Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Amazon was very gracious with giving me a full refund on my TouchPad and case. After hearing about possible price matching today, I called Amazon back and asked before I brought mine to the UPS Store to ship back to Amazon. Amazon said they could not price match, but will still fully refund my purchase. All stores in Minneapolis are sold out our won't sell. So I guess I'll wait and see about getting another one someday. I do miss my TouchPad.
    This was my luck with Amazon. I won't be buying electronics from them anytime in the future.
    You are now connected to Ade from Amazon.com.
    Me:HP is supposed to be crediting all TouchPad owners the difference of the original purchase price to their current "firesale" prices. (see BREAKING: HP Crediting Fire-Sale Difference to Current TouchPad Owners | Featured, News |webOSroundup ) When will this credit be applied for my TouchPad purchased via Amazon?
    Ade:Hello, my name is Ade. I'll be happy to assist you.
    I understand you want to know when you will be credited the price difference on the HP Touchpad. Please bear with me for a few moments while I pull up your information.
    Thank you for waiting. I see this order was placed back on June 19, 2011. In this case what we can do is have you return the item for a refund, but we would not be able to match the price seeing as with the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do spend considerable effort to ensure our prices are the lowest in the marketplace at any time. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.
    Meid you read the link? The retailers are supposed to refund the difference (in this case 599 to 149). I like my TouchPad and don't want to return it. It is out of stock everywhere that I've checked.
    Ade:I understand your concern however Amazon.com does not comment about rumors or speculative news reports. However, I can assure you that we have not announced any dealings with HP. I'm sorry I can't provide any additional information.
    Me:It is not a rumor. I've called HP and they said to contact the retailer - Amazon!
    Ade:Like it is stated on the link, not all retailers have been confirmed to honor this price difference. Amazon is not one of the included retailers. We are not offering this price match.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    I wonder if frys will do the same. But at least for me as a developer I can write off the touchpad's cost.
    Damn I am dumb, hadn't thought of that... maybe I complete a project to write my stuff off as well.

Now where is my Pre3 before end of the tax year???
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    This was my luck with Amazon. I won't be buying electronics from them anytime in the future.
    I told myself the same thing when they wouldn't give me my price match request at the beginning of the month...but I'm telling you, it's hard. I'm so used to buying from Amazon, and truth be told they generally do have the best prices, fast shipping, and good service. We have the option to return (it appears), and I may do that if I can find one of the return units one of these days....but a part of me may just suck it up, keep it, and chalk it up to being an early adopter.
    So for sure Best Buy isn't price matching? I'd like to keep mine if I can get a price match (bought July 1). If I can't get a match I may return.

I don't know what to do! If I new for sure the software was going to be supported I'd keep it w/o the match but $500+ with no further updates seems foolish if I can get a full refund and buy something I know is supported (iPad ).
    Never mind... I can't find my receipt anyhow! I'm screwed!
    Quote Originally Posted by simseysyd View Post
    Wow Staples has a whole voicemail message about refunding the difference of the Touchpad. Yet since I bought it in July. I get nothing. I hope HP does something about the ones being refused for the difference refund.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I bought my TP at Staples in July, too. I'm hoping they'll come through and match the price. Honestly, if they do they'll get that money from me. I need a bluetooth keyboard and some printer toner and I'm sure I could find some other stuff up there if they do the right thing.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    But what about the refund to the $149.99 price? The customer service rep that I talked to said they weren't going to do it.
    I don't know for sure of course since I didn't purchase from them, but I'm guessing the third-party seller would be the responsible party for doing the refund. You'd have to go to that seller's contact info and call them. Amazon won't do any more refunds because they aren't selling them anymore.
    Will Best Buy take it back without receipt? I'm thinking I sent it in with my early adopter upc rebate form.
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    Will Best Buy take it back without receipt? I'm thinking I sent it in with my early adopter upc rebate form.
    You sent in your only copy?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEye View Post
    I purchased my 32gb TP from WalMart on 7/1. I wonder if they will price match it?
    i just called now and currently, they aren't. I gave the manager my number and he said he'd call me in the next few days if he hears any news.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    You sent in your only copy?
    I think so... I know. I'm an *****.

At the time I was just so jacked about this awesome tablet that I wasn't thinking straight. Now I feel sick.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    for amazon i returned the touchpad and hopefully will get a full refund in a week. I managed to snag one off of sams club for 150 for 32 gig and will also buy an ipad with the refund. unfortunately it sucks amazon wasnt able to do a price match
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    i just called now and currently, they aren't. I gave the manager my number and he said he'd call me in the next few days if he hears any news.
    "In coming months!"

I bought from Walmart, too. My wife is hopping mad right now. I figure I'll wait a couple days to see what happens to others.
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    I think they can look up the sale if you purchased it with a Reward Zone account.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Amazon refunded $300 for my 16GB TP purchased from them earlier today, even after the order had already shipped. My TP was sold by Amazon, not one of the other retailers they list, which I'm pretty sure is a requirement for you to get the refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    I think they can look up the sale if you purchased it with a Reward Zone account.
    true.. the CSR on the phone was able to look mine up, BUT she did say that I'd need the receipt, the touchpad, the charger and cable

but not the box
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohaste View Post
    Amazon refunded $300 for my 16GB TP purchased from them earlier today, even after the order had already shipped. My TP was sold by Amazon, not one of the other retailers they list, which I'm pretty sure is a requirement for you to get the refund.
    You ordered it today and you got a refund? Did you contact them to get it?
    Just curious cause i ordered a 32gb when they were still available from Amazon before they took them off the site in hopes of them offering the refund, otherwise i will probably return in.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcturos View Post
    You ordered it today and you got a refund? Did you contact them to get it?
    Just curious cause i ordered a 32gb when they were still available from Amazon before they took them off the site in hopes of them offering the refund, otherwise i will probably return in.
    Yep, ordered at around noon central, got the shipping conformation email at 12:57. I contacted support through the chat about an hour ago and got the refund through that. It's already listed on my TP invoice, though I have yet to get an email confirmation.

I just told them what I ordered, that HP had cut the price to $99, and I read Amazon was refunding the difference.
    Last edited by zerohaste; 08/20/2011 at 06:28 PM.
    Never mind (again). I'm keeping it.

Talked to Best Buy. Sounds like they will match the $100 price drop. And they confirmed software will be supported. I'm back off the cliff.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast