Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Like Tree11Likes
    oh god! I bought mine at Best buy 5th ave NY. But I'm from Ecuador, South America! I went there as a tourist for 2 weeks, I think I won't be able to get my price match :'(
    I'm still waiting for my refund from Best Buy. Bought the Touch Pad for $400 on bestbuy.com, picked it up Sunday afternoon and was told on 1-800-BESTBUY that it could take up to 7 days for a refund. Sucks having a $400 hold on your account. Hopefully I get my money back SOON!
    Just price matched a touchpad I bought launch day at bestbuy. No problem.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I just got a price match on the Staples store in Cupertino! The managers at Santa Clara and Campbell were not being cooperative, so when I called Cupertino and they said that they would do a price match I went running. The manager reproched me that I didn't buy the TouchPad at that store, but I just played dumb and no problem!
    So yeah, for now it's up to the managers. Find yourself a nice one and you might get lucky!
    Quote Originally Posted by pshah View Post
    anybody have luck with Costco refunding the difference.
    no luck yet, I tried last night and was told no price match my only option was to return it. I'm going to wait it out to see if my order from HP comes through.
    If anyone has any OFFICIAL documents from HP regarding the memo to ALL RETAILERS...would you please copy and post that here in this thread? I am still having trouble with Future Shop(Canada), and spent a few hours getting the runaround at HP today (call this number, call this number, call this number (hey isn't that the first number I called?) etc.

I'd appreciate it thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    If anyone has any OFFICIAL documents from HP regarding the memo to ALL RETAILERS...would you please copy and post that here in this thread? I am still having trouble with Future Shop(Canada), and spent a few hours getting the runaround at HP today (call this number, call this number, call this number (hey isn't that the first number I called?) etc.

I'd appreciate it thanks.
    What he said
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I just got an email from Newegg. They're matching the matching the firesale sale price now.
    They'll credit the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    I've tried several times with Amazon now after reading success stories here, and I'm still waiting on a supervisor to get back to me with approval. =(
    Mee too! I even CRIED (for real) not boo hoo just a wimper. I told him all this back and forth is emotional, pre ordered and LOVE my TP I have a skin and a screen protector that I paid 40 bucks for, why do I have to return it?!? He said they cant do the price difference. UGH! He said if anything changed he would email me. sounds promising, but I havent heard from him yet............
    After requesting that Amazon credit me down to the 149.99 price on the TouchPad (didn't say Price Match), once by email, twice by phone and being refused as it is "not our policy, can only return for refund" I agreed to return but only everything that was included with my order, keyboard, case, chargers, etc. for the touchpad they agreed to refund $834 for everything, sent me a return slip (to print) and immediately began to credit my account line by line, email by email.

Giving it some thought I said to myself, wait a minute, I want this TouchPad and I paid HP about $300 bucks for an everything 3 year warranty plus a bunch of paid apps and the thing works great. So sent another email telling them to stop the process and went to their satisfaction survey, gave bad marks (0s) and long rant about the unfainess of it all.

Sent it and was offered one last call to try to "help Me". So I took it and the very nice customer service person again told me she was really sorry. I said about the same things as my rant and she repented and gave me my full rebate ($457.63 including some shipping) allowing me to keep my TouchPad and other things. This was confirmed in and email instantly.

Here is my rant:

"Customer service persons speak with almost unintelligble accents making it virtually impossible to communicate.
    Customer service persons can only follow their scripted responses.
    Amazon's policy has no bearing on this issue as it is an extremely unusual event of the manufacturer attempting to rectify an unprecedented discontinuance and devaluation on a product less than 51 days after first releasing it and then trying to reimburse the end users for this disservice.
    You are not passing a money discount owed to me by HP and Amazon because of some interpretation of your "POLICIES" which can't possibly account for this situation where HP has mandated a suggested retail price ($600) that you charged to me and then HP determined that they had overcharged ALL of the customers for the TouchPad by varying amounts up to as much as $450 (as in my case) on an item they really intended to sell for only $150. It is unconscionably for Amazon to not listen to reason and follow through in an fair and honest manner to insure that this price reduction/rebate/refund be accomplished in a quick and efficient way.
    In this case you should have initiated refunds for each and every person, for each and every TouchPad that has been sold by you. Work any extra costs to you out with HP, your supplier.
    We are your customers. What are you thinking?
    "

I don't know what worked but it did? So have heart, keep trying till you perservere! Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson2ec View Post
    oh god! I bought mine at Best buy 5th ave NY. But I'm from Ecuador, South America! I went there as a tourist for 2 weeks, I think I won't be able to get my price match :'(
    Same here, but living in The Netherlands. There must be a way to get our pricematch!
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimE57 View Post
    After requesting that Amazon credit me down to the 149.99 price on the TouchPad (didn't say Price Match), once by email, twice by phone and being refused as it is "not our policy, can only return for refund" I agreed to return but only everything that was included with my order, keyboard, case, chargers, etc. for the touchpad they agreed to refund $834 for everything, sent me a return slip (to print) and immediately began to credit my account line by line, email by email.

Giving it some thought I said to myself, wait a minute, I want this TouchPad and I paid HP about $300 bucks for an everything 3 year warranty plus a bunch of paid apps and the thing works great. So sent another email telling them to stop the process and went to their satisfaction survey, gave bad marks (0s) and long rant about the unfainess of it all.

Sent it and was offered one last call to try to "help Me". So I took it and the very nice customer service person again told me she was really sorry. I said about the same things as my rant and she repented and gave me my full rebate ($457.63 including some shipping) allowing me to keep my TouchPad and other things. This was confirmed in and email instantly.

Here is my rant:

"Customer service persons speak with almost unintelligble accents making it virtually impossible to communicate.
    Customer service persons can only follow their scripted responses.
    Amazon's policy has no bearing on this issue as it is an extremely unusual event of the manufacturer attempting to rectify an unprecedented discontinuance and devaluation on a product less than 51 days after first releasing it and then trying to reimburse the end users for this disservice.
    You are not passing a money discount owed to me by HP and Amazon because of some interpretation of your "POLICIES" which can't possibly account for this situation where HP has mandated a suggested retail price ($600) that you charged to me and then HP determined that they had overcharged ALL of the customers for the TouchPad by varying amounts up to as much as $450 (as in my case) on an item they really intended to sell for only $150. It is unconscionably for Amazon to not listen to reason and follow through in an fair and honest manner to insure that this price reduction/rebate/refund be accomplished in a quick and efficient way.
    In this case you should have initiated refunds for each and every person, for each and every TouchPad that has been sold by you. Work any extra costs to you out with HP, your supplier.
    We are your customers. What are you thinking?
    "

I don't know what worked but it did? So have heart, keep trying till you perservere! Good Luck!
    I've had no less than 10 emails/chats/phone calls with amazon and they refuse to budge. So do I. Not giving up. I spent money on apps i can use, got screwed by onSale, I Want my damn price match.
    Just an update from me. I bought mine 15 July, Launch day in Canada at Future Shop. I got my price match difference, they handed me $404.xx in cash. This was at the Sunridge location in Calgary. I was in the store yesterday for a good hour, and I'm pretty sure they finally got some sort of official word while I was in there, as they weren't real sure about it at first.

I didn't see any official paperwork or anything of the sort, but the manager I dealt with said I could pass on his and his supervisors names. Ask to speak to Greg or Carmen and they will help you. Providing of course you bought at a Future Shop, but for any others in the rest of Canada, give them this information and get them to phone that store, if they are still giving grief.

As for the rest of you, I hope that you get yours soon.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678