Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Took it in to Best Buy today for a no-hassle return on my launch day Touchpad. They refunded my credit card for the full price and refunded my ADH plan prorated for the days I actually had the device. So basically I got to rent the Touchpad for almost 2 months and all it cost me was $7
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    anyone know if office depot is honoring?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    costco just took it back - they wouldn't price match as they're all being shipped back to hp.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Has anyone had any experience with newegg returns? I preordered mine the first day you could, so I'm not sure if I should even try.
    I posted in another thread that Newegg is negotiating with HP at this point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    anyone know if office depot is honoring?
    I bought mine at Office Depot 14 days ago. Last night I printed a page off their website showing the new price and "available online"

Went there this morning after waiting in line at Best Buy for an hour. They looked at my receipt, the printout, and immediately refunded the difference, no questions asked.

I was a little worried when Best Buy said they were just not selling them (boy was that stupid. Think of all thew new owners buying accessories). I was planning on buying cheap at Best Buy and returning the new boxed item to OD. So glad it worked in the end. I keep my Touchpad and pay only $150 for it. Would have been nice to have another for my girlfriend, though.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I just called WalMart about my 32GTP and they haven't gotten any guidance in reagrd to price matching outside of their 2 week window. The Manager I spoke to told me to check back on Monday to see what info has been pushed down to them. If it comes down to it, I might just return it and buy a new one at the discounted price.
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    Took it in to Best Buy today for a no-hassle return on my launch day Touchpad. They refunded my credit card for the full price and refunded my ADH plan prorated for the days I actually had the device. So basically I got to rent the Touchpad for almost 2 months and all it cost me was $7
    If you sent your Best Buy Touchpad to HP for exchange because it had a crack in it, don't mention that when you return it.
    Brought mine back in the box (reluctantly) and the BB people didn't even open the box. Gave me a refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4rc51 View Post
    I purchased mine from Amazon, and am waiting to call HP first (Monday) and ask what I can do... Or rather what they might do for me. I DO NOT plan on doing a full return, I love the TP, but feel a bit slighted and would like some money back.
    The only thing that you can do is try to get a new one at the firesale price and then return the original to Amazon. I've already called HP and they said you have to get the refund from the retailer and Amazon will only take returns.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Brought mine back in the box (reluctantly) and the BB people didn't even open the box. Gave me a refund.
    Same story here.
    I took my to BB, and they would only give me a store credit. I feel I got ripped, it didn't read anything about only store credit in the post on BB website. I just checked there again and can't find the posting.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    I took my to BB, and they would only give me a store credit. I feel I got ripped, it didn't read anything about only store credit in the post on BB website. I just checked there again and can't find the posting.
    The guy who intially started processing my return needed a manager to override the computer system to refund my credit card rather than issue store credit.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Well, I went to two Staples stores and called other three today asking for a refund. It was my 15th day and they both cited their rule of 14days, so they told me that I was out of options. Not even a price match. Reading the experience of some of the other users here, I'm gonna go again tomorrow and see what I can do. It is not fair that some of us can get a price match out of the 14 days and some others not...
    Wish me luck!

I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.
    Best Buy price matched me to $99 for mine.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12