Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Managed to get the 32GB from Comet, it does indeed drop the price to 115 at checkout. Thanks for the tip CGK!

Took trying in three browsers and a LOT of refreshing, but eventually got there. Now fingers crossed they're not actually OOS!

Good luck to everyone else trying to get one of these ahead of the eBay scalpers. There are plenty of shops with them in stock that still haven't dropped the price so I'm sure there will be more opportunities to snag a bargain tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobftw View Post
    guys get 1 from currys website asap put it in the basket and price changes to 89 hurryyyy
    no home delivery tho
    keeep your eyes on staples and comet guys, and keep looking at the sites on this link
    HP TouchPad 16GB UK Prices
    if my confirmation doesnt come through on cpw when i myt of been able to get 1 of comet site i am going to cry
    Sorry
    our website is currently unavailable due to an update.
    Please come back soon to view our full range. In the meantime, if you'd like to place an order please call 0844 800 95 95.

comet for me atm
    Quote Originally Posted by icenode View Post
    Managed to get the 32GB from Comet, it does indeed drop the price to 115 at checkout. Thanks for the tip CGK!

Took trying in three browsers and a LOT of refreshing, but eventually got there. Now fingers crossed they're not actually OOS!
    It just cannot get past the address section. Time to give up with that site methinks.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Ok, email received from CPW, but it says its subject to Acceptance....so still not a real confirmation, bah :\
  8. H
    Got past address section for 16GB on Comet but now says OOS
    Aahh i woz 2 exited 2 rsee tht, ohh well if i get 1 i gt 1 if not then its more hunting round for me
    Damn carphone warehouse has almost 1000 orders. I checked my number +1000 in here
    https://www.mycarphonewarehouse.com/...ack-OrderTrack
    And they order numbers exist unfortunately. SO I guess a few will only take.
    only the 32gb now lists in comet for me, hwo ppl got thru the ordering is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    Damn carphone warehouse has almost 1000 orders. I checked my number +1000 in here
    https://www.mycarphonewarehouse.com/...ack-OrderTrack
    And they order numbers exist unfortunately. SO I guess a few will only take.
    How do you know that your order number is over 1000? Are you looking at the last 4 digits of the order number? I finally got an email confirmation, but it doesnt say its processing yet, so not holding up much hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by OktaneZA View Post
    How do you know that your order number is over 1000? Are you looking at the last 4 digits of the order number? I finally got an email confirmation, but it doesnt say its processing yet, so not holding up much hope.
    No I was trying to find out how many people ordered and started from my phone number and was adding up to 1000 (The last 4 digits) I did know my order number from the time I placed the order. It was there in the step 5. I also so that the orders go back 200 numbers from my order but some of them are non-existent and some of them processing so I guess those are other orders.
    what he said ? :/
    Oh get to ****. My Comet order timed out at the securesuite stage!

I think the term is SOL. Although it just goes to show that these sites really can't cope with any more than a few dozen people at once and the e-commerce IT guys at these companies really do want to have a sit and think about their systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    Oh get to ****. My Comet order timed out at the securesuite stage!
    So I finally get through that and receive the infamous 'final' page stating "We will now process your order". Oh well. I do not hold out much hope in that case. Best of luck to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    No I was trying to find out how many people ordered and started from my phone number and was adding up to 1000 (The last 4 digits) I did know my order number from the time I placed the order. It was there in the step 5. I also so that the orders go back 200 numbers from my order but some of them are non-existent and some of them processing so I guess those are other orders.
    Ye, seems reasonable. Im well peeved, I have been scouring the web since Saturday. I was actually going to buy last week but pulled out when I found out about HP ejecting WebOs on thursday.... gutted :<
    YEAH, BABY, YEAH!

Comet. 32Gb.

You just have to be very, very, very patient and do lots of reloads.

It DOES remember the point you get to in the process. So if you get as far as putting in your address, and it crashes, when you finally get back in it puts you to the next stage along.

Of course, I may well still get an email saying they're out of stock, or some other knock-back, but in theory I have a 32Gb TP turning up on Wednesday.
    I tried the phone with comet... Got hung up on by the system and eventually got into a queue... My call seems to be important and they say it'll be answered shortly but this is 25 mins in and I think they may close at 8... Also, its 10p a minute and so I have already given them nearly 3 quid... mmmm... Shall I give up?