Like Tree12Likes
  • 8 Post By modelck
  • 2 Post By Cantaffordit
  • 1 Post By STARGATE
  • 1 Post By kilroy
  1.    #1  
    Leo:

I will get my emotions out of the way first then commence with some no-nonsense reasoning.

Let me be one of the many to say, thank you. Thank you for leadership, vision, and devotion you have shown to a platform such as webOS. We the consumers, the ones whom have built the empire you now thoughtfully run, want to express our sincerest gratitude for single-handedly (with one announcement) destroying an eco-system as brilliant as webOS. It takes true leadership to disguise commitment as anything but. It also takes true vision to back out of your investment because "it was no longer viable". It takes true devotion to break the news to all of the middle management in the same way the rest of us pee-ons discovered the news. You, by all meanings of the word, are a visionary.

I'm sure you didn't make this decision in haste because so many of your loyal and diligent employees knew your plans before hand. It's obvious that you would never abuse your position in such a way as to make a rash, emotional decision the way you did. It's also clear to me you need to employ a former political speech writer to help "spin" this situation from the point if oblivion, if that is possible.

The last time this many people were angered was when Al Gore conceded defeat in Florida. You, my friend, have got to be the most near-sighted CEO of a company that has ever existed. An announcement like your's threw stock in a direction that I'm sure is pleasing all the shareholders. If they aren't upset with you, then they are as fractured as your leadership skills. Leo, buddy, the writing is on the wall, enterprise is not the way forward. As a matter of fact the only brilliance you displayed was allowing the TouchPad to launch in the first place so the dedicated few (if you need the definition of dedicated, I'll let you borrow my TouchPad to Google it) could hold a piece of history in their hands. For that and that alone I will extend my sincerest thanks.

Now for some reason, logic, and possibly, vision.

It takes massive amounts of "cohones" to compete it today's market. The market is shifting away from at home PC's to the mobile computing space. This is something that possibly you knew of but lacked the vernacular to appropriately dispense the plan to the general public. The bloodbath, loathing, and depression that was caused by you, yes you are to blame, took major intestinal fortitude. After a 1.2 billion dollar acquisition of Palm, one would have hoped to have more to show for than 2 devices and possibly 3 mythical unicorn devices. The utter disappointment is exhilarating to the point of exhaustion. I all most regret believing any what you have stated to us in the past. If it wasn't for the simple fact that I love my TouchPad, I would be more angry than just upset.

HP had a chance to position itself in much of the same way Apple did. I will concede that the dominance of Apple is not one that would be dethroned easily if ever, but you didn't even give it a shot! I liken this situation to a Girl Scout who stops selling cookies at her first house because no one wanted them. Don't sell somoas when people want thin mints, dude. I think your mother would've told you to stick with it and not cry about it. It doesn't make much sense to shelve projects when they were so heavily invested in. Marketing 101: it takes time and money to make money.

I truly hope your decision haunts you for the rest of your days and I hope to see you in the drive-thru of my favorite fast food restaurant, handing a bag of goodies into my arms, in the near future.

Here's to the most brilliant mind of the 21st century! Leo, you have truly inspired a generation.

Best Regards,
    The Consumer
    ps, no other CEO would have the guts to bail out of a rapidly expanding market.
    Well said, and a good read. Thank you
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    ps, no other CEO would have the guts to bail out of a rapidly expanding market.
    Thats a good thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by eallan View Post
    Thats a good thing?
    no, it's the worst idea ever.
    IGNTNUNLMTD and kjb86 like this.
    This guy is a total joke, I am not talking just about webos, but his entire handling of the matter.

He totally dumped this on the PSG of HP, they didn't have a clue.
    I can only imagine he and some friends have enough money to benefit from a huge stock dive in a variety of ways.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    "I truly hope your decision haunts you for the rest of your days and I hope to see you in the drive-thru of my favorite fast food restaurant, handing a bag of goodies into my arms, in the near future."

+1
    I wish that Mark Hurd was never kicked out of office and replaced with this guy...

This guy from the beginning seemed like he was majorly into software and system management, etc. and not much into the hardware(i.e: computers, laptops, etc.). But he did say he was going to support it. Now the PC Department of HP seems like they will spin off from HP, and Apoth decided to kill off the webOS devices branch...

Hurd was the CEO at the time that decided HP had to buy Palm. And I surely bet we would continue to be seeing webOS devices if he was still the CEO or at least not the killing of webOS devices by HP. The only thing HP have use for the buying of Palm now is the OS ...now a lot of the device patents that HP bought with the buying of Palm is wasted even though many companies probably see a lot of value in them*cough*every company getting sued by Apple*cough*...
    Last edited by shoichikun808; 08/20/2011 at 02:27 PM.
    Apothelypse.
    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post
    "I truly hope your decision haunts you for the rest of your days and I hope to see you in the drive-thru of my favorite fast food restaurant, handing a bag of goodies into my arms, in the near future."

+1
    YES!!! And I will also kick his balls...well no, 'cause he doesn't have any!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    apollo_sg likes this.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    You spelled D0UCHEBAG wrong.
    my favorite reply ever
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    no, it's the worst idea ever.
    couldn't agree more.....they had vertical integration just like Apple, owned the whole thing. Google paying 12.5B for that opportunity.

HP you Stupid.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    So this knee-jerk announcement of his caused the loss of some 10 billion dollars of company value, right? Couldn't a FRACTION of that have been used to help push this ecosystem forward instead of the massive damage this guy has done to HP?
    Kilroy was here.
    bignoze likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Samsung will take over HP's PC division and acquiring Palm and nuking webOS was some hidden agenda requirement to make it all happen, planned years in advance.

That's the kind of guy Leo is; always interested in a bit of manipulation, conniving, back-stabbing, just as long as it doesn't mess with his job description: brownnosing stock holders.
    That's one crazy master plan. Acquire palm and create products for WebOS just so you can discontinue them almost as soon as they launched. All planned in advance because, for some reason, it was needed in order to sell the PC division. Evil genius.
    most CEO are there to handle crisis. his ability to create a crisis is unrivalled.

now i wonder if HP will go down as fast as the price cut. or even faster.
    The truth about HP's ***** CEO
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif