Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #1  
    webOSroundup reports that HP will refund every TP or credits the difference to the fire sale price.

Good news for the early adaptors!
    nudicles likes this.
    HP has sent out a memo to their retail partners for them to extend the same refund measures to their customers.

Bought your TouchPad from a major retail partner? Try calling their customer service hotlines. We cannot confirm which stores are included just yet, but strongly suggest you try. We were informed by an HP customer service rep that this just went into effect, so it may be a little while before retail partners catch wind of this.
    as of right now Best Buy says that are not participating
    Hmm... Guess I'm going to wait a few days to see if Best Buy will participate. I don't want to hassle with buying another one off eBay (for more than I want, but $400 less than what I originally paid for), when mine is in perfect condition.

Thanks for the link.

Edit: Knew I shouldn't have gone to Best Buy. I hate that place, and I now hate it even more.
    SMARTALYK likes this.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    this would be nice except I sent my original TP back due to the case cracking.. now I have a refurb and best buy likely will not take it back. the only thing i could hope for would be a price match.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidotij View Post
    as of right now Best Buy says that are not participating
    They are. Extended return policy to 60 days. Just ask for the manager if the rep says no.
    I just went out to Costco this morning and picked one up for full price. I figure I'm safe with Costco's excellent return policy, but I'm hoping they'll get the memo from HP soon and refund me the difference... hopefully I get get this guy for $150!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    They are. Extended return policy to 60 days. Just ask for the manager if the rep says no.
    I think what he means is they're not offering a price match for the difference. They're just extending the return policy on them.
    Sprint Love
    ha! Staples customer service has a intro recording about the touchpad being oos, and explaining that while retail stores may be unaware of price match, staples is in fact price matching (for 14 days from purchase date)...
    SMARTALYK likes this.
    **sigh** guess my ebay purchased Touchpad wasn't such a great move. Guess that's life. Still wish I had gotten a second TP or Pre 2 during the fire sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I think what he means is they're not offering a price match for the difference. They're just extending the return policy on them.
    that is correct... the phone rep says I can return it without the box and upc but they are not offering any price match
    I really hope they do price match or else I'm not going to be a very happy person. And I'm already grumpy.
    Sprint Love
    Spoke to Newegg; the CSR totally understood but he said that they still have them at the $100 off price, and are negotiating with HP for an early adopter price adjustment.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Uggghhhh Best Buy W7F? I'm tempted to get my money back from BB and then try to snatch up one of the $149 ones, but it would be so much easier if BB would just give me the price match...
    Yeh - Best Buy should just do a price match.
    UPDATE (staples): cancelled my return (originally processed by telephone on 8/17/2011), and I am receiving a price match credit (as per rep, credit will show up on my account within 2 to 3 business days)...my in-store order was placed on 8/05/2011.

thus, it appears that they're honoring the price match for at least 15 days (note: it remains to be seen whether a price match credit actually materializes).

if this all pans out, I'll have a 16gb tp from staples at the fire sale price, and a 2nd 16gb tp from the actual fire sale for my brother-in-law...nice!

p.s., the rep seemed a little "preoccupied" during our conversation (read: frantic/frustrated).
    So because I bought at bestbuy my only option is to return my TP and might be able to buy another one fore $150? I'd be fine with a price match at this point. I'm just so sickened with this whole situation. Not even so much the TP, but I was really riding on the Pre3. The only problem is I don't want to dump webos because I love it so much.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    I wonder if you order off Amazon today, they will refund the difference.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    So early adopters who purchased from Staples are out of luck?

Oh wait, I bought mine at OfficeDepot...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    @ mize: call and find out...have your order number ready, and prepare to hold for 15 mins.
    If HP is willing to refund the Best Buy Touchpads down to the firesale price I will keep mine. Right now I'm stuck with it anyway because Best Buy won't take the refurbished one, but any money back will help. My wife wanted me to buy her a 16gb one at the $99 price point, but they are all sold out.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast