Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    Hello.
    First of all, I think it REALLY sucks that a lot of us WebOS fans who were waiting for the Pre 3 (which will never materialize), are stuck looking like clowns with our old phones while a bunch of people who didn't care the slightest bit about WebOS or a Touchpad were up at the crack of dawn getting these tablets at a great price. I, like many of you, was expecting to pick one up at Best Buy only to find out they were still selling them at full price. I ran to a bunch of Staples nearby only to have the last Touchpads sold right in front of my eyes at two different stores. So, now, I'm completely screwed. No Pre 3 and I probably won't be able to get a clearance priced Touchpad either. What's funny, though, is that all of these people who are new to WebOS are going to see how awesome it is only to find out that they have what is probably going to be the last WebOS device.
    Quote Originally Posted by macbranson View Post
    First of all, I think it REALLY sucks that a lot of us WebOS fans who were waiting for the Pre 3 (which will never materialize), are stuck looking like clowns with our old phones while a bunch of people who didn't care the slightest bit about WebOS or a Touchpad were up at the crack of dawn getting these tablets at a great price. I, like many of you, was expecting to pick one up at Best Buy only to find out they were still selling them at full price. I ran to a bunch of Staples nearby only to have the last Touchpads sold right in front of my eyes at two different stores. So, now, I'm completely screwed. No Pre 3 and I probably won't be able to get a clearance priced Touchpad either. What's funny, though, is that all of these people who are new to WebOS are going to see how awesome it is only to find out that they have what is probably going to be the last WebOS device.
    You should have asked Best Buy to price match.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    as a loyal webos user im really sad i missed out. bunch of ebary resellers cleaned all the stores out in my area.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by macbranson View Post
    totally feel you, we have been suffering here for years, many with their original pres, so I got a little angry when i hear stories that people where buying like 7+ touchpads probably only to resell them, and some that didn't even know the name of what they were buying.

HP has been feeding us bull and leading us on since the day they announced their intent to buy Palm, then keep us waiting and waiting, and then the ultimate shaft was givin on thursday by them giving up on webos.

now we are all forced to move to a different platform for our phone needs. Yet I figured after screwing us all longtime webos users so bad, they had offered a consolation prize, a $99 touchpad, so that we can still have some sort of functioning webos device while we move onto other OS's for our phones. Now many of us can't even get a hold of one; the least they could have done was send emails to existing palm profiles and offer them the deal first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    totally feel you, we have been suffering here for years, many with their original pres, so I got a little angry when i hear stories that people where buying like 7+ touchpads probably only to resell them, and some that didn't even know the name of what they were buying.

HP has been feeding us bull and leading us on since the day they announced their intent to buy Palm, then keep us waiting and waiting, and then the ultimate shaft was givin on thursday by them giving up on webos.

now we are all forced to move to a different platform for our phone needs. Yet I figured after screwing us all longtime webos users so bad, they had offered a consolation prize, a $99 touchpad, so that we can still have some sort of functioning webos device while we move onto other OS's for our phones. Now many of us can't even get a hold of one; the least they could have done was send emails to existing palm profiles and offer them the deal first.
    All but Mark Huard. We didn't like what he said but he was right. The new guys say what we want to hear but are not right. Guess you can't have it both ways.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    as a loyal webos user im really sad i missed out. bunch of ebary resellers cleaned all the stores out in my area.
    Yeah it really sucks, we must all move onto new phones now; i feel horrible for those with launch day pre minus. I will probably move onto IOS now i feel its closest to webos in terms of simplicity. However like many who will move onto new OS's for their phone need, I would have liked to have a functional webos product like the touch pad to use as well, to keep me somewhat happy, especially at that kind of price.
    we have been suffering here for years,

Who is suffering? I am very happy with my $100 pre- and my $45 pixi plus. I am sure I'll be happy with my $150 Touchpad. Do I have as many apps as I would have if I had gone with Apple or Android? No, but I have what I NEED and an extra $2,000 in my pocket.

If you don't start looking for the silver lining, you will never be happy in life...
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by spursbob View Post
    Hello.
    Hi.
    Yeah it really sucks, we must all move onto new phones now; i feel horrible for those with launch day pre minus. I will probably move onto IOS now i feel its closest to webos in terms of simplicity. However like many who will move onto new OS's for their phone need, I would have liked to have a functional webos product like the touch pad to use as well, to keep me somewhat happy, especially at that kind of price.
    nah, not moving yet. I'll be surveying the horizon first. I got a phone that works. In light of recent news, whose to say apple will not fall out as well. After all HP was a bigger giant than they were and no one expected it. They're not as open and are proprietary. Google is proven to run on just about anything and has shown they can catch up really quickly. Right now I just want something that reliable, gets the job done and is cheap. There are bigger problems coming down the pike in terms of jobs and our economy. I'd rather save up for the what ifs instead of the latest and greatest. HP is only one of the many signs of things to come.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Johncase3 View Post
    we have been suffering here for years,

Who is suffering? I am very happy with my $100 pre- and my $45 pixi plus. I am sure I'll be happy with my $150 Touchpad. Do I have as many apps as I would have if I had gone with Apple or Android? No, but I have what I NEED and an extra $2,000 in my pocket.

If you don't start looking for the silver lining, you will never be happy in life...
    Those of us who have been limping along with old devices, waiting for new devices from HP, first they stop supporting legacy devices and won't upgrade them. and the only phone that has came out has been the VEER, don't even get me started with that. while waiting and waiting for new hardware. then what do they do give up on webos, and from what i hear no pre3. I have a pixi too but i paid regular price for mine with contract from sprint, and i love it but and im sure those with their pre minus love it too, but come on we have been waiting and waiting for new hardware, while HP has been feeding us this hype. then to only crush are hopes on thursday. I know apps are lacking but thats not a big deal for me, i never said anything about apps.

