Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    got mine on the UK EPP, I really like the the TP and planning to keep it, but was still going to push for a refund if they drop the prices over here.

I feel a bit let down by after all the hype internally. . . . . Well a lot of people have been let down really.
    geekpeter and Dee McKillop like this.
    Has anybody tried calling HP UK this morning?
    Quote Originally Posted by kevr1990 View Post
    Has anybody tried calling HP UK this morning?
    I gave it a go (0845 270 4002) but got put on hold for eternity and gave up.
    I've e mailed Todd Bradley in the States to say that HP should consider offering us UK TP owners a free Pre 3 as an option to any cash back offer (which will probably be insulting). At least that way, we can start to realise the full potential of our beloved TouchPads. Paid full price for my TP and I love it - would like some sort of meaningful goodwill gesture from HP.
    I called HP Store at 10.45 this morning - they too are awaiting news on prices - suggested I call back tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee McKillop View Post
    I've e mailed Todd Bradley in the States to say that HP should consider offering us UK TP owners a free Pre 3 as an option to any cash back offer (which will probably be insulting). At least that way, we can start to realise the full potential of our beloved TouchPads. Paid full price for my TP and I love it - would like some sort of meaningful goodwill gesture from HP.
    I'd certainly go with that, I'd take the Pre 3 instead of a part refund.
    I'd also buy another TP if I could get one for 100 - 150 mark. I could then spend more time with mine rather than the kids playing with it!

It seems to have been pulled from the EPP site, maybe while they wait for the lower prices to come in . . . . .
    Last edited by mc_wardy; 08/22/2011 at 07:40 AM.
    Dee McKillop likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_wardy View Post
    I'd certainly go with that, I'd take the Pre 3 instead of a part refund.
    I'll let you know if I get a reply from Todd Bradley and what he says - hopefully not my P45!!!
    I've called HP now and been told because I pre-ordered there is nothing they can do because it is outside the refund time.

Was on hold for so long I didn't have the time to argue too much but I shall be getting back in touch soon enough.
    Seriously? They won't refund pre-orders? That's disgusting.
    The people pre-ordering are generally webOS's biggest supporters and the people HP have kicked hardest in the nuts!

I pre-ordered as well, and have e-mailed both the UK MD, and the web store. The web store said they were waiting to hear about a policy for refunds and would be in touch. I have attempted to contact them again repeatedly with no success.

I have been a webOS user since 4 October 2009 (Pre launch day) and have spent nearly 2 years being a poor-relation of other smartphone users. The way HP have treated people like me is terrible, and I have sworn to never buy another HP product. Hopefully I can spread the news a little bit too and other will behave similarly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofspeed View Post
    Seriously? They won't refund pre-orders? That's disgusting.
    The people pre-ordering are generally webOS's biggest supporters and the people HP have kicked hardest in the nuts!

I pre-ordered as well, and have e-mailed both the UK MD, and the web store. The web store said they were waiting to hear about a policy for refunds and would be in touch. I have attempted to contact them again repeatedly with no success.

I have been a webOS user since 4 October 2009 (Pre launch day) and have spent nearly 2 years being a poor-relation of other smartphone users. The way HP have treated people like me is terrible, and I have sworn to never buy another HP product. Hopefully I can spread the news a little bit too and other will behave similarly.
    Well pretty soon no one will be able to buy HP products anymore :P
    I know, it's a bit of a hollow threat isn't it?
  12.    #32  
    I got a tweet from HP today.

My Question:

@HPUK What about doing something for the people who bought at full price a few weeks before you announced no more touchpads ???

Response:

@thetman1701 Please keep your receipt and follow our Facebook page for the latest HP UK news. HP UK | Facebook
    I contacted HP by email on Monday after having a wasted phone call to them. They replied today saying that I would receive notification of their plans later. Then at 4pm UK time I got this reply:
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email requesting a refund to reflect the price reduction of your HP Touchpad.

I can confirm that we will process the refund, either back to your credit/debit card or PayPal account, depending on the payment method used for the original transaction.

Due to the high level of claims being received, we have set a turnaround time of up to 4 weeks, in order to process the refund.

We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

You will receive a credit note as soon as your refund has been processed.

Kind regards

UK Post Sales Team
    ukgla.hpstore@hp.com

0845 604 2921
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thetman View Post
    To all the UK members.

Where did you buy your TP, anyone thinking of trying to get a refund of some sort.

I got mine from Argos, they don't have a price matching policy.
    I got one from Dixons Online. I got their price matching email today.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12