1.    #1  
    Hey all

I am new the WebOS world. I would like to know how to restore the touchpad like it was out of the box ( not just reset settings). I geuss i need something called webOS doctor?

i am downloading webos version 3.02 the same version as my touchpad

What do i do? Plug in the touch pad and launch webos doctor and follow instructions?

I have a mac with lion so does that webos doctor work for mac? i have a windows netbook to but its very slow...

as you can tell i am complete n00b to this...

thanks for your time in advance
    webOS Doctor works on a Mac, because it's a Java application. Just open it and follow the instructions.
  3.    #3  
    does the webOS doctor automatically download the latest software and then restore the touchpad?

or is the software version 3.0.2 already in that download?

i am just worried bc i want to have all my files for restore ready incase in the next few months there wont be any support and i have software problems... :-(
    This one file is all you need. There are different doctors for 3.0 and 3.0.2, so it does not automatically download the latest version.
    Support will continue as usual and the doctors will be available even long after webOS gets shut down completely, do not worry
    webOSnewbie --

Welcome to PreCentral. Are you trying to restore your TouchPad to factory default or are you trying to update your OS? There is more than one way to update to webOS 3.0.2.

The easiest way to update to ver 3.0.2 is to go Settings > System Updates. You will need to have wifi on in order to download the new file.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    webOSnewbie --

Welcome to PreCentral. Are you trying to restore your TouchPad to factory default or are you trying to update your OS? There is more than one way to update to webOS 3.0.2.

The easiest way to update to ver 3.0.2 is to go Settings > System Updates. You will need to have wifi on in order to download the new file.
    Hi i have already updated the touchpad to the latest software from the device itself.

I want to have the files ready for a restore just incase in the future if the device starts messing up. I would like to know how to do that. I need webOS doctor correct?

Also, how do i put .pdfs and mp3s on the device? Hook it up to the mac and search for the troichpad drive and drag and drop into "documents" or "music" i am assuming?

Thanks all!
    It is always good to keep a copy of the current version of the webOS doctor on your computer. It sounds like you have already download a copy. If you ever need it, just activate the file in your computer and follow the instructions. The startup process will ensure that you have the proper drivers installed. Then you follow the instructions about when and how to connect the TouchPad to your computer.

Yes, you can drag and drop the files from your computer to your TouchPad (documents, music and video). Once you connect the USB cable from TouchPad to computer, be sure to select the USB drive button. You will then see the TouchPad as a drive on your computer. Once you've competed your actions, be sure to eject the TouchPad from your computer as you would any other external drive.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    It is always good to keep a copy of the current version of the webOS doctor on your computer. It sounds like you have already download a copy. If you ever need it, just activate the file in your computer and follow the instructions. The startup process will ensure that you have the proper drivers installed. Then you follow the instructions about when and how to connect the TouchPad to your computer.

Yes, you can drag and drop the files from your computer to your TouchPad (documents, music and video). Once you connect the USB cable from TouchPad to computer, be sure to select the USB drive button. You will then see the TouchPad as a drive on your computer. Once you've competed your actions, be sure to eject the TouchPad from your computer as you would any other external drive.

yes i have downloaded the webOS doctor just had to install java and i ran it to see if it works, and it does ( running lion)

thanks for the info on transferring files!
  9.    #9  
    i dont see any documents or music?

the only folders i see are downloads, dcim, wallpapers and ringtones and i have expanded those folders.

Do i have to make new folers titled "documents" and "Music"
  10.    #10  
    read the user manual and it saysu can make your own folders so i will try that. thanks all