Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toy4x4 View Post
    On with HP.com now. Purchased mine through the EPP on 7/2. He went off to talk with his supervisor.

Fingers crossed.
    BAM! $350 credit!
    SMARTALYK likes this.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    BAM! $350 credit!
    So are they mailing you a check or crediting you CC?
    Anyone who bought theirs from Staples in July have any luck? I hope they will refund me the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think the retail chains are going to be so mad at HP for this goat Romeo that they will reconsider selling their printers. Good job, Leo.

ps, I really like my Kodak printer.
    I agree with you.

I don't blame HP for doing what they did: you do what you need to do to stay viable, and I won't pretend to know their constraints. At the end of the day, companies OR consumers don't owe each other anything.

But I gotta think they have soured some long standing retail relationships with how this all went down.
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    So are they mailing you a check or crediting you CC?
    Crediting CC
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Crediting CC
    Interesting... Did you just call them 800 number on the HP website? I'm probably going to wait and see how the BB return polciy plays out, but nice to know there's an option...
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Hmm. Amazon doesn't seem to want to lower the price. Hope I can get a discount through HP if Amazon refuses...
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    I agree with you.

I don't blame HP for doing what they did: you do what you need to do to stay viable, and I won't pretend to know their constraints. At the end of the day, companies OR consumers don't owe each other anything.

But I gotta think they have soured some long standing retail relationships with how this all went down.

unless it's for a new reality series called 'retail bedlam: how to wreck a brand and create chaos simultaneously at America's biggest technology retail chains'

or perhaps

'economic stimulus by causing thousands of hours of unnecessary overtime to process returns and price matches that will generate shipping and processing jobs during a recession'.
    SMARTALYK likes this.
    I just got off the phone with HP, and should be getting a price match credited to my card.
    I received the TP on Weds, heard the news on Thurs, got an RMA and shipping label yesterday.

I was planning on Fed-Exing it back today, but figured I would call HP first. I was on hold for 30 minutes, but getting the price-match was straightforward.

I was going to give the TP to my wife for her birthday. She's a WebOS fan, but now wants an iPad instead (and I don't blame her). But now I get to keep the TP for myself!
    Palm Pilot Pro > Handspring Visorphone > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > Pre Plus > Droid Pro & Touchpad
    hope so because I just paid full price for a 32GB TP yesterday & I can't get through to ask for my credit. I'll give it a couple of days for the dust to settle to call back.

Go figure I wasn't even in the market for a tablet but happy I got one now for a great price ! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post

What do they care? They're getting out of the retail business!
    Palm Pilot Pro > Handspring Visorphone > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > Pre Plus > Droid Pro & Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Interesting... Did you just call them 800 number on the HP website? I'm probably going to wait and see how the BB return polciy plays out, but nice to know there's an option...

Yes, called the 888 number at the top of the Home Store. Hit 3 to talk to a rep.

I did buy mine through the Home Store though
    Quote Originally Posted by simseysyd View Post
    Anyone who bought theirs from Staples in July have any luck? I hope they will refund me the difference.
    Wow Staples has a whole voicemail message about refunding the difference of the Touchpad. Yet since I bought it in July. I get nothing. I hope HP does something about the ones being refused for the difference refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    UPDATE (staples): cancelled my return (originally processed by telephone on 8/17/2011), and I am receiving a price match credit (as per rep, credit will show up on my account within 2 to 3 business days)...my in-store order was placed on 8/05/2011.

thus, it appears that they're honoring the price match for at least 15 days (note: it remains to be seen whether a price match credit actually materializes).

if this all pans out, I'll have a 16gb tp from staples at the fire sale price, and a 2nd 16gb tp from the actual fire sale for my brother-in-law...nice!

p.s., the rep seemed a little "preoccupied" during our conversation (read: frantic/frustrated).
    Guess I should have called the corp phone #. I went to the local store today and they would not price match it down to $149. I bought mine of 8/5 too. They let me return it though, which I did and got a full refund on.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with Staples and they said there will be a refund of $200 for the 16GB I bought in the store on 8/5 (it was tax-free weekend here) by Tuesday. She said it's been crazy the number of calls they are getting. She was very nice, just a little unorganized. :-)

She didn't even have all the facts. I gave her my order number and she said "is that the $149 one?" I told her it was the $99. Then I had to tell her I only paid $299.99 because one of the coupons didn't even show up on the official order sheet in spite of the fact that my CC was only charged $299.99. The order in front of her said $399.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohaste View Post
    Hmm. Amazon doesn't seem to want to lower the price. Hope I can get a discount through HP if Amazon refuses...
    I just called them too. They must not have gotten the memo.

What's the phone number to call HP to inquire about this?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    I just called them too. They must not have gotten the memo.

What's the phone number to call HP to inquire about this?
    Amazon did lower the price. They did it last night. I was watching it and debating buying one when they sold out. :-) I don't think they even made it to 11p.m. EST before selling out at the lowered price. When they sold out, only their third-party sellers had them in stock and *they* are not lowering their price.
    But what about the refund to the $149.99 price? The customer service rep that I talked to said they weren't going to do it.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I wonder if frys will do the same. But at least for me as a developer I can write off the touchpad's cost.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by simseysyd View Post
    I bought mine at Staples August 5th. I got the "price match" right now, my cc got credited. She told me repeatedly that I was lucky because it was within the 14 days of return/exchange policy at Staples.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast