Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    I agree in theory, but which devs don't have one? If you don't its a bit of a crap time to be getting into TP app development
    most probably made their apps using the Virtualbox Emulator setup that palm provided, remember this things not even been out for 2 months yet.

devs were no different to us, they had to buy them on launch day as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Anyone notice the HP site does not have smartphones as a drop down anymore?
    The site is still a mess with links all over the place yes the smartphone drop down is not there but the pre 3 is still shown here HP Pre3 Smartphone | Business Mobile Phones | HP® Official Site
    Quote Originally Posted by John21 View Post
    Morning peeps!

I'm picking up 3 x 32gbs today. One is paid for from John Lewis and the other 2 are getting picked up from Argos and Comet....assuming they honour my reservations and haven't sold them already.

My spare 2 will go on sale here for face value tonight. (£115 + p&p)
    Gonna make a quiz...first person to get the answers gets shotgun on a touchpad.

Keep your eyes peeled
    Hi the one from Comet did you res it at full price, as I did @11:29 am but website claims only online price once it went down. in store still 429 for 32gb. I res and not payed at full price, but told if it goes down instore it will for me too.

cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by todders View Post
    The site is still a mess with links all over the place yes the smartphone drop down is not there but the pre 3 is still shown here HP Pre3 Smartphone | Business Mobile Phones | HP® Official Site
    I know I've been refreshing the page every minute on the minute. Anyone have any idea when these firesale prices might launch?
    I know I've been refreshing the page every minute on the minute. Anyone have any idea when these firesale prices might launch?
    you'd think around 9am BST, but that would require some degree of planning and coordination. Traits that HP UK and the UK retail sector as a whole aren't exactly blessed with.
    Quote Originally Posted by btc8500 View Post
    Hi the one from Comet did you res it at full price, as I did @11:29 am but website claims only online price once it went down. in store still 429 for 32gb. I res and not payed at full price, but told if it goes down instore it will for me too.

cheers
    Yeah all 3 were reserved at full price. John Lewis have dropped the price of their ones so will get my cash back when I pick it up.

I assume the other 2 will drop too? If not I printed out a heap of stuff from websites selling them at £115 to price match. Lol good luck to them selling at £400+. They can either drop it or let it gather dust in the stock room.
    theres a different thread for the pre3 info already, pretty sure theres a 2nd as well, not sure which ones more up to date tho, but this ones touchpad only.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 08/23/2011 at 02:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by John21 View Post
    Yeah all 3 were reserved at full price. John Lewis have dropped the price of their ones so will get my cash back when I pick it up.

I assume the other 2 will drop too? If not I printed out a heap of stuff from websites selling them at £115 to price match. Lol good luck to them selling at £400+. They can either drop it or let it gather dust in the stock room.
    when I did price match before they have to phone store to see if they are in stock.
    good look.
    I think I might have a break down if I don't get one LOL
    I was waiting for the 7" version as I'm not to keen on the 10" but for the money yes please LOL...
  9. Hem
    Slightly off topic but does anyone know if HP will automatically refund early adopters or do we have to manually request the refund?

p.s. hope all you guys manage to get yours and I also hope that all those people buying them to sell on ebay suddenly find a significant lack of demand...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hem View Post
    Slightly off topic but does anyone know if HP will automatically refund early adopters or do we have to manually request the refund?

p.s. hope all you guys manage to get yours and I also hope that all those people buying them to sell on ebay suddenly find a significant lack of demand...
    Yes.. you suspect the price drop is SOO low to ensure that they properly sold out... and to encourage ebay-type resale buys. HP have been so keen to get rid of them they set the price, not to £150 odd where only people who actually wanted one would buy, but so low to ensure they utterly wiped their hands of the problem, and let the free market deal with it from now on.

p.s. don't know about the HP refund. sorry!
    a bit quiet isn't it.

cue Jaws music.
    a bit quiet isn't it.

cue Jaws music.
    Smashing F5 takes a lot out of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Smashing F5 takes a lot out of people.
    hehe. I've started using Ctrl-R since my F5 looked pitiful this morning.
  14. Hem
    For anyone in Bath/Bristol area, apparently the PC World in Bath has a few in stock. Heard whispers that the Best Buy in Bristol may have a few as well...
    Well, i can confirm that comet won't price match orders made just before they reduced the prices even if you phone up and ask nicely
    Looks like i'm still trying to get a touchpad
    Hey man, I'm 10 minutes down the road from the Bristol best buy, not sure if I can get there before work though

Can't get a direct phone number for them either :/

Thanks for the heads up though
    Yes.. you suspect the price drop is SOO low to ensure that they properly sold out... and to encourage ebay-type resale buys. HP have been so keen to get rid of them they set the price, not to £150 odd where only people who actually wanted one would buy, but so low to ensure they utterly wiped their hands of the problem, and let the free market deal with it from now on.

p.s. don't know about the HP refund. sorry!
    I doubt they've made many friends in the retail industry. They've virtually brought down every website and I bet phones have been ringing off the hook. Anyone trying to buy a different product was probably stuffed. I think this whole firesale has been managed terribly by HP. That said i'm still trying to buy a TP and Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flibx View Post
    Well, i can confirm that comet won't price match orders made just before they reduced the prices even if you phone up and ask nicely
    Best of luck getting one today.

I'm debating whether to try as well, having only got an email from CPW that looked suspiciously like

'We just accepted all orders, and will work out if we have any stock later'
    Quote Originally Posted by Flibx View Post
    Just cancel and buy elsewhere.
    very annoyed,
    got an email from comet last night saying order received and would receive another email when processed.
    Phoned customer services today (at 10p per minute) and was told that the order wouldn't be processed as they had no stock.