Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    So because I bought at bestbuy my only option is to return my TP and might be able to buy another one fore $150? I'd be fine with a price match at this point. I'm just so sickened with this whole situation. Not even so much the TP, but I was really riding on the Pre3. The only problem is I don't want to dump webos because I love it so much.
    ^^^This. I'm in the same boat...
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I guess a 60 day return policy for the touchpad gives me time to sit back see how this unfolds. I'm not going to do anything until this plays out some more... <grabs popcorn>
    jcerwinske likes this.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=mechanicboy;3078422]So because I bought at bestbuy my only option is to return my TP and might be able to buy another one fore $150? I'd be fine with a price match at this point. I'm just so sickened with this whole situation. Not even so much the TP, but I was really riding on the Pre3. The only problem is I don't want to dump webos because I love it so much.[/QUOTE+1
    What if you didn't buy from an authorized reseller? I foolishly bought from a site called digitaletc.com. I had no issues getting my touchpad and it's been awesome but I think I might have trouble convincing them that they should refund me $400.

Any advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    I guess a 60 day return policy for the touchpad gives me time to sit back see how this unfolds. I'm not going to do anything until this plays out some more... <grabs popcorn>
    Much more confident about waiting then me. I'm doing a full erase as I type and getting ready to take it back to Best Buy. I just don't trust anyone at this point to stick to their word. Maybe that 60 day return policy language disappears off the website in a day or two.
    SMARTALYK likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    Spoke to Newegg; the CSR totally understood but he said that they still have them at the $100 off price, and are negotiating with HP for an early adopter price adjustment.
    Please let me know what Newegg says cause I'm in the same boat. I am about to email them myself to be honest.
    I purchased my 32gb TP from WalMart on 7/1. I wonder if they will price match it?
    I purchased mine direct from HP. They just credited me back the difference! so that makes by 32GB $150.
    SMARTALYK likes this.
    Ok, So I have a launch day TP from BB (never to buy there again) which they won't pricematch. After a great deal of effort this morning I finally found what I'm sure is the last 32GB TP within 50 miles (just returned but like new). I would like to avoid migrating if possible as I know my first unit is good and already has the screen protector on.

Q1: BB already told me they would take back without box. Can I just return my staples TP plus receipt to BB? Do they try to confirm serial numbers in any way?

Q2: When I set up my new TP to my old HP/Palm Profile, will all my paid apps carry over?

Q3: Is my $50 early adopter app store credit attached to the TP or the profile? (E.g. Assuming apps move to new TP do I need to use or lose my credit before switching?

Q4: With BB's now 60 day return policy, should I expect to see my $50 Pre- rebate if I wait to the end of the period)

My popcorn is also cooking....
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    Much more confident about waiting then me. I'm doing a full erase as I type and getting ready to take it back to Best Buy. I just don't trust anyone at this point to stick to their word. Maybe that 60 day return policy language disappears off the website in a day or two.
    I would be doing the same if I could find a 32GB touchpad in my area for $150.
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Hmm... Guess I'm going to wait a few days to see if Best Buy will participate. I don't want to hassle with buying another one off eBay (for more than I want, but $400 less than what I originally paid for), when mine is in perfect condition.

Thanks for the link.

Edit: Knew I shouldn't have gone to Best Buy. I hate that place, and I now hate it even more.
    Yes, I will not buy another product from Best Buy. Those of us who were early adopters from other stores get refunds or credit, we get nothing. Thats ok, they will lose thousands from me not purchasing another cent from their stores.
    This might be something that eventually will lead to the fall of HP. They can't possibly be refunding everyone, retailers, distributors, delivery companies, parts suppliers, and end users,
    SMARTALYK likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    This might be something that eventually will lead to the fall of HP. They can't possibly be refunding everyone, retailers, distributors, delivery companies, parts suppliers, and end users,
    Eh, why not according to BGR it'll only cost them 100 million. That's not too much in HPs grand scheme of things.
    Also it will be just like any device that is cancelled post-production (think Palm Foleo, etc.). The Foleo certainly wasn't the death of Palm.
    On with HP.com now. Purchased mine through the EPP on 7/2. He went off to talk with his supervisor.

Fingers crossed.
    There total sales of webOS products was under 300 million according to the Earnings call, i dont think this will break the bank.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    I called 2 local Wal-Mart's and neither heard of the refund yet and wouldn't offer me price difference. Will check back tomorrow and monday
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I bought mine from HP Academy on 7/31, and called today and got my TouchPad price adjusted this morning ~11am without difficulty from the customer service rep in approx. 2 minutes (except for the 30 minute hold time to talk to one).
    Has anyone confirmed that they will match firesale prices? I got one the 32gb on 7/9 for 579, then they lowered to 479, and I got them to match refund me the $100. I can still return, but would love for them to match the $149 price.

I went to the Costco in Mettawa, IL hoping to pick up another, and as I walked up to the display, there was a guy putting the whole pallet on a forklift, telling me that they discontinued the Touchpad and were shipping back to HP.

Hope Costco matches the new prices, since TPs seem to be sold out everywhere else, including HP online.
    I think the retail chains are going to be so mad at HP for this goat rodeo that they will reconsider selling their printers. Good job, Leo.

ps, I really like my Kodak printer.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 08/20/2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: typo
    LCGuy likes this.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast