Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
    big change to HP touchpad site: HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16GB (FB405UA)
    Typical. Just after I stop refreshing.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    erm... not only has the site changed, but they've actually added the 64gb white model? What is going on?

HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 64GB (FB425UA)
    geekpeter likes this.
    Interesting I rekon they will drop in price 2nyt defo :-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,496 Global Posts
    Dixons have confirmed sale - some for online later, rest in store tomorrow -

Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgie View Post
    says 'Currently may not be available driectly from HP' & gives a 'Find Local Retailers' button. Still same price

Agree this is more of usual HP webOS 'experience' we have come to 'love'. 'Fire Sale....coming soon!'
    That's a typical HP IT generated messaged when a product is inactive in the backend and there is an add to basket button live on the site. I wouldn't read much in to it for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by cymbalhead View Post
    erm... not only has the site changed, but they've actually added the 64gb white model? What is going on?

HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 64GB (FB425UA)
    Apart from storage, is there any difference? doesn't this one have a better chip?
    ooooohhhhhh they just update the HP website. 64gb now showing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulltii View Post
    Apart from storage, is there any difference? doesn't this one have a better chip?
    White back and a slightly faster processor (1.2 vs 1.5Ghz) and the extra storage of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    White back and a slightly faster processor (1.2 vs 1.5Ghz) and the extra storage of course.
    Right. RAM is the same, which is a shame. I read that the major reason why WEBos ran so much faster on the ipad is due to ram
    i see the pre 3 has been removed from the site as well,i give up today what an absolute farce.I feel we have been treated very badly today by hp with zero information apart from rumours.
    Quote Originally Posted by todders View Post
    i see the pre 3 has been removed from the site as well,i give up today what an absolute farce.I feel we have been treated very badly today by hp with zero information apart from rumours.
    The Pre3 is still on the website, same as it has been all day.

Most likelyHP will update it's systems overnight. Better set the alarm clock for early tomorrow!
    Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
    Quote Originally Posted by John21 View Post
    ooooohhhhhh they just update the HP website. 64gb now showing!
    would love to get a 64GB at corresponding prices... Under 150?
    I don't think I could stomach the white back.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulltii View Post
    Right. RAM is the same, which is a shame. I read that the major reason why WEBos ran so much faster on the ipad is due to ram
    Nope! the TP has 1Gb of Ram whilst the iPad has 512mb. The iPad runs faster as it is better optimized through various device iterations, and having a more simple OS (less background tasks), bigger GPU silicon and OS that takes more advantage of the GPU.

Edit - simple is the only word I found regarding lack of full multitasking in iOS, please do not crucify me....
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,496 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    It's a real slapdash job - a white back slapped on a black front.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardallen42 View Post

Most likelyHP will update it's systems overnight. Better set the alarm clock for early tomorrow!
    Sorry it was me the hp site is a nightmare to navigate properly,found it again now. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    Nope! the TP has 1Gb of Ram whilst the iPad has 512mb. The iPad runs faster as it is better optimized through various device iterations, and having a more simple OS (less background tasks), bigger GPU silicon and OS that takes more advantage of the GPU.

Edit - simple is the only word I found regarding lack of full multitasking in iOS, please do not crucify me....
    well the reports were of Webos running on the ipad, not sure if its through an emulator, or what??
    Quote Originally Posted by richardallen42 View Post

I cannot find the Pre 3 on he main HP site either (whilst other Pre phones are still there), but it is available on the Palm Euro store at @299.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    it will go in a case anyway, black or white.

as for black front, am glad they keep it black instead.
    well i will be refreshing all nyt 2 make sure i grab a bargain haha no1 is beating me 2 this touchpsad i will succeed