Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    how many webOS fans there are out there!
    Nobody outside this forum cares about WebOS - all they care about is one of those expensive tablet things is about be really cheap.
    if the rest of the world get's discount we should get exactly the same and no less, ur right there m8 rip of britain as allways fckn sucks
    y does it take them so long 2 decite over in the uk and america it was done straight away

i love webos but i have only had the pre- launch day and the pre 2 which i think is awsome just wish the apps would of been there
    Quote Originally Posted by noobftw View Post
    if the rest of the world get's discount we should get exactly the same and no less, ur right there m8 rip of britain as allways fckn sucks
    y does it take them so long 2 decite over in the uk and america it was done straight away
    True. Maybe we should, you know, riot or something.
    Andyf and smackead like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by shai126 View Post
    Someone's optimistic about how many webOS fans there are out there! Hundred people, top whack, will currently be on that page hoping for a discount
    It takes quite a while to load. i don't think a hundred Webos fans could slow HP's website down that much.

A few thousand at least continuously pressing F5!!!

Richard

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I live in the UK and dont feel short changed. After all we get the Pre 3!
    lol the rioters are the reason we aint gtn a discount they stole all the stock haha
    this was posted an hour ago, take a look http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/21034...ok-shift-stock
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Nobody outside this forum cares about WebOS - all they care about is one of those expensive tablet things is about be really cheap.
    Just spoke to HP salesline.
    They are taking over 300 calls per hour, likely not webos enthusiasts, but does go to show how much people love a bargain.

Line from the phone team is that the prices will be reduced but zero stock available. They say they don't know when that will change, and advise to keep looking at the website, couldn't get them to budge from this.
    If the online inventories are to be trusted, there's a fair bit of stock sitting with the re-sellers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukdoc View Post
    Just spoke to HP salesline.
    They are taking over 300 calls per hour, likely not webos enthusiasts, but does go to show how much people love a bargain.
    The easy way to deal with this workload would, of course, be to start the blasted firesale. This delay only makes them look like a company that can't get its act together.
    Quote Originally Posted by shai126 View Post
    True. Maybe we should, you know, riot or something.
    Are you trying to insight a riot..? Oh well never mind. This is a webOS board after all. No-one will ever read it.

Quote Originally Posted by lensmann View Post
    The easy way to deal with this workload would, of course, be to start the blasted firesale. This delay only makes them look like a company that can't get its act together.
    Are you at all surprised?
    Last edited by Teso Dos Bichos; 08/22/2011 at 08:27 AM.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    popabawa and samlilli like this.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I don't think it's looking likely for today anymore, judging by the 2pm hoax
    Maybe they want to do it by the night when everyone will be sleeping :P
    Knowing them they will probs do it at night so it fcks everything up for people lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    is there a specific UK TouchPad fire sale hashtag?
    I think comet just called me. I was late to pick it up though.
    I think a lot of the general public are just looking for a bargain & some curious to try out a cut price tablet.

I do hope a lot comes on ebay for little mark up but if folks actually tried it, surely many would love & keep the webOS.

If, and a HUGE IF, webOS has further life with another company, this fire sale will just have significantly increased number of webOS users.

Shame HP did not decide to aggressively price this at the start (& even better have 3.0.2 updated) & take the market by force.
    have the companys that offer reservation's contacted HP asking them not to lower the price till wednesday as then no one will have it on res. then they can sell it to there own staff first.

I have phoned HP UK and number of times and they do not know anything
    Staples claim they had email saying price gone down in USA but still waiting for anything from HP or headoffice.

Have 3 on res but only have money for 1 LOL
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I think its looking unlikely for today lads.
    hp website down
    edit: It was for amoment at least
    edit2: They restored the missing page.
    You should be able to reach the touchpad page through the menu. That must mean something
    Quote Originally Posted by btc8500 View Post
    have the companys that offer reservation's contacted HP asking them not to lower the price till wednesday as then no one will have it on res. then they can sell it to there own staff first.
    That would make no sense, no company wants to annoy it's customers. Being able to give customers a sweet deal like this is a positive plus.