Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cgk
  1.    #1  
    The market is now open but unfortunately they all still sell at the same price.

HP removed touchpad from their website (says item not found) and there is only one with a 509GBP price and this one
    HP Store item - HP Touchpad - 16GB WiFi which says currently not available.

Anyone has anything from Germany, France? Any price reduction for pre 3?
    I looked around too, couldn't find anything. I'd pick it up for €99 without thinking twice.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    For me in germany, TouchPad 16GB is still 399€, 32GB 499€, Pre3 349€ =(
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    I looked around too, couldn't find anything. I'd pick it up for 99 without thinking twice.
    Yupp, me too.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I understand the differences between a mobile phone, but will there be any problem with an US Touchpad in Europe?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I understand the differences between a mobile phone, but will there be any problem with an US Touchpad in Europe?
    Nop absolutely no problem.
    The only thing that you'll need though is a travel charger.
    How are you gonna take one from US though?
    If you somehow manage to order one from the US or Canada, don't forget tax and customs and delivery fees. It's gonna cost you a lot more than $99.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    Nop absolutely no problem.
    The only thing that you'll need though is a travel charger.
    How are you gonna take one from US though?
    Yeah, I got a couple of chargers. I had a laptop bought from the US of A and also my Kindle.
    I have some friends living in USA and I could ask them to get one from me. I'm seriously thinking it, although to be honest I don't have a need for a tablet.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    If you somehow manage to order one from the US or Canada, don't forget tax and customs and delivery fees. It's gonna cost you a lot more than $99.
    Let's say $99 plus sale TAX. Add DHL postage. Then add 20% for the insurance value which UK custom normally charges 25. Plus 15 - 25 DHL handling fee.

You will be looking minimal 127.
    99GBP is a lot considering it's more than 99$ but i'll gladly pay49GBP for the tp and 99 for the pre3
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,430 Global Posts
    I'd go to 75 for a TP but no more.
    TruffleShuffle likes this.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Think we will get a price drop on monday. HP shop is callable from 8:30 on, so i think i'll stay in line then *crosses fingers*
    Please tell me about your results! I'm living in Germany too!
    I spoke with my wife about getting TP for$99 from US, but we both agreed that without hdmi, USB host and doc editing we do not have real use for it :-(
    So, Iconia tab is more and more likely.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Just rang the HP UK store, lady said the Touchpad had been taken off their system but would be available for purchase again system. When I asked her for an ETA she said probably at the start of next week. Will give them another ring later today, tomorrow and then again on Monday. Will let you know what happens.
    did someone tried the business-area in the hp-shop?
  17.    #17  
    any news yet?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
  18.    #18  
    Amazon now lists HP touchpad at 302GBP and I found it in Ireland at 330Euros.
    Still not close to 99$.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Bad News:
    BrynaAtHP Bryna Corcoran
    For those asking about inventory and pricing outside USA -- Fire sale is US only and so is out of stock status. #thatsalliknow
    https://twitter.com/#!/BrynaAtHP/

HaPe