Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    thing is, how many of the potential new customers could be app devs that need the device to do their magic on, and thsi fiasco is denying them that chance
    I'm one of those devs that can't get a TouchPad. I have tried all day, but sellers site problems have denied me one
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    read a fair few random posts on some social websites where customers have had reserved stock, gone to collect, then told after their sold otu and there was a "mistake" and their out of luck.

One such post even said they went into PC world and heard employees talking among themselves, the TPads situation was the main subject, she heard they had stock on their site there yet when she went to get one at the desk she was flatout told they had none in stock.

Unknown how much truth but if you do some pro googling youll see a fair few stories so far appearing of store employyes allegedly cancelling orders and taking them for themselves.

rumour mill/chineese whispers/truth/lies? who knows but the heated topic that is the Touchpad is brancing out into new unexpected directions.

im starting to sit back, read some of these thigns and think "*** happend to get to thsi stage, the touchpad hasnt even been out 2 months and everything has gone crazy".

madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by techman1 View Post
    See here:
    HP Pre 3 Cancelled in U.S., Will Sell for $75 In Europe | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

I found this UK site but the price hasn't been adjusted yet.
    Sim Free HP Palm Pre 3
    Ok, will watch for price drop then! I don't mind a spare (already bought 1 from HP full price - wonder if they will refund me difference). Happy to do that deal you mentioned! though I will probably get stung by custom duty
    I got two 32GB TPs for 115 each from Comet.co.uk at about 8pm tonight (GMT).
    The website kept crashing over and over. I'd get to the final 'place order' page and it'd 404 on me. I phoned the customer service line to be told that they couldn't take my order because their entire order system had crashed due to overwhelming orders.
    The website came back to life just long enough for me to complete my order and get my confirmation email! Woot! Bring on Wednesday delivery!
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    I'm one of those devs that can't get a TouchPad. I have tried all day, but sellers site problems have denied me one
    again hopefully the precentral types lucky enough to aquire such stuff, might lend a hand after the dust settles.
    Chirurgie likes this.
    read a fair few random posts on some social websites where customers have had reserved stock, gone to collect, then told after their sold otu and there was a "mistake" and their out of luck.

One such post even said they went into PC world and heard employees talking among themselves, the TPads situation was the main subject, she heard they had stock on their site there yet when she went to get one at the desk she was flatout told they had none in stock.

Unknown how much truth but if you do some pro googling youll see a fair few stories so far appearing of store employyes allegedly cancelling orders and taking them for themselves.

rumour mill/chineese whispers/truth/lies? who knows but the heated topic that is the Touchpad is brancing out into new unexpected directions.

im starting to sit back, read some of these thigns and think "*** happend to get to thsi stage, the touchpad hasnt even been out 2 months and everything has gone crazy".

madness.
    I suspect a minority of these cases happen ie dishonest staff keeping some for themselves, hoping to make a quick buck. Wish I could convince people NOT to buy any inflated price ones on Ebay to teach these people a lesson but alas, it will still happen. Those affected should write a detailed letter/email to that store manager and some MAY investigate and who knows?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Would love to get a Pre3 for 75euro. That's gonna be about 65 right?
    Palm History:

Treo 500 > Treo Pro > Pre > PrePlus > Touchpad
    I got a call (voicemail) from Hemel Comet at 7:40pm saying that although I placed my reservation at 12:45pm they didn't have any left "just to let you know"... bet he was glad it went to voice mail and not to me... Think I will complain to customer services tomorrow to see if I can get anything out of them.

Lucky for me I got one on the website anyway before I got the message, it had better actually arrive now though!
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordsComing View Post
    I got a call (voicemail) from Hemel Comet at 7:40pm saying that although I placed my reservation at 12:45pm they didn't have any left "just to let you know"... bet he was glad it went to voice mail and not to me... Think I will complain to customer services tomorrow to see if I can get anything out of them.

Lucky for me I got one on the website anyway before I got the message, it had better actually arrive now though!
    I would demand to speak to the manager for full explanation and suggest unscrupulous behaviour in the 7hours wait to inform you of a lack of stock when already bought!
    OverlordsComing likes this.
    again hopefully the precentral types lucky enough to aquire such stuff, might lend a hand after the dust settles.
    Agreed! Hope those of us lucky enough to buy extra TouchPads will sell them at cost to other loyal fans and developers!
    Quote Originally Posted by xeonwales View Post
    The title of that link says $75 so that'd be 45?

I really want one a Pre 3 for 45 anyway! I managed to buy a 16GB Touchpad from the US for $90.60. My friend will ship it over, hopefully shipping is cheap!
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    carphonewarehouse showing Pre3 still at 479.99, but on backorder
    Palm History:

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    sorry, thought it said €. $75 is even better for me!
    Palm History:

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeadored View Post
    the title of that link says $75 so that'd be 45?

I really want one a pre 3 for 45 anyway! I managed to buy a 16gb touchpad from the us for $90.60. My friend will ship it over, hopefully shipping is cheap!
    45 + vat
    sorry, thought it said . $75 is even better for me!
    An absolute steal! Hopefully it goes up on Friday (pay day!) :P.
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgie View Post
    I suspect a minority of these cases happen ie dishonest staff keeping some for themselves, hoping to make a quick buck. Wish I could convince people NOT to buy any inflated price ones on Ebay to teach these people a lesson but alas, it will still happen. Those affected should write a detailed letter/email to that store manager and some MAY investigate and who knows?
    agreed, still a shocking read tho, even for a minority occurance.
    as weve seen, chances are the whole bulk to resell thing will probably occur then, same as it is right now for the touchpad.
    If anyone has ordered an extra touchpad and is willing to sell it, pm me. I have been trying since 7 0 clock and got nothing, absolutely gutted.
    I was feeling depressed until I seen this on another forum.............

UserA

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Finally managed to secure one from Comet, and it was just 39.99

Looks like it paid off in the end.

UserB
    Lol look again, think youve bought a cover for it.

UserC
    PMSL - Epic Fail?
    Last edited by Preman_ie; 08/22/2011 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Quick edit to remove the user names
    This is not right at all summet woz defo goin dodgy n I wud luv 2 get ma hands on the lil scroats who most definatly will b deleteing orders just so they can get them 4 themselfs and profit, makes me sick, defo should b investigated and they should b fired, but nothing will happen and they will make alot of money of it :-( I 4sure would rather not have a touchpad then buy 1 of them from ebay.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums