Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by noelrunkle View Post
    1800Staples confirmed that they can't do anything once it is outside of the 14 day window. She mentioned that since I bought in store, I would have to go to the store, but they probably wouldn't do anything because I'm 16 days past. Maybe I'll go down in person, or maybe just give up. But $250 would be pretty great.
    I guess it's up to the local store management. I didn't even bother with Staples corporate. I called the store first, took in my receipt, and got the price match. They didn't even look at the date on my receipt. I originally bought the TP on 8/5.
    I guess it's worth a shot. I'm off to hop around some local stores. yay...
    Office Depot matched it for me. The manager was going on and on about how he needed the TP in front of him to do the PM (which was a really weird request for a PM) but he finally realized he was bein ridiculous since he sold it to me - and remembered that he did after I reminded him - and then it was easy money.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I'll go again to the stores today, hopefully the manager will be nicer today?
    I talk to someone using the palm chat said that they were not refunding touchpads purchased before the price drop. I just wish Staples would do the same as best buy. I don't think I'll be an early adopter again.
    Office depot told me they only price match 30 days back... HP support said the same thing about office depot... What should I do? Got mine on launchday
    Dear Friends,

I thought I'd pass along. I called my local Office Depot (DC metro area) and they told me that just this AM (Sunday) they have received a fax from corporate (at the managers office) stating that they should issue full refunds for all TP's regardless of purchase date as long as they have the original Office Depot receipt.

True to their word I took my TP which I purchased mid July and issued a full credit card refund.

In a sad twist of fate while they were processing my TP refund at least 3 people called the store to see if they had any of the $99 TP's in stock (they were out).

It was really bittersweet but I did end up buying a Honeycomb android tablet which I really enjoy.

So I guess this is my first and last post to my Precentral friends. I wish you the best... but for those looking to return their TP's to OD go now. If they refuse have them look for a fax in the manager's office re: the refund.

Good luck!
    Success. A super friendly staples manager pushed it through because he said "it was the right thing to do". Just a quick return and repurchase. Awesome.
    I've tried several times with Amazon now after reading success stories here, and I'm still waiting on a supervisor to get back to me with approval. =(
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noelrunkle View Post
    Success. A super friendly staples manager pushed it through because he said "it was the right thing to do". Just a quick return and repurchase. Awesome.
    What store was that?
    Staples Lakewood in Denver.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Just talked to the manager of the store in Staples at Campbell, California. He said they don't have any policy regarding price match outside the 14 days policy, but he's going to email headquarters to find out if there's anything else going on. Got his card and told me to call on Monday...
    Not looking good, but not giving up!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Staples success story for me... I got mine on 8/5 via the website - and they are giving me the price difference. Called the 800 number, waited about 15 minutes, played somewhat dumb about the date and was told I get the credit.

Waiting for it to show on my credit card to be sure - but sounds good!

I am very happy with a $99 tablet... hope all of you developers out there don't fully abandon us!

And I think HP is insane. Very poorly handled series of events. Yes IBM successfully got out the Laptop mark by selling (?) to Lenovo - but I think HP gets a lot of visibility and credibility by playing in the PC / tablet spaces. Oh, well.... I am sure they know what they are doing (not.)
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsnyc View Post
    Staples success story for me... I got mine on 8/5 via the website - and they are giving me the price difference. Called the 800 number, waited about 15 minutes, played somewhat dumb about the date and was told I get the credit.

Waiting for it to show on my credit card to be sure - but sounds good!

I am very happy with a $99 tablet... hope all of you developers out there don't fully abandon us!

And I think HP is insane. Very poorly handled series of events. Yes IBM successfully got out the Laptop mark by selling (?) to Lenovo - but I think HP gets a lot of visibility and credibility by playing in the PC / tablet spaces. Oh, well.... I am sure they know what they are doing (not.)
    Happy for you, but I'm so frustrated! They still won't give me a price match!
    I don't think I will be going back to Staples anytime soon...
    anybody have luck with Costco refunding the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by koramchad View Post
    Happy for you, but I'm so frustrated! They still won't give me a price match!
    I don't think I will be going back to Staples anytime soon...
    Same here. Someone just said that Amazon just officially changed their policy on returns/price matches for the TP so hopefully Staples will also get the message soon. Though even if they do end up giving price matches, I will never shop there again for anything but printer ink.
    having bought my tp on ebay, I'm now completely left out and 1) I have no warranty support from hp and 2) I can't get money difference back from my reseller.

I'm completeley f******* up here!
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    having bought my tp on ebay, I'm now completely left out and 1) I have no warranty support from hp and 2) I can't get money difference back from my reseller.

I'm completeley f******* up here!
    1.) I would try seeing of you can get some warranty support from Squaretrade. I haven't purchased a warranty from them, but they do have warranties for ebay purchases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Law00 View Post
    Has anyone that purchased from the HP store, through the EPP, on 7/1 received a price match or refund?
    Just got my email confirming price match rebate. Tried the live chat first and they've got nothing. They gave me a number to call their "Resolutions Team at 1-866-217-6014 between 7:00 AM - 2:00 AM EST, seven days a week" who is apparently the only group empowered to deal with this (sucks to be them). BUT don't even bother with this number as it's got an 'experiencing technical difficulties' recording that's been on all weekend.

In the end, I called the number on their shopping site (1 (888) 999-4747), explained what I was after to the first guy who warm transferred me to the Resolution Team. No fuss, no hassle and now its done.

For everyone still dealing with this: the poor saps picking up these calls probably aren't having too much fun so go easy on whoever you get unless they're giving you attitude. This is entirely a clusterf**k by the dumb-***** at the top leaving the rest to clean up after their stupidity.

Boy - isn't THAT a re-usable statement for any occasion in this day and age?
    BestBuy is finally going to offer Price Matching for TouchPads in Credit!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computer...at250800050019

I Plan on heading over this afternoon before they can change their mind. I'll reply with how it went.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast