Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Right I've had enough of chasing pipedreams. Seems profiteering arseholes are in the ascendancy right now. But it's OK. I can wait. I'll have mine for a fiver in a few weeks.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I am so annoyed I was told you could not reserve them when I phoned dixons and this is crazy people buying in bulk just to sell to people who actually want them.
    I dint currently see much chance of getting one but hey there might still be other p,aces to reduce the prize like tesco and Argos, I guess I will continue to try.
    Hopefully I will succeed somewhere

*sigh*

Ps: there are already people selling these on eBay!!! Annoying.....
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UpTheRams View Post
    A lot of shops that do price matching will only match the price if the item is in stock at the lower price...
    Then you simply send it back box unopened (which they have to pay for) or you cancel it before they dispatch it - that the basis on which I've bought one full price from Dixons...

That's the beauty of UK consumer law, you have more protection buying online than in the shop (however if Argos reduce, they have a 30 days returns policy as long as the item is unopened - even if you buy in the store).
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    If any one ends up with a spare I'll take it....rushed home for dixons at 6pm but froze on checkout.

Grrrr!
    Yea I stepped out at the worst possible moment!
    If anyone has a spare one I will take it off your hand
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Seems the new base price on eBay is 180 for a 16GB. So people basically doubling their money.

*sigh*
    I got twice through to the Dixons checkout,only for it to crash.
    On principle i woun't be buying anything else from them in future.
    No luck with Best Buy either.
    Comet/PC world nothing in any of their central Scotland stores (and hasn't been since at least lunchtime).

Anyone got any ideas as to where is next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pronk View Post
    Seems the new base price on eBay is 180 for a 16GB. So people basically doubling their money.

*sigh*
    Oh soooo angry right now. I could kick the ****ing wankers who just see cheap **** and buy it regardless. Won't go on or the expletive check will probably ban me.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Then you simply send it back box unopened (which they have to pay for) or you cancel it before they dispatch it - that the basis on which I've bought one full price from Dixons...

That's the beauty of UK consumer law, you have more protection buying online than in the shop (however if Argos reduce, they have a 30 days returns policy as long as the item is unopened - even if you buy in the store).
    I bought one from Amazon.co.uk with that in mind. Either they match the firsale price or it's going to be canceled or send back for a full refund
    This is just the final kick in the teeth for webOS fans. The fact that they are on eBay already says it all.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I happened to be on the phone with a nice chap at CPW and I told him I wanted two 32gb ones, and he said that would be 800ish, I said can he check with his manager, which he did and said oh, you are right, we have just dropped the price to 115 each. I get them tomorrow

Very happy.

If it makes you feel better I had a Pre- on launch and the 2nd one is for my friend who is a Linux nut and really wants one.
    carephonewarehouse have apparently reduced prices.

Can't confirm myself though.... (website locked)
    Well I got one through Currys but I have now had an email saying they may not be able to fulfill it and will be contacting me. Fingers crossed I get one as I am actually a genuine WebOS fan and it's for me and not eBay!

Don't forget Staples still have them at full price as do Amazon so all is not lost for people not lucky enough to get one in the first 'wave'. Im sure there will be more discounts to come.

Thanks and good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by John21 View Post
    carephonewarehouse have apparently reduced prices.

Can't confirm myself though.... (website locked)
    gettign dns failures and website errors.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Carphone warehouse just went live. Got one for 89!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    This is just the final kick in the teeth for webOS fans. The fact that they are on eBay already says it all.
    Hear hear. You support something for two years, your friends laugh at you but you know in your heart you're right and that things will come good. Then the company does the dirty on you. Then finally you can see at least you can get the hardware you've craved cheaply. And then profiteering gyppos muscle in ahead of you and nab the lot.

Words can't describe how let down i feel now. EVEN MORE than i did on Friday - and that's saying something!
    it sucks that every site offerign them gets bogged down with heavy traffic and becomes unuseable.

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
    Reference #11.e9d27a5c.1314037285.2124468d

getting **** sick of it now
    Quote Originally Posted by oldfatgit View Post
    Carphone warehouse just went live. Got one for 89!
    Me too, but no email...

I'm not holding my breath on this one, I'd not be surprised if I get an email tomorrow, saying 'sorry, we ran out of stock'
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I'm told that if you get the 32gb touchpad from comet.co.uk it will price adjust in the basket -run run run!