Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Congratulations, you have a great tablet at an amazing price.

this is a great forum with lots of helpful people. Don't be afraid to post questions and comments.
    Last edited by RedMist; 08/20/2011 at 12:50 PM.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Indeed I cant wait to get mine from officedepot.com and start using it. Looking forward to playing with WebOS

First thing I'll need to figure out is a good case for it. Not sure if i want to go with the basic HP one or not yet.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    The hp case is very good, but quite expensive. IPad 1 cases fit, and are cheap, but make sure you get one which allows a swipe up from the bezel on the long edge.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Yeah there doesn't seem to be very many if any cases for the touchpad specifically other then the HP one. I myself am a fan Otterbox as I have one for my BB although even more expensive lol. Plus i don't think their iPad 1 case would work. I also like some of the stuff from Speck Satin and Incase kind of a see through rubbery material. So hopefully someone has something along those lines.
    Yeah there doesn't seem to be very many if any cases for the touchpad specifically other then the HP one. I myself am a fan Otterbox as I have one for my BB although even more expensive lol. Plus i don't think their iPad 1 case would work. I also like some of the stuff from Speck Satin and Incase kind of a see through rubbery material. So hopefully someone has something along those lines.
    I just ordered mine from Walmart with site to store pick up. I'm SO EXCITED! I've been wanting one for forever!
    Was planning to travel down to Singapore to get mine next wkend. Now I'll wait till HP Singapore reduce the price. If it is somewhere around USD100, I'll get 2!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Just got mine price matched at staples for 149 plus 10% employee discount.. Couldn't pass it up
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I was one of the lucky SOBs that got the 32GB for $120 at hp. I'm looking forward to it and putting my xoom on ebay.
    Grabbed two this morning, and it is growing on me awfully fast. This thing rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandtheftamish View Post
    Grabbed two this morning, and it is growing on me awfully fast. This thing rules.
    You ever used WebOS before?

...you figure out the Angry Birds Easter Egg yet?
    Just picked mine up this morning. Got the 16gb version but had a gift card to Office Depot so it was essentially free. I was going to save it for a `droid tablet, but for $120 I wanted to give the touchpad a try.

For the price, I really like it. :-)
    I'm really enjoying this device so far! Though I am experiencing this annoying web browsing problem that I've posted here already. I dont think this will be replacing my iPad though :P
    Quote Originally Posted by grandtheftamish View Post
    .... and it is growing on me awfully fast. This thing rules.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'm really enjoying this device so far! Though I am experiencing this annoying web browsing problem that I've posted here already. I dont think this will be replacing my iPad though :P
    The way I surf forums is by keeping the main page open in one card, then open individual threads in new cards. Then I refresh the main page to see what threads have been updated...repeat as needed. Flipping away cards liberally and frequently...

It's like back in the day when you had to get used to using tabs in desktop browsers. And once you get used to it, you realize that the autocache load will actually make your browsing faster given that, if you are like me, you will be using a tethered device frequently for internet access...at least it does for me...
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Hello everyone. I haven't even gotten my email confirmation from HP yet but I'm hopeful that my order last night will go through (order status says: "Item being processed").

It looks like I'm going to be spending the weekend trying to familiarize myself with webOS and the community. Also I'm looking around the web thinking about what kind of accessories I'd like to get for the TouchPad. A case definitely at first, likely something I can use as a stand as well. Probably won't be the HP version because of the price, unless they went on a fire sale for those too
    Download "Preware Homebrew Documentation" from the app catalog and start enjoying the wonderful world of Preware!
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    hello. i just joined because...yes, i picked one up this morning. i've always been interested in webOS devices, but the timing was never right. i've followed webOS off-and-on, was excited when the Pre3 was announced thinking maybe finally i'll be able to upgrade my phone, but alas... then obviously, i can't pass up the Touchpad price, so here i am.

looking forward to learn webOS and Homebrew(not exactly sure what this is?) although HP dissed the Touchpad and Pre3, i'm hoping webOS (and Homebrew?) will continue forward.

full disclosure: i currently own an Android phone and tablet.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Thanks! I'm liking it quite a lot so far. Bummed that WebOS is essentially going to die, but it's a nice platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
    The way I surf forums is by keeping the main page open in one card, then open individual threads in new cards. Then I refresh the main page to see what threads have been updated...repeat as needed. Flipping away cards liberally and frequently...

It's like back in the day when you had to get used to using tabs in desktop browsers. And once you get used to it, you realize that the autocache load will actually make your browsing faster given that, if you are like me, you will be using a tethered device frequently for internet access...at least it does for me...
    Thanks for the suggestion, but the same problem remains. The 'main page' would still be stuck on a cached version of the page and I would have to clear the cache to get an updated version.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast