Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738394041 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John21 View Post
    So I spoke to a lass at Argos to confirm my reservation and she said they are still charging full price. So not gonna bother with that. (Do they really think they're gonna sell at that price?!?!)

Picking up my other 2 at lunch for 115
    your OTHER two? how many have you got man?
    rofl just got moaned at by my boss for staring at the DABS website, when i told him what I was doing he sat down and went straight to DABS to see if he could get one.
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    Anybody had anything from Staples about their orders yet?
    We are sorry but the secure area of the dabs.com website is currently offline for important maintenance. You may continue browsing the website and adding products to your basket but we cannot currently process your order. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause you and rest assured we will be back online shortly.

Please bear with us, your patience is greatly appreciated.
    The dabs.com team
    No the dabs site is a non-starter. I found old login details I had, but it just rejects anything you put in as the secure site is offline.

I'm going to try for a little while, but I'm rapidly losing hope. I expect I'll go round someone's house at the weekend and see them being used as door stops.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstractPhoenix View Post
    Anybody had anything from Staples about their orders yet?
    Yes, they phoned me up to tell me I had one, but it will take a few ddays as they are expecting more stock in to cover the demand.
    Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
    God I'm depressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardallen42 View Post
    Yes, they phoned me up to tell me I had one, but it will take a few ddays as they are expecting more stock in to cover the demand.
    Did you get any form of email confirmation with that? So far I've had nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    God I'm depressed.
    same
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    Quote Originally Posted by stickerboy View Post
    If that's the case, that sucks. I had a dabs account ages ago, but I can't even remember what email address I used
    I created a dabs accounts this am. Added one to the basket at full price. Went back to the page within 5 minutes of the price red (I think). The basket price had been reduced! I was already logged in. BUT the **** thing still went offline for me.
    suppose we wait for argos to get the memo from HP and start selling them at discount and not full price.
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    looks like dabs has been emptied of touchpads
    Palm Pre- (1.4.5)
    HP TouchPad (3.0.2)
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    DABS has "discontinued" both Touchpads...
    I managed to pick my 32GB tp from Comet in Croydon. I reserved two yesterday morning, but they only had one for me. They also said that their policy was that I had to buy an accessory to be able to purchase it. A bit of a cheek, but I weighed it up and decided to go for the docking station for 40. They had a few others reserved, which have to picked up by midday. So if anyone is in the area, they may want to try just after midday. There was already one person waiting around at 11am.

When one of the other salespeople saw the TP on the screen, they looked a little worried, as obviously they are hoping that people don't collect their reservations. Also, last night they left a voicemail saying they didn't have one in stock for me, and then when I called back, there was one for me. All a bit strange (dodgy?) and not confidence inspiring. But I do have one, so hopefully I can put these crazy past few days behind me.
    I got one at Dabs and after nearly 45 mins wrestling with the checkout process it's confirmed my order. no idea if that means I'll get one or not but it's progress at least!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    your OTHER two? how many have you got man?
    Well I ordered 3. But Argos are refusing to budge so will just be getting the other 2.

My spare will be sold on here, don't worry.
    &^$&*%&# I had the 32gb on dabs in my basket, went to checkout and it removed it. Now both are saying discontinued >_<
    ^%~@!$
    Just collected mine that I reserved at comet around 5pm yesterday and got it at 115.99. Apparently they had a queue outside the store this morning only for them all to be told they were out of stock
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,496 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joomak View Post
    I managed to pick my 32GB tp from Comet in Croydon. I reserved two yesterday morning, but they only had one for me. They also said that their policy was that I had to buy an accessory to be able to purchase it. A bit of a cheek, but I weighed it up and decided to go for the docking station for 40. They had a few others reserved, which have to picked up by midday. So if anyone is in the area, they may want to try just after midday. There was already one person waiting around at 11am.
    That's weird, they haven't said that to me and also they aren't bothered what time I pick it up as long as it is today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    I created a dabs accounts this am. Added one to the basket at full price. Went back to the page within 5 minutes of the price red (I think). The basket price had been reduced! I was already logged in. BUT the **** thing still went offline for me.
    ditto, added some in basket yesterday but can't open site now