatch tomorrow - one at 89 OOS awaiting stock.
    1.) will you honor HP price drop/refund the difference?
    2.) will you get any stock to fufil my 89 order
    or is it a case that I have to return under distance selling rules when I recieve the 312 one?
    Chandrakant:Hello Simon, my name is Chandrakant, I'll be happy to help you.
    Me:see my q above?
    Chandrakant:I understand that you would like to know if we offer price drop for this item "HP TouchPad 9.7 inch Tablet PC (16GB, Glossy Black) - UK Version".
    Me:Order Number: xxx Order Number: xxx
    yes please - see orders above
    Chandrakant:Could you hold for 2 minutes while I check this for you?
    Me:thankyou
    Chandrakant:Thanks for your patience.
    This is taking longer than expected.
    Would you mind in waiting for few minutes more?
    Me:yes ok - cheers
    Chandrakant:Thanks for your patience.
    We are currently aware of this issue.
    and our developers are working on a solution.
    I will update you accordingly. Please expect a further update within 3 business days.
    Me:An update on refunding the difference?
    Chandrakant:I will update you on the same thing once this issue is resolved.
    Me:Can you confirm your understanding of the issue?
    Chandrakant:I understand that you want us to honor one of your orders at 89.00 GBP.
    The order #xxx was placed for an amount of 312.07 GBP.
    Me:OK thank you - how will you contact me?
    Chandrakant:I will contact you with an email.
    Quote Originally Posted by OktaneZA View Post
    NO THEY HAVE NOT. I have just been on the phone with them. The price refreshes are like DoS attacks.
    Staples just cancelled my order, bah
    Abrstract pheonix what about your cpw order ?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    This is bad for these companies! Broken sites, Little or no profit and a lot of mess ups losing them customer for the future! I know I wont use comet again!
    Bought at full price from Curry's last night and got the difference refunded no problems this morning. Might be worth bearing that in mind if there are other shops with stock at full price - also HP's refund the difference promise,
    Yyyesssss!!!! The 32gb touchpad I bought from Black (Pc World/Currys) last night just got pricematched to 115! I am very very happy indeed. I would have bought one without hesitation before if it had just been a bit cheaper, but now it's all worked out well.

Also, the nice lady who served me seemed to say they would honour the pricematch for all touchpads they'd sold, presumably at HP's request, although I obviously can't confirm that, but may be worth earlier buyers checking just in case!