1.    #1  
    HardBeatZ or any other person who may know,

I need your help or guidance as to what I should do next. I want a refund on my 32GB Touchpad that I bought at Best Buy for $599.99 plus tax (total: $641.99). Best Buy has extended their return policy on the Touchpad to 60 days. However, there is a catch. I have to return the original Touchpad to them for the refund. The problem is that my original Touchpad had cracks near the speakers after 3 weeks of owning it. I had to send it to HP for an SRO. I spoke to a Butler service representative about it today, after talking to Best Buy. The Butler service representative told me that I needed to talk to Best Buy about getting a refund. I told him that Best Buy would not take it. He got the Best Buy in Savannah on the line and we spoke with the manager. The manager stated that without the original Touchpad serial number, I could not get refunded for the device. The paperwork would not match up and they would not get credit from HP for my return. The Butler service representative told me that he would not be able to offer a refund. Who do I need to talk to at HP to get my money back? I love the Touchpad dearly but I don't want to own a dying device. I should not be penalized $641.99 for a mistake that was not my fault.
    Last edited by k4ever; 08/20/2011 at 12:35 PM.
  2.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    return bb the refurb....doubt their gonna check
    They already did. Especially since the UPC was not there because of the $50 refund that HP never sent me (nor the $50 app refund).
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have the same exact issue. Man do I regret getting that refurb now.
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by arnao05 View Post
    I have the same exact issue. Man do I regret getting that refurb now.
    At least HP should refund me the price down to $149 like they are offering everyone else.
  5.    #6  
    On the phone with the HP Home & Office sales representative now. He says he can't help me I need to talk to Best Buy. This is a nightmare! I asked for a manager. Waiting for one now....
    I too bought my touchpad july 1st. Mine also had a crack I had to return it and get a new one from HP. How can I return to get my money back, or even better yet give me $450 back and let me keep the touchpad..

-Toaster
    I returned mine and they only checked my receipt Do you have your original receipt?
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    On the phone with the HP Home & Office sales representative now. He says he can't help me I need to talk to Best Buy. This is a nightmare! I asked for a manager. Waiting for one now....
    I waited for 10 minutes for a manager then the line went dead. This was after waiting 48 minutes just to speak to the representative. I tried to call back but now they are experiencing technical difficulties. This is ridiculous! HardBeatZ, any HP employee out there, I need heeeelp!
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by WaleE View Post
    I returned mine and they only checked my receipt Do you have your original receipt?
    Yes, but the UPC is gone on the box.

Plus I already spoke to their manager about this so I think that door is closed.
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I waited for 10 minutes for a manager then the line went dead. This was after waiting 48 minutes just to speak to the representative. I tried to call back but now they are experiencing technical difficulties. This is ridiculous! HardBeatZ, any HP employee out there, I need heeeelp!
    The line is back up. Trying again...

They are experiencing system problems, please try again later. Good Lord! I've been on the phone or chat with them about this all darn morning. At least 6 hours now. I want my darn refund. They created this problem so they should fix it. I've never seen anything this screwed up in all my adult life. I have dealt with thousands of companies buying all kinds of stuff and this is by far the worst experience I have every had.

BTW, I have another damaged unit sitting right in front of me. My original cracked Touchpad was replaced with one that had a broken camera. I recieved my third Touchpad the day the Best Buy story broke. I held out on sending it back and I have gone through the craziest roll-coaster ride for webOS in the past 3 days. I'm probably going to keep it and let them charge me $149 plus shipping for it. If I ever get my money back for the original purchase I will have two Touchpads for 1/2 the price of what it was on day one.
    Last edited by k4ever; 08/20/2011 at 01:33 PM.
  11.    #12  
    Ok, I waited another 30 minutes for another representative. Explained the situation and asked to speak to a manager again. There was no floor manager available. Rep tried to connect me to a tech support manager then the line went dead again. I keep hearing dialing in the background. Thought it was my line at first but now I know it was their line. Phone center must be overrun with calls today. Will try again one more time, then wait until Monday.
  12.    #13  
    ...spoke to a manager at the HP Home and Home Office store, he said I needed to talk to tech support, was sent back to Butler service! They say I need to talk to someone at Total Care then routed back to HP Home and Home Office store again.. What is going on at HP? Darn it just man up and tell me I'm not getting my money back so I can sue your a** in peace! This is beyond ridiculous! The numbers they gave me are just alternates for the same number. I'm on the line right now with yet another person from the Home and Home Office Store again! He doesn't even know HP is offering the refund. I pointed him to the webOSroundup.com story and he is looking into it. I am losing all hope now and I am extremely pi**ed off!
    I printed the HP Touchpad return extension from the Best Buy website and stopped by today. Customer Service questioned the July 1st purchase date for return on my receipt and I presented the print out. One manager and 5 minutes later they refunded the full value. They did not compare any numbers and yes I had already cut the number of the box for rebate.

It will not matter to them as they will return it to HP.

Oh and I left with an iPad 2. Very sad in returning the Touchpad, I love WebOS and the interface, however my patience is over. Maybe later with a Samsung WebOS device. I am thankful to HP for buying back and matching all of the Touchpads. Not happy about the end of the Touchpad but as a July 1st buyer this could have been really bad for me and many.

HP & WebOS we need some time apart. A separation if you will :-). The pain of our relationship and wounds are still too fresh.

Regards
    graylion
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    I printed the HP Touchpad return extension from the Best Buy website and stopped by today. Customer Service questioned the July 1st purchase date for return on my receipt and I presented the print out. One manager and 5 minutes later they refunded the full value. They did not compare any numbers and yes I had already cut the number of the box for rebate.

It will not matter to them as they will return it to HP.

Oh and I left with an 2. Very sad in returning the Touchpad, I love WebOS and the interface, however my patience is over. Maybe later with a Samsung WebOS device. I am thankful to HP for buying back and matching all of the Touchpads. Not happy about the end of the Touchpad but as a July 1st buyer this could have been really bad for me and many.

HP & WebOS we need some time apart. A separation if you will :-). The pain of our relationship and wounds are still too fresh.

Regards
    Yeah, I think I made the mistake of calling them first. I can't go down there now and try to do that. However after a lot of ****ed off calls to HP and then to Best Buy corporation, Best Buy customer relations referred my case to the store's General Manager. You need to be careful when you return it, especially if you used a credit card. If they ever actually look at the serial numbers at their warehouse or HP tries to match them up they could make a fuss about it. That was my worry.