Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Aug 19, 2011 $91.90 HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16GB Item being processed - Tracking provided upon shipment.

Aug 19, 2011 $145.96 HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32GB Order being verified
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    what's the difference between "order being verified" and "item/order being processed"?

mine's been at the latter stage since I completed my order shortly after 9 eastern last night.
    Ditto
    Ordered using the 2727 code last night at 9 PM PST, with a different shipping and billing address. My order is still listed as being verified 13 hours later, I've received no confirmation email, nor has my bank account been charged. I'm reasonably assured I'm SOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirThoreth View Post
    Ordered using the 2727 code last night at 9 PM PST, with a different shipping and billing address. My order is still listed as being verified 13 hours later, I've received no confirmation email, nor has my bank account been charged. I'm reasonably assured I'm SOL.
    Best Buy has 250,000 and they will hit the streets soon. I assume folks at BB who are saying that they plan to ship back to HP are basing that statement on guidance received prior to last evening's HP price drop. I can't imagine that BB wouldn't want to participate in the fire sale if they can make $10 a pop. Either way, those units are going to be sold somewhere.
    Glueeater likes this.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I used my .edu account, I made it when the Touchpads were on $400 special.

I did use my coupon tho, forgot which one but it was the $15 one.

Also it was on a 32 gb Touchpad.

Today I woke up and I still have the same Order being Verified.

The mailing and street adress is the same, allthough I did fill it up manualy.....I know websites sometimes ask u if the billing and home address are the same and fill it up automatically.....So maybe it doesn't process it since I did it manually?

I ordered at 9:59 pm PDT.....The 16 gb were out already.
    For what it's worth, I used my old .edu email and signed up for HP Academy. Used the Save30 coupon code and ordered 3 total TPs last night for myself and family(roughly around 7:00 pacific time). Checked my order status this morning and it was still listed as "item being processed". Was worried that my order wouldn't go through so I decided to call HP directly to ask about an order confirmation.
    After waiting for forever they finally picked up and I was told the order did in fact go through. I got the confirmation email roughly 10 minutes after. Oddly enough he said I was one of the lucky ones, in that my order was actually approved. Sounds to me like some orders won't be going through. I wonder what is happening on HP's side that is making them have to *potentially* cancel some orders. I would think that their entire inventory is all meticulously, electronically cataloged and that this wouldn't happen.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjchow245 View Post
    For what it's worth, I used my old .edu email and signed up for HP Academy. Used the Save30 coupon code and ordered 3 total TPs last night for myself and family(roughly around 7:00 pacific time). Checked my order status this morning and it was still listed as "item being processed". Was worried that my order wouldn't go through so I decided to call HP directly to ask about an order confirmation.
    After waiting for forever they finally picked up and I was told the order did in fact go through. I got the confirmation email roughly 10 minutes after. Oddly enough he said I was one of the lucky ones, in that my order was actually approved. Sounds to me like some orders won't be going through. I wonder what is happening on HP's side that is making them have to *potentially* cancel some orders. I would think that their entire inventory is all meticulously, electronically cataloged and that this wouldn't happen.
    Thanks for the response.

I guess I will call because, I could buy a touchpad at Office Depot right now....So I guess I will call to actually find out if my order will actually go thru.
    Do you guys think if our order says "Item being processed" then we need not worry? I would hope so. The address is the same for me however one was typed in manually and there might be small differences.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Mine still says 'Item being processed' (ordered through HP Academy legitimately with my .edu), I ordered around 9:30pm central last night.
    Well, at least y'all managed to get an order in... I try to process my cart, and get a ASP Overflow error!!!

russ
    HP rep confirmed that my "item being processed" order was approved, and the status should be updated by 8 p.m. tonight, at which time a confirmation email will be sent.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Well I just called, the guy said that I shouldn't worry about it, that I should check within 24 hours that it should be fine.

I don't know, hope I don't get screwed and the world runs out of touchpads everywhere lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    HP rep confirmed that my "item being processed" order was approved, and the status should be updated by 8 p.m. tonight, at which time a confirmation email will be sent.
    From my past HP ordering experiences the process goes in this order:
    1. "Review"/"Verification" of payment option used (charge may or may not show on your account)
    2. "Item being processed" + "Tracking provided upon shipment" ( * a very good sign order has been accepted)
    3. Tracking # shows up on order and it has been shipped
    I have two TP 32s that are now on step #2

Note: Whenever any orders were placed on the weekend nothing was ever updated until Monday.
    With the huge influx of orders this weekend allow for additional time on this coming Monday.
    Last edited by JCPDX; 08/21/2011 at 03:04 AM.
    ........JC.........

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Guys,

Signed up here just to post this. I ordered last night at around 10:00pm PST. I ended up picking up 2 32GB's through an HP Academy account and used the 30 discount.

That said, woke up and order still says "order being verified". I contacted HP support and they said the following:

At this time, we have received very high order volume due to the clearance sale of the product. I am aware that we have received more orders than we have stock available. At this time, I would recommend you keep an eye on your order through our website. Once the order is processed, we will send you an email with order status, you will receive either an order acceptance email or a cancellation email due to stock out.
    As for those that have the "item being processed" message, basically this means your order has been accepted and it'll go through and be shipped as the next step.
    I hit the checked "order status " on my order and it already has been shipped.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    This sucks. I really hope it doesn't get canceled, Im sure the stores around me are probably sold out already
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    If Best Buy is, indeed, returning their supply, this supply could/should be use to fulfill the extra orders through HP's site. Cross your fingers. I know I am!
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Sweet, I'm in "processing" for my 3. Will take the original back to BB for the refund this week.
    my order just went from being reviewed to being processed. I feel like this is huge progress! lol
    Give them some time. It's a weekend, and this is easily the highest volume of Touchpad orders they've ever handled (yeah, obviously). It does take time to process the orders, pack up the products and ship them, right?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast