1.    #1  
    I just spoke with an HP sales person at 1-888-999-4747 and she told me that HP is completely sold out of Touchpads and they do not anticipate getting any more in stock.
    Since both Best Buy and Costco are returning stock instead of selling it in stores, it will be interesting to see if additional units show up on HP website.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I was told by general manager at Best Buy and also Office Max that they are returning their stock on Tuesday to HP so I guess we wait to see if adding 240K+ to their stock makes a difference to their inventory or if they presold knowing those are coming back. I was the first person in line at Staples and was told they would not price match and then found out that after I left they started price matching. Was the first person in line at Best Buy too. Finally got 1 at Office Max at the $129 price for the 16 gb, not as good as the $99 price but took it anyway.
    It's funny how a product that apparently doesn't sell at all is perpetually out of stock wherever you look.

Best Buy only sold 25,000 and is angry about that. But there were a lot of threads stating Best Buy were out of stock and only had one unit.
    So Best Buy kept them in a warehouse never to see store shelves?
    Best Buy customer service says they will be putting the touchpads back out soon at firesale prices
    Last edited by sidotij; 08/20/2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: fat fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by sidotij View Post
    Best Buy customer service says they will be putting the touchpads back out soon at firesale prices
    Who did you call to confirm this? They are sold out everywhere I have looked.
    Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sidotij View Post
    Who told you this and when? they are supposed to be sending them back.

I ordered twice online at walmart for site to store at 2 different stores. Both orders got cancelled after they were processed.
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaKitty View Post
    I dont buy that at all. People are actually buying these, thats the big difference between the Touchpad and the Atari games.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I don't know tax law, but if they can take a $500 right-off on landfilled Touchpads, vs a $400 writeoff, plus $100 cash, the second option will be a much better deal.
    The Atari cartridges were probably pretty much worthless, so the administrative costs associated with selling them outweighed any profit they could make. The landfill was probably the cheapest option.

[edit]

From Snopes:
    Some other video game manufacturers attempted to rid themselves of excess inventory by selling it at sharply reduced prices, but Atari, stuck with millions of games and consoles that were largely unsellable at any price, sent fourteen truckloads of merchandise from their plant in El Paso, Texas, to be dumped in a city landfill in Alamogordo, New Mexico in late September 1983.

snopes.com: Buried Atari Cartridges
    Last edited by DrewT3; 08/20/2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Snopes check