Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Can we compile a list of known facts about the refund/return process?

Right now I think there's a lot of confusion, some people are saying you can get your price matching directly from HP even if you bought it elsewhere (as long as you are not returning the device). Others are saying you must go through the retailer no matter what. Can those who HAVE gone through the return/ partial refund process post here about their experiences?
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    For what it's worth, BB told me return for a full refund or keep it were my current options.
    I purchased direct on day 1 from hp.com with employee discount. Just got off the phone customer service. After an initial, unproductive, bout with the first line rep, who simply quoted policies to me, the manager dame on the line and immediatly said he would refund to match the current $150 price. Done, and I am happy with the device, supported or not, for $150.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    BestBuy gave me a full refund. They required the charger, usb cable and the tablet. They even made sure the thing turned on.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    BB didn't check squat, took my touchstone without the box, or the wall adapter. They were very nice about it. If they would have offered me a price match, I would have jumped. But I preferred my $700ish back given the situation.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    don't know about buying elsewhere, but I managed to finally get a hold of a rep after an hour and 50 min wait I was refunded 393.14 (tax included), was easy no quest asked. I ordered mine in July 30 - instant $50 HP rebate with $30 coupon code for a savings of $80. Was gonna return if there was no refund since I was inside the 21 day return window of when I received it (Aug 2). I'll keep my 32gb at the firewall pricing, one heck of a kindle reader. Btw, I have yet to turn in my $50 early adopter rebate. Haven't asked them about it, but wonder if they will accept it. Technically, I still qualify since I placed my order before Aug 1 and within the 45 day period of purchase.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    don't know about buying elsewhere, but I managed to finally get a hold of a rep after an hour and 50 min wait I was refunded 393.14 (tax included), was easy no quest asked. I ordered mine in July 30 - instant $50 HP rebate with $30 coupon code for a savings of $80. Was gonna return if there was no refund since I was inside the 21 day return window of when I received it (Aug 2). I'll keep my 32gb at the firewall pricing, one heck of a kindle reader. Btw, I have yet to turn in my $50 early adopter rebate. Haven't asked them about it, but wonder if they will accept it. Technically, I still qualify since I placed my order before Aug 1 and within the 45 day period of purchase.
    So you bought yours directly from HP?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I went to the local Staples this morning around 10am and the manager said everything with HP was on hold. I then came home around 2:30pm and began to read that Staples was price matching. So I went back and talked to the same manager who not only gave me the price match, but used 1 of the 2 $100 off coupons that I had originally used to buy the 32G TP a week ago. So my price for the 32GTP was $52.80.
    runukraine likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
    So you bought yours directly from HP?
    yes and they will refund my cc I used. Already got the confirmation email on HP's part for records.
  10.    #10  
    Has anyone gotten the price match from HP even though they bought their Touchpad elsewhere?
    Has anyone gotten the price match from HP even though they bought their Touchpad elsewhere?
    No, the HP CSR told me I had to go through the retailer I bought it from.
    +1
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    I purchased mine from Amazon, and am waiting to call HP first (Monday) and ask what I can do... Or rather what they might do for me. I DO NOT plan on doing a full return, I love the TP, but feel a bit slighted and would like some money back.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    Figures
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehalliday View Post
    I purchased direct on day 1 from hp.com with employee discount. Just got off the phone customer service. After an initial, unproductive, bout with the first line rep, who simply quoted policies to me, the manager dame on the line and immediatly said he would refund to match the current $150 price. Done, and I am happy with the device, supported or not, for $150.
    +1

Didn't have a issue with the first person, but he did push me over to a "problem Resolution Supervisor" of some sorts and she easily gave me the credit. Also purchased on July 2nd.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    That's unfortunate. I was hoping Amazon would come through with the discount, but it doesn't seem likely at this point.

Looks like i'll be returning the TP as soon as it arrives on Tuesday.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohaste View Post
    That's unfortunate. I was hoping Amazon would come through with the discount, but it doesn't seem likely at this point.

Looks like i'll be returning the TP as soon as it arrives on Tuesday.
    It's still saturday. Wait til monday.
    I bought mine in store from Staples and had it shipped to my house. I called their line and spoke with a friendly rep who would price match. It's a 14 day window and mine was at 15 days and they were nice enough to honor it a day late. I should see a refund on my credit card soon.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefire View Post
    I bought mine in store from Staples and had it shipped to my house. I called their line and spoke with a friendly rep who would price match. It's a 14 day window and mine was at 15 days and they were nice enough to honor it a day late. I should see a refund on my credit card soon.
    This was my exact experience as well as of just a few minutes ago.
    hhgregg just price matched the touchpad i bought 14 days ago to the one i bought last night. I showed them my receipt from hp for 89.25 and they said they couldnt do 89 but 91 was their cost on the touchpad so they gave it to me for that. so now i have 2 touchpads haha.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast