Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By indivisibletears
  • 1 Post By jhoff80
  1.    #1  
    So I'm guessing that Sprint is throwing a party right about now...or at least sharing a little chuckle...

All of those (me included - since I'm a Sprint and original Pre owner/user) Sprint customers threatening/thinking about switching carriers now don't have a reason to jump ship for webOS on another carrier. Sprint played it right - either way, I'm still riding my Pre to its utmost grave. It still does things that others can't...even in its 2 year old shell.
    Titan078 likes this.
    they may be rejoicing, but I am in the process of determining how much I actually use my phone as a phone. I may just find the cheapest mifi-type plan and use that with my touchpad instead.
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
  3.    #3  
    I got a refurb mifi from Sprint with no 2-year agreement (because it was a refurb) and a 39.99/month data plan. It is limited to 5gig/month, but after a month and a half of usage I think that should be plenty. As long as I don't do a ton of video/music streaming, I'll be fine. Plus, I just use it when I'm out. At home I'm on wifi.

The device I have is only a 3G, but still, it does the job just fine. You might look into that option.
    Honestly, it doesn't matter what Sprint's doing. I love their cheap plans (I've been a customer since my first Treo), but as soon as this AT&T / T-Mobile thing goes through, Sprint is done.
    Syndil likes this.
    I wonder tho if sprint had agreed to carry the phones if this decision would have been made.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Honestly, it doesn't matter what Sprint's doing. I love their cheap plans (I've been a customer since my first Treo), but as soon as this AT&T / T-Mobile thing goes through, Sprint is done.
    I agree about Sprint. Phone selection is secondary to plan pricing and service IMO, and Sprint has never given me any reason to leave on those accounts.

But frankly at this point I'd be surprised if the ATT/Tmo deal actually went through.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    But frankly at this point I'd be surprised if the ATT/Tmo deal actually went through.
    I hope you're right on that, we need options. I just don't foresee anyone actually standing up to stop it.