Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 1092
Like Tree55Likes
  1. #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenson View Post
    ...and the price of replacing the plugs.
    exactly. I think HP will just landfill if its anything beyond 'sell what's still lying around'.

    People have been similarly speculating selling the Ex -AT&T Pre3s as unlocked in the US.... I mean really! the effort to open each box, reinstall all the software, unlock, change all the boxes, get rid of all the AT&T logos, only to sell for $100. Absurd.
  2. #242  
    I'll ask about the Pre3 - but i'd call it a day for now on the CTRL+F5'ing, from experience, I know they won't push live something so big this late in the day.
  3. #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by saucemonkey View Post
    I'll ask about the Pre3 - but i'd call it a day for now on the CTRL+F5'ing, from experience, I know they won't push live something so big this late in the day.
    cheers pal.


    I hope the accessories get prices slashed too... could do with a touchstone and a case for the touchpad.
  4. Pronk's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    #244  
    Shipping costs will be minimal - HP is a big company and move bulk items around all the time. They could probably throw most of the stock in the UK on one lorry. Plugs? If it's anything like my Pre 2, it came with both euro and UK plugs in the box anyway.

    And does anyone know where HPs UK warehouse is? Because I know for tax purposes Apple used to ship everything from Ireland. For all we know, HP do the same and the "UK" stock is already there anyway.

    Put it this way - everyone else seems to have got their act together and had a sale. Why not the UK? Certainly not from lack of demand, yet no one can get a straight answer out of anyone.
  5. #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pronk View Post
    And does anyone know where HPs UK warehouse is? Because I know for tax purposes Apple used to ship everything from Ireland. For all we know, HP do the same and the "UK" stock is already there anyway.
    HP UK ship from Ingram Micro, based in England.
  6. #246  
    This is like waiting for Father Christmas on Christmas eve.!!!

    We’ll all go out, carry on with our lives, and then the price will change and we will miss it!! Damn you HP!!!!
  7. #247  
    Most of the UK stock will be with the re-sellers.

    The act of recalling that stock, collating it, warehousing it and re-shipping back to Europe won't be massive but dropping the price and letting the re-sellers deal with it will be MUCH simpler & cheaper.
  8. #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by smackead View Post
    This is like waiting for Father Christmas on Christmas eve.!!!

    We’ll all go out, carry on with our lives, and then the price will change and we will miss it!! Damn you HP!!!!
    The HP on-line store runs on a mix of technology of the archiac variety and is very dependant on outside digital agency intervention. I know for a fact the agency leave their offices in 5 minutes, as they are based abroad. I can safely say you'll be fine to go out for a couple of beers tonight and check back tomorrow
    smackead likes this.
  9. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    exactly. I think HP will just landfill if its anything beyond 'sell what's still lying around'.

    People have been similarly speculating selling the Ex -AT&T Pre3s as unlocked in the US.... I mean really! the effort to open each box, reinstall all the software, unlock, change all the boxes, get rid of all the AT&T logos, only to sell for $100. Absurd.
    But since the AT&T Pre3 stock works best only with AT&T because of 3G data bands, there is little point buying them unlocked in the first place. This whole unlocking business is only useful for non-3G phones, or for 3G phones for the rest of the world.
  10. #250  
    Just got off the Phone to HP again. and he claims that it will be tonight or Tuesday. and he is getting tired of phone calls and he even cannot get one. So I replied If I cannot have one he cannot lol.

    I think get as many people as you can to phone them and they will in start to moan to HP and hopefully they will pull their fingers out and firesale it.
    samlilli likes this.
  11. #251  
    Haha, who did you get through to - can you remember his name?
  12. #252  
    no but not all of my posts are fake. he did have an Irish accent. if that helps.
    I hope it is before the end of the day as My res at comet is up on tuesday lol
  13. #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by btc8500 View Post
    no but not all of my posts are fake. he did have an Irish accent. if that helps.
    I hope it is before the end of the day as My res at comet is up on tuesday lol
    Was it dave? lol I spoke to an irish dave...
  14. #254  
    An old colleague is standing by and will call me when she set's the new pricing live - I will update you if it happens before 5:30 today.

    Haha, i bet you it was David - i should ring through for a laugh
  15. #255  
    I've ordered one at £312.00 on Amazon. If the price drops I'll try and claim the difference from them. If it doesn't drop or they won't refund the difference I'll just send it back.

    Still keeping my eye in HP website too though.
  16. samlilli's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #256  
    big change to HP touchpad site: HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16GB (FB405UA)
  17. #257  
    Sorry double post.
    Last edited by billyboy; 08/22/2011 at 10:31 AM.
  18. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #258  
    As mentioned the website has changed - We've been stitched up like a kipper lads! Just like WebOS developers - held up with nothing to come!
  19. #259  
    Dixons on Twitter - Twitter
  20. #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
    big change to HP touchpad site: [url= TouchPad Wi-Fi 16GB (FB405UA)[/url]
    says 'Currently may not be available driectly from HP' & gives a 'Find Local Retailers' button. Still same price

    Agree this is more of usual HP webOS 'experience' we have come to 'love'. 'Fire Sale....coming soon!'

Posting Permissions