1.    #1  
    Wait, so, HP, the owner of the recently failed TouchPad slashes it's prices in a fire sale and THEY are sold out - how is that possible?

Don't they have all the stock?

This is from this morning.

God, I really hate HP.
    I bought one for $499 from HPs website apparently they will reduce the price if I call
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    Wait, so, HP, the owner of the recently failed TouchPad slashes it's prices in a fire sale and THEY are sold out - how is that possible?

Don't they have all the stock?

This is from this morning.

God, I really hate HP.
    They are sold out because they sold 100,000 units overnight.

Reports are they have more shipments going back to them.

Don't blame HP for 100,000 people buying TouchPads last night.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by Macmee View Post
    I bought one for $499 from HPs website apparently they will reduce the price if I call
    as did i, but im in the UK, im guessing ill get tolld to foad if i tried in the UK tho, our prices are still full whack.
    hp does not have all the stock, in stock.

if best buy was ordered to ship all their stock back to hp, and costco, and whoever else, how could those units arrive in 1 day.

im more curious to find out where the 64gb white tp is...and how much thats gonna go for.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    They are sold out because they sold 100,000 units overnight.

Reports are they have more shipments going back to them.

Don't blame HP for 100,000 people buying TouchPads last night.
    How do you know they sold 100k units last night?

Also, don't you think they have some idea on the returns from the 1 million units shipped? I mean really, they are HP after all and the enterprise is the enterprise.

If you know you have units returning, don't you want to fill the sales pipe - even if it's a fire sale pipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    How do you know they sold 100k units last night?

Also, don't you think they have some idea on the returns from the 1 million units shipped? I mean really, they are HP after all and the enterprise is the enterprise.

If you know you have units returning, don't you want to fill the sales pipe - even if it's a fire sale pipe.
    I heard it from an HP rep who was taking sales orders last night.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06