The $99 touchpad was going to take the sting out the fact many of us would have to move to new OS's for our phones, and was going to be our "silver lining" in all this. however many of us could not find one as the everyone was trying to buy one. even those who want to resell them on ebay, and those who probably don't even know what webos is or even know about palm.

your post kinda sounds like your saying haha i got mine, and you dont have yours haha sucks to be you.
    your post kinda sounds like your saying haha i got mine, and you dont have yours haha sucks to be you.
    Seriously, it's not the last time you will see touchpads at this price. You may have to wait a month or two or not. All the stock from Best Buy is going back to HP to be sold or worst-case you may have to pay an extra $50 from a reseller. I waited almost 2 years before Sprint allowed me to have a pre on my plan if you really want to know what "sucks to be you" means....
  13.    #53  
    Seriously, it's not the last time you will see touchpads at this price. You may have to wait a month or two or not. All the stock from Best Buy is going back to HP to be sold or worst-case you may have to pay an extra $50 from a reseller. I waited almost 2 years before Sprint allowed me to have a pre on my plan if you really want to know what "sucks to be you" means....
    I take it you have a SERO account, I was in the same position when i bought my Pixi. I like Webos way to much to stay on SERO, i figuered they would never allow any new phones on it so i made the switch, and basically doubled my monthly payment just for webos. I never figured 5 months later they would come out with SERO premium and allow android and webos phones on it. so imagined how i felt. However all is good in the world of sprint because somehow just two months ago after being off Sero for over a year, they offered to put me back on it with my pixi.

But what i was tryin to get at is that people where anxoiously waiting and waiting for new hardware from hp, with pre's that where over 2 years old, that HP stopped supporting with any updates. People where waiting for new Webos hardware, however no new phones came out and then they cancel everything. so the only consolation webos users would have was at least being able to get a touchpad at $99...which for many of us was not possible due them being sold out soo quickly.
    lol. sero?

i use the treo 800w for what felt like forever until they allowed sero premium and i got my friends old pre-. however i feel that the love affair with webos is over. the whole time i felt like i was drugged or in an abusive relationship. i kept wanting to believe, but after yesterday i feel like my eyes are open.

i won't stand around using a broken phone because maybe theres a small slight chance somewhere in teh world that i can somehow get the pre3 on sprint. screw it...im leaving webos behind because i simply have no other choice.
    so the only consolation webos users would have was at least being able to get a touchpad at $99...which for many of us was not possible due them being sold out soo quickly.
    OK I get it, but getting a bargain is 50% luck and 50% determination. It's too early to give up. Keep checking the threads and you may still get lucky. I wanted a $99 touchpad too, but they were sold out and had to pay $50 more for the 32GB. I wanted a Pre2 for $49 but they were sold out. I'll just keep looking...

Good luck and happy hunting!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaKitty View Post
    lol. sero?

i use the treo 800w for what felt like forever until they allowed sero premium and i got my friends old pre-
    Yes, SERO. I started with the 755P and then I got a Treo Pro before I got a pre- in brand new condition with the touchstone for $100 off ebay...

I plan on limping along with the pre as long as I can, especially since Sprint is going to hit me up for an extra $10/month if I switch to anything else...
    I'm here as a new Touchpad owner, though never know if HP will really ship it out to me as I put the order in last night and the order has not updated that they sent it out yet. I've been like many here, been an old WebOS Sprint Pre user when it first came out and have been waiting forever for the new Pre3 to get here. I definitely didn't want to be an early adopter of the Touchpad because I wanted to hear about the success. When I didn't hear much, I was thinking that sales probably were low. But when it was announced about the fire sale, I decided to pick one up just so I could see and use it as it was definitely worth $150 less the coupon, even if I just use it as a tablet browser. We'll see when I get it.
  18.    #58  
    Yes, SERO. I started with the 755P and then I got a Treo Pro before I got a pre- in brand new condition with the touchstone for $100 off ebay...

I plan on limping along with the pre as long as I can, especially since Sprint is going to hit me up for an extra $10/month if I switch to anything else...
    From what i was told when i was just switched backed to SERO a couple months ago, or SERO Premium as they call it for smartphones. at $40 a month... you will only pay $10 extra making it $50 dollars a month for a 4G phone.

i know the $10 Premium data fee is for all phones, not just 4G for regular accounts. But i guess in SERO it is different since the $40 sero premium kinda basically is already a $10 premium upcharge. so if you stay with a 3G phone it should stay $40.
    Getting back on topic, I hope we do see a lot of new webOS users. Maybe we can even convert a few from other platforms. If we have a ghost of a chance of keeping developers interested, we need more people to buy their products.
    But i guess in SERO it is different since the $40 sero premium kinda basically is already a $10 premium upcharge. so if you stay with a 3G phone it should stay $40.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $SERO$ $premium$ ($3G$) $is$ $not$ $exempt$. $SERO$ $premium$ + $any$ $smartphone$ ($4G$ $or$ $3G$) = $$50$/$month$, ($which$ $is$ $still$ $better$ $than$ $the$ $$80$ $regular$ $ED$ $smartphone$ $plan$). $At$ $that$ $point$, $I$ $might$ $as$ $well$ $go$ $EVO$ $4G$ $if$ $I$ $had$ $to$.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast