Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    So far no luck with Future Shop where I bought mine. They told me if I bought within the last 14 days I could get a price match. I will wait a few days, as it said in the article they might not have gotten the memo yet. Disappointed I couldn't get another TouchPad for the fire sale price, but meh....hopefully something comes around in the next week and if not oh well.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFan View Post
    Yes. Bought it on 8/5 and got the price match this evening. I figured they didn't count the day of purchase as day one.
    Called back to the store where I bought it. Thry keep saying that since I'm out of the 14 days, there's nothing they can do.
    Anyone knows what else can I do? They all seem to wash their hands with this...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    I have had no luck with the stores. I'm on hold with the 1800Staples number right now. I figure it's worth a try.

I bought on 8/5.
    Amazon is doing nothing about this for purchases before 8/12 except allowing full return. If anyone has any luck with them, please post it here.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Bought my 16GB at Office Depot 13 days ago with Staples $100 off coupon for $300. Went back this evening, and they matched their new current price - 130. So, I got $170 credit back on CC. Not all the way to $99, but I'll take it!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    I just got off the phone with Staples and they told me they are honoring the price match for 14 days from NOW not 14 days from the date of purchase. She told me to go back to the store and it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm totally skeptical. But I hope it's the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by noelrunkle View Post
    I just got off the phone with Staples and they told me they are honoring the price match for 14 days from NOW not 14 days from the date of purchase. She told me to go back to the store and it shouldn't be a problem.

There must be some truth to it since I bought mine on the 5th, and they didn't hesitate to give me the price match earlier this evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew.rosenfelder View Post
    Was this intended as a joke?
    Yes I'm glad someone got the sarcasm there. Though I think they HP isn't really losing THAT much money on this (in the bigger picture)
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFan View Post
    There must be some truth to it since I bought mine on the 5th, and they didn't hesitate to give me the price match earlier this evening.
    Im going back tomorrow with this information. They can't just have different policies in each store!
    Getting tired of all this...

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

That's from a customer service representative? Now being saturday 20th? I'm going tomorrow to the store with this information, they better give me a price match!

I e-mailed Woot. here's hoping.
    If you were a retailer would you grant HP their wish to no longer sell HP computers...at least in your stores?
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/20/2011 at 09:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayallenlee87 View Post
    Please let me know what Newegg says cause I'm in the same boat. I am about to email them myself to be honest.
    Ditto with me. If it wasn't for Newegg not being open on weekends I would be furiously arguing myself a refund at this very moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    ha! Staples customer service has a intro recording about the touchpad being oos, and explaining that while retail stores may be unaware of price match, staples is in fact price matching (for 14 days from purchase date)...
    Staples refunded the difference to me today. I was within the 14-day return period, though.

Actually they refunded the amount I paid and made a new purchase at the fire sale price. That gives me another 14 days.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Congrats to all those who held firm and got rewarded with the price match by HP. I ran out and sold my TP on Thursday when the news first came out. I was out of touch most of the last couple of days and missed the original firesale, but got lucky with the late day change of policy at Best Buy and picked up 2. So now I'm back in, but I've got to reconfigure everything and re-sync, etc. As you can expect, the servers are busy and I can't get the 3.0.2 update. I'm excited to be back on board - I was really missing my TP.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Has anyone that purchased from the HP store, through the EPP, on 7/1 received a price match or refund?
    I just got off the phone with my local Staples. They called up the district manager who told him they are only price matching purchases in the 14 day return window. ****.

So now I'm on hold with 1800Staples to see if there is anything they can do. But I'm thinking I'm just kind of screwed. Any ideas?

Update: Talked with 1800Staples. Turns out I am screwed. Only matching on orders in the 14 day window.
    Last edited by noelrunkle; 08/21/2011 at 11:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with my local Staples. They called up the district manager who told him they are only price matching purchases in the 14 day return window. ****.

So now I'm on hold with 1800Staples to see if there is anything they can do. But I'm thinking I'm just kind of screwed. Any ideas?
    Maybe mention how some users are getting a price match? Please give us an update with whatever they tell you on the 800!

SmittyD likes this.
    1800Staples confirmed that they can't do anything once it is outside of the 14 day window. She mentioned that since I bought in store, I would have to go to the store, but they probably wouldn't do anything because I'm 16 days past. Maybe I'll go down in person, or maybe just give up. But $250 would be pretty great.
    Best Buy refunded the difference with no problem.
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast