1.    #1  
    I had an opportunity to buy one from Office Depot last night from their website, but I wanted to wait until I successfully refunded the full-price one I bought from Costco 2 weeks ago. I just came back from Costco right now (refund successful) and find that every fire-sale priced TP is gone in the world :-( And you *******s who bought 30+ touchpads are going to try to sell me one for $200 on ebay, and I'm going to tell you to go suck a lemon. Screw you flippers. This is going to drive the market price back up. I guess I will wait until the market price goes back down to $150 for a 32GB before I jump back in, but until then I will be bereft of a Touchpad.
    Yeah, wait about a week, and watch eBay.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
  3.    #3  
    You *******s who bought 30+ touchpads who are going to try to sell me one on ebay for 200+ on ebay, I hate you all. I'm so angry right now.
    Cry me a river. Early bird gets the worm.
    Not crying, but I didnt expect them to fly off the shelves like they did. (best buy/staples/costco sent all of their inventory back so my guess is the fire sale isnt over yet though.)
    that's capitalism. It's called just an equilibrator. The devices were being sold below market price, thus you get a shortage, and a secondary market.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Wait 2-3 weeks they will be on Ebay for $100-$150 .
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Wait 2-3 weeks they will be on Ebay for $100-$150 .
    No...they're going to be on ebay for 200-300 because people who bought them want to turn a profit.
    Someone bought 30 touch pads because they were a hundred bucks? That has to be the single worst investment I've ever heard of.

I would've bought one for a hundred bucks but even 150 sounds too high. No one is going to make any money on this. Not enough for the hassle of having to ship 30 touch pads, let alone having to try to sell them all.

This is hilarious. Why wouldn't you just put your money in gold stock? Get you a 10% return in a month while kicking your legs up
    Thats what i thought and was the case for a few weeks when viewsonic stopped supporting the Gtablet and Woot.com had them for $270 (original price was $500) but I got mine 4 weeks later for $200 shipped on ebay and they have dropped as the flippers try to get some of there money back. They will not be $200 for long. As the new apps like Fruit Ninja and new levels of Angry birds come out and theres no support for the Touchpad people will start to dump them for less then $99 ( but that may be 3-4 months down the road)

Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitts View Post
    No...they're going to be on ebay for 200-300 because people who bought them want to turn a profit.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitts View Post
    And they'll sell a few at that price, but quickly find out that the price doesn't go up for a fire-sale product that has no software, no mind share, and no support.

Only those of us here and a couple other places know that the home brew guys will continue to do their thing. Everyone is making an impulse buy, getting a cheap Nook Color, or just has a carrion fetish.

Ebay will be at $100 soon enough.
    Absolutley agree . These tablets are not that popular to begin with and with little support and realisticly no new apps its just a glorified Ereader/Internet browser. There are so many new tablets I am reading about in the $150 range coming out soon and you can get some good tablets for under $200 like the Gtablet etc. The Nook color is $170 . and it has the latest apps and is (personally) a better tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    Someone bought 30 touch pads because they were a hundred bucks? That has to be the single worst investment I've ever heard of.

I would've bought one for a hundred bucks but even 150 sounds too high. No one is going to make any money on this. Not enough for the hassle of having to ship 30 touch pads, let alone having to try to sell them all.

This is hilarious. Why wouldn't you just put your money in gold stock? Get you a 10% return in a month while kicking your legs up
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post
    And they'll sell a few at that price, but quickly find out that the price doesn't go up for a fire-sale product that has no software, no mind share, and no support.

Only those of us here and a couple other places know that the home brew guys will continue to do their thing. Everyone is making an impulse buy, getting a cheap Nook Color, or just has a carrion fetish.

Ebay will be at $100 soon enough.
    I hope that's true, guess I have no choice but to hold tight for a few months. The grand irony would be if HP announced on Monday, "Hey just kidding, we're going to support WebOS again because it was selling so well", and then the prices stabilise at around $300.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Absolutley agree . These tablets are not that popular to begin with and with little support and realisticly no new apps its just a glorified Ereader/Internet browser. There are so many new tablets I am reading about in the $150 range coming out soon and you can get some good tablets for under $200 like the Gtablet etc. The Nook color is $170 . and it has the latest apps and is (personally) a better tablet.
    Yeah, I picked one up to use as a photo frame and for web browsing in a pinch because $99 seems like a fair price for that.

Although I'll probably be really happy with the purchase if they manage to get Android -- even 2.2 -- booted on it.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Looks like HP even boned the fire sale. They could have recovered at least 50% more by pricing at $150 - $200 and had the same sell outs.
    Well eBay is flooded with TouchPad's right now, and all the ones that have current bids are over $200. Since they are sold out everywhere, looks like people are still willing to pay a little more for it.

People who got up early this morning to buy one (or more) are now making a nice profit.
    HP's website is showing all their phones out of stock too.
    I almost got one at Walmart this morning and I was going to see if anyone puts Android on it. but I got 2 Gtablets for $200 and I didnt need another Android tablet. But for $99 makes a terrific web browser or a picture frame.

Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Yeah, I picked one up to use as a photo frame and for web browsing in a pinch because $99 seems like a fair price for that.

Although I'll probably be really happy with the purchase if they manage to get Android -- even 2.2 -- booted on it.