Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone,

I have had my eye on a Pre since they were first announced but was never quite happy with the hardware, so I never bought one. I have been anxiously waiting for the Pre3 and am disappointed that HP is shutting everything down, I think WebOS is the best mobile OS out there.

So when I heard last night that the TouchPad was on a firesale, I snapped one up from OfficeDepot.

So my question is what things on the TouchPad will NOT continue to work if HP goes with the worst case scenario and just shuts down everything related to WebOS?

Thanks,

Shiri
    everything should still work, just won't have many people putting out new and updated models...the webOSinternals team will probably help make sure that everything else keeps operating
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skm67 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have had my eye on a Pre since they were first announced but was never quite happy with the hardware, so I never bought one. I have been anxiously waiting for the Pre3 and am disappointed that HP is shutting everything down, I think WebOS is the best mobile OS out there.

So when I heard last night that the TouchPad was on a firesale, I snapped one up from OfficeDepot.

So my question is what things on the TouchPad will NOT continue to work if HP goes with the worst case scenario and just shuts down everything related to WebOS?

Thanks,

Shiri
    Nothing. Preware will support devices if that happens. Welcome to webOS and precentral.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz