Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    So Best Buy will honor the $100 price for a 16 gb?

I purchased mine on 7/1 for the full $500.
    Quote Originally Posted by StompAWOT View Post
    I told myself the same thing when they wouldn't give me my price match request at the beginning of the month...but I'm telling you, it's hard. I'm so used to buying from Amazon, and truth be told they generally do have the best prices, fast shipping, and good service. We have the option to return (it appears), and I may do that if I can find one of the return units one of these days....but a part of me may just suck it up, keep it, and chalk it up to being an early adopter.
    yeah, between hectic stuff at work, the HP announcement, and now Amazon not honoring the firesale refund, it's enough to make me an alcoholic.
    it's a nice gesture for most TP buyers but i am returning. no more HP product for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidotij View Post
    true.. the CSR on the phone was able to look mine up, BUT she did say that I'd need the receipt, the touchpad, the charger and cable

but not the box
    I would try anyways. I would log into Reward Zone online and click on Points and Purchases.

Then click on the specific transaction. There will be an option to view the reciept. View and then print the receipt (it's not formatted like the store receipt, but the info is there).

Then I'd go into the store and try first without the receipt and then tell them you have the print-out from the website. If they still can't help you ask to speak with a manager. Ask her (or him) to make this work.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiloechonovember78 View Post
    So Best Buy will honor the $100 price for a 16 gb?

I purchased mine on 7/1 for the full $500.
    No. They will give you $100 back since thy had discounted it, before they stopped selling it, by $100.
    Bought my 32GB TouchPad on 8/5/11 from Staples. Just got back from getting my price match with no problems at all. $156.45 beats the hell out of $419.99!
    Has anyone tried to get a price match from QVC yet? That's where I bought mine. I'd like to keep it but not for the price I paid.
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    No. They will give you $100 back since thy had discounted it, before they stopped selling it, by $100.
    Ahh ok. I guess I'll be taking mine back even though I like the TouchPad. A $500 refund is still $500.
    Last edited by kiloechonovember78; 08/20/2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Grammar fail
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    duplicate...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFan View Post
    Bought my 32GB TouchPad on 8/5/11 from Staples. Just got back from getting my price match with no problems at all. $156.45 beats the hell out of $419.99!
    Im in the same situation! I bought mine on 8/15. What staples did yougo to? I just went to two stores and called three others and they all said that since today was the 15th day after purchasing it, there was nothing they could do for me...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Manassas, VA. Called the store first, and they verified that they had gotten the price match notice. When I got there they told me that another person had been in earlier for the price match also.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Manassas, VA. Called the store first, and they verified that they had gotten the price match notice. When I got there they told me that another person had been in earlier for the price match also.
    Just called the store in Santa Clara, CA. They haven't heard anything about the price match. Guess I will wait until next week to see if they get a memo or something...
    Thanks for your help!

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I got mine at Office Depot on Sunday the 7th, Staples was out but OD honored the $100 coupon. I was almost going to return it for store credit, but I asked if they were doing price adjustments and they were, so I did that and picked up a touchstone. Still want to find a couple others cheap, but I'm fine having bought the one at full price cause the folks at OD have been great thru all this.

I might have been tempted to buy another, but by the time I git there about noon, fhey were all sold out. They didn't know about the price change unroll they opened up and had a line of people waiting to buy. They also had a lot more pick-tickets from online orders then they usually have for all orders, let alone one product. Didn't think to ask how many they actually sold today, but he said a number of people bought more than one.

part of me is starting to wonder if this all isn't part of some weird marketing plan.
    Zoomer > Handspring Deluxe > Treo 90 > Zire71 > LifeDrive > Centro > Pre (yes, still!)
    TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Also it will be just like any device that is cancelled post-production (think Palm Foleo, etc.). The Foleo certainly wasn't the death of Palm.
    Was this intended as a joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by koramchad View Post
    Just called the store in Santa Clara, CA. They haven't heard anything about the price match. Guess I will wait until next week to see if they get a memo or something...
    Thanks for your help!

By the way, the new prices were already in their system when I got there around 7:00 PM. Good luck.
    it doesn't look good for anyone who was an early adopter from a retailer... >
    I could be stupid but I got a 600 buck launch day on from Wal-Mart. I think there will be updates on current units and other WebOS tablets in the future (just not HP ones). I am keeping mind. I got it patched just right and I like mine.

ET
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    By the way, the new prices were already in their system when I got there around 7:00 PM. Good luck.
    Just to confirm. You did this on the 15th day after purchasing your TouchPad on a Staples store, right?

Quote Originally Posted by koramchad View Post
    Just to confirm. You did this on the 15th day after purchasing your TouchPad on a Staples store, right?

Yes. Bought it on 8/5 and got the price match this evening. I figured they didn't count the day of purchase as day one.
    anyone talk to QVC yet? i printed a return label yesterday and will return it for a full refund -8.95 for shipping ( i got one from the fire sale for 149) if QVC honors the price cut i will keep both and my daughter will be very happy.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast