Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree26Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Johncase3 View Post
    It's too early to give up. Keep checking the threads and you may still get lucky.
    Like I said:

If you call the HP store, 1 (800) BUY - MYHP, and are interested in purchasing a 16 or 32 GB TP, they will take your name and email address to let you know it is available for purchase 24 hours before it is posted on their website. They will be offering both units at the firesale prices $99/$149.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3079706
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
    I can't decide whether to be pleased or horrified by all this.
    I for one am extremely sad to see HP/Palm discontinue there line of phones and there new Touchpad tablet. They had a good run at it and created some awesome devices and a wonderful OS. WebOS has always been a very innovative OS and has definetly paved the way for some awesome features and functionality. I do hope that the newly established WebOS users can finally see what we have all come to love about WebOS and really appreciate there new devices. Although the drop in price was the reason the majority of buyers purchased the tablet that doesn't mean that they will not begin to appreciate and respect WebOS like we do. I am excited to see the increase in WebOS users because that's what we need to keep it alive. Its always been a popularity contest with new products and although HP will not be making new products right now at least we have gained many new supporters out of this tragedy. I can not speak for every member when I say this but we are here to help with all of your questions no matter how simple or dumb. We all started somewhere and I know this forum helped me learn a lot. No matter what your reasons were for becoming a WebOS user, I welcome you and encourage you to learn and enjoy because the more users the better.
    Well I guess I am also one of these new members that everyone is so horrified about. Yes, I just picked up a TP at 99$. No, I did not have any interest in the tablet before the liquidation. And the reason for the lack of interest? I would have to say marketing. I had seen very few, if any commercials about the TP before the last 2 weeks. I had played around with several in-store demos and was less than pleased with what I saw. The store demos were slow, laggy and froze. The os obviously showed promise, but not in the form that was being displayed to consumers. However, having played around with the tablet for a day (and having installed hp's patch) I really like the system so far. It does take a very long time to boot, but the system is significantly more responsive than it was when I first got it. I can't wait to install some homebrew patches to make it even better. I've read up quite a bit on the subject, so I don't think I'll have any stupid questions, but you never know Keep up the good work gentlemen!
    MobileBill23 likes this.
    Well, I'm not sure if I would be considered a new precentral member since I found my old login for TreoCentral and was able to login here with that. I bought a 16gb Touchpad yesterday. This is my first experience with WebOS and I like what I see so far. I haven't gotten into homebrew stuff yet, but that might have to wait because it seems the Precentral website is down - bad gateway?

This may be a keeper if I can find a decent word processing app for it.
    Last edited by rickstreo; 08/21/2011 at 11:50 AM. Reason: fixed an oops
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    OP get to bestbuy.com *right away* and get your cheap TouchPad.
    I for one am very happy to be a new member and I'll try not to ask any stupid questions...
    I am a member of several other forums and new members are always a good thing.
    good. because it may have been better that the OP create the thread,

"Warning: Get ready newbies for alot of old Precentral members with no patience for anyone with criticisms/complaints for Webos... especially if you bought it for $99"

"No VGA-out? You should have known what you were buying. Return it."
    "No doc-editing? You should have known what you were buying. Return it."
    "Too heavy? Return it and buy an anorexic 10.1"

you many find that this board is 'unique' over others you encounter

just playing... because i would imagine everyone knows what they are getting into with a mindset that for $99 bucks it's worth a gamble and no great expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by richhoff View Post
    I for one am very happy to be a new member and I'll try not to ask any stupid questions...
    I am a member of several other forums and new members are always a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickstreo View Post
    Well,*I bought a 15gb Touchpad yesterday.

Wow I didn't know they made them in that capacity. ;-) What did you pay, $89.99?

Just kidding welcome back to PC

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    great to have new folks coming along. Just remember, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask, so ask away...you dummy!

Welcome!
    I'm a new TP owner , but I have been suffering through the joys of my pre- for the last year and a half. I come to this site regularly to check on the status of new homebrews or anything that would help with taking the edge off of sprints (and now no-one's) acceptance of the pre3. I've always wanted to cut my teeth and design some apps myself but never had the motivation to make anything for an OS that didn't seem to be accepted by the people who were making it.
    now we'll see... I heard its not all that difficult to get into the swing of developing, but then again, some people's idea of easy is totally different from mine.
    here's to hoping that we can make something out of this mess and thanks to those of you who have made it possible for me to stay around this long.
    Chalk me up as a new guy. iPhone owner, wife has a Droid. I tried an iPad but just did not like it for what it costs. Ive stayed away from Tablets due to cost, but we both hate dragging around the laptops at night. This deal drew me in, hope to see something on the Android front in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparrow_69 View Post
    Well I guess I am also one of these new members that everyone is so horrified about. Yes, I just picked up a TP at 99$. No, I did not have any interest in the tablet before the liquidation. And the reason for the lack of interest? I would have to say marketing. I had seen very few, if any commercials about the TP before the last 2 weeks. I had played around with several in-store demos and was less than pleased with what I saw. The store demos were slow, laggy and froze. The os obviously showed promise, but not in the form that was being displayed to consumers. However, having played around with the tablet for a day (and having installed hp's patch) I really like the system so far. It does take a very long time to boot, but the system is significantly more responsive than it was when I first got it. I can't wait to install some homebrew patches to make it even better. I've read up quite a bit on the subject, so I don't think I'll have any stupid questions, but you never know Keep up the good work gentlemen!
    Welcome to the club, and to Precentral!

I don't think even the OP was horrified about new users, but even if so most of us are glad to see you and the others.

Just remember to search the forums first if you have a question, as someone else has most likely had the problem you're having. If you can't find it, we'll be more than happy to help you out.
    I cant wait to get it and start messing with it. Our night browsing is just normal forum stuff, Fbook, etc... I dont do any office style stuff, so it's basically a larger alternative to my phone.
    Touchpad 16GB
    Touchpad 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by rickstreo View Post
    Well, I'm not sure if I would be considered a new precentral member since I found my old login for TreoCentral and was able to login here with that. I bought a 16gb Touchpad yesterday. This is my first experience with WebOS and I like what I see so far. I haven't gotten into homebrew stuff yet, but that might have to wait because it seems the Precentral website is down - bad gateway?

This may be a keeper if I can find a decent word processing app for it.
    Google docs has worked pretty well for me, some quirks, but I got a couple of letters done (note, limited experience - only created docs).

Of course, that depends on having a wifi connection.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcron View Post
    OP get to bestbuy.com *right away* and get your cheap TouchPad.
    so OP did you get one?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234