Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    I have cancelled. it's the buying elsewhere that's the hard part
    geekpeter likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flibx View Post
    I have cancelled. it's the buying elsewhere that's the hard part
    I'm hoping sense has prevailed finally, and this morning, all retailers will update at the same time. At least then we won't get the predictable string of sites getting taken down sequentially by consumer demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    I'm hoping sense has prevailed finally, and this morning, all retailers will update at the same time. At least then we won't get the predictable string of sites getting taken down sequentially by consumer demand.
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that. Unless HP were to give them a precise time to change the price they will all be updating when they choose to.

Looks like dabs.com is the best bet atm. They are claiming over 200 in stock.

Keep your spirits up peeps. This is a marathon not a sprint.
  5. Hem
    Ignore my last post regarding PC World. Just called them up and apparently every store has 3 in stock but they have all been reserved last night and they aren't getting any more in stock according to their customer service line.
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that. Unless HP were to give them a precise time to change the price they will all be updating when they choose to.

Looks like dabs.com is the best bet atm. They are claiming over 200 in stock.
    HP TouchPad FB405UA#ABB | Insight UK

700+ supposedly.
    I take it all back.
    Just got a call from comet and they CAN price match!
    No idea when my delivery will be now since it has gone through to refunds but i should get a call back when they know

Now i just have to wait for the pre 3.
    I take it all back.
    No idea when my delivery will be now since it has gone through to refunds but i should get a call back when they know

Good stuff!
    Bit the bullet and paid 349 from Curry's last night, does anyone know anything more about getting the difference refunded?

Really hope to be finally onboard the webOS bandwagon! (My Mum sent me her broken Pre- but it got lost in the post :-/ )
    Argos website now has the 16gb out of stock for home delivery - though still at the standard price
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Just emailed Expansys, as their website is showing 100+ in stock at the old price, to find out when they would be dropping the price, they replied saying that they don't have any left in stock
  12. Hem
    Update for you. Just spoke to HP directly and they reckon that all of the stock they have will be sold internally so nothing for the general public.

Also spoke to Insight and they are saying that if you put an order through now, you will pay the listed price on the website. They are awaiting notification from HP before dropping the price so I wouldn't order now. Same thing for Dabs as well apparently. Gist of it is wait until the site updates and then go for it and hope you get it.

On a separate note, HP are saying that it's likely that early adopters will be refunded the price difference but we'll have to wait 3-4 days for the dust to settle before we can start organising that. We'll have to physically request the refund rather than it being done automatically as well.
    Last edited by Hem; 08/23/2011 at 04:17 AM.
    First the 32 and now the 16 have disappeared from the HP store just now.

Dunno what that means.
    I take it all back.

Doyou have the name of the person you spoke to and what number it was on?

I'm on my way to collect one from a comet store now and some backup would be great
    Staples has just reduced their prices.
    Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
    Got my 32gb from Comet. res'd at 429 and paid 115.99 so long as you are on the res list, the woman in my local store said cause they knew they had mine @ full price in stock i could have it @ 115.99 but she did say only 4 res'd but they had around 8 but i think she said staff had some too
    Quote Originally Posted by retraux View Post
    Doyou have the name of the person you spoke to and what number it was on?

I'm on my way to collect one from a comet store now and some backup would be great
    Unfortunately not. I get the feeling it was a supervisor that phoned me though...
    Quote Originally Posted by richardallen42 View Post
    yup apparant from teh fact their websites clogged/wont load....

here we go again.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardallen42 View Post
    I hope theyre ready for some traffic in the form of DDOS from leeches (and actual WebOS fans ofc but mostly leeches :/ )
    Quote Originally Posted by Manic View Post
    I hope theyre ready for some traffic in the form of DDOS from leeches (and actual WebOS fans ofc but mostly leeches :/ )
    Yep - site is DOA. Happy days!