Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    I grabbed mine at a staples. Walked in, grabbed one, walked out. No crazy line or crazy rush - I was the only one standing there at 9:00 AM thismorning.

Probably all gone by now, every employee there was talking about it during my brief visit, I imagine they either bought them or held them aside for friends/family.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by icstars989 View Post
    Doesnt sound right to me. Some money is better than no money. I cant see a company just sitting on a pile of money like that.
    But then again, I can't see a company axing a product after 47 days. Wait, what??
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    A very large number of new, in-box Touchpads are for sale on eBay. Suspect a bunch of people bought looking to flip the inventory for a quick $25 to $50 per unit.
    The problem is they are marking them up much more than that.

I called around my town and they are all out of stock. What I don't get is how webos is supposedly not well know, but as soon as a big sale comes on they are all out of stock within hours.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    The problem is they are marking them up much more than that.

I called around my town and they are all out of stock. What I don't get is how webos is supposedly not well know, but as soon as a big sale comes on they are all out of stock within hours.
    most people bought in hopes of an android port & higher resale value.
    I wish Hp & retailers put a thought & gave out 1 per customer.
    I saw this:
    HP TouchPad Tablet | HP Official(R) Site

And it says $149 and at the very bottom it says:

** Offer valid on 16GB and 32GB HP TouchPad until September 8, 2011. Instant rebate will be applied online / in store at the time of purchase. Availability may vary by retailer, see retailer for details.

So I went ahead and paid for it but it says it's charged me the $499 price for it. Will HP discount me? Their support line isn't open until monday and I'm horrified. What do I do!
    Or at least limited to 2 and let us devs get a chance to get one considering we can contribute! We had no more of a notice then anyone else, he'll the hp rep I talked to said they didn't even get any benefits and he wanted one too but couldn't get one! HP is not showing they care at all

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Or at least limited to 2 and let us devs get a chance to get one considering we can contribute! We had no more of a notice then anyone else, he'll the hp rep I talked to said they didn't even get any benefits and he wanted one too but couldn't get one! HP is not showing they care at all
    I think giving devs more priority would have been nice too. But either way I am sure some devs would have abused the process (no offence but we know most pre 2 were sold like that).

I hope Hp get more stock :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by skyflyer View Post
    i went to 4 walmarts this morning @ 6:30 and picked up 2 16gb models. Each walmart wouldn't sell me more than one. Ordered from walmart.com before i left but they cancelled the order while i was out running all over town. Got another one at staples around 9 (32gb) model but had to pay full price bc they didn't know anything about pricedrop..will return if they don,t drop price or match if they do. Also ordered a 32gb model from hp directly around 1am and will also have to get a refund from them as they wanted full price until price drop @ 7am and they were selling ever last one. On phone with hp they sold out of 16gb models so i bumped up to the 32gb. Merry christmas to all my relatives.

It has been crazy night...think it's time for a nap! Hope everyone had fun! Btw...every walmart sold out of inventory by 8am up here in ct.
    **** you, you greety mother****er.
    rposa and pk1234 like this.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Staples in Port Richey Fl had one and the Spring Hill one had 4 as of 2pm when I got the last one in the Port Richey location.

Ours said part of the reason they have them is that they weren't authorized to sell them at the new prices until around noon. Not that they would admit it but the other reason they had them is that Staples isn't even 1/4 as popular as other office supply stores around here, if its like that near you then Staples might still have a few.

Now I just hope the Pre3 does get released and for VZW.

Hope this helps someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by srkDesign View Post
    Now I just hope the Pre3 does get released and for VZW.
    Ditto. My closest staples is over an hour away.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    just got the last 2 32 gig at walmart. 149!!! He said they sold out in a matter of hours
    Lucky you. The PC Richards stores in NYC sold out in less than an hour. They opened at 9:00, I got there at 10:00, there were long gone. He told me they had a huge line waiting when they opened the store. I called the other PC Richards throughout Manhattan & Brooklyn, and they were all gone. Less than an hour after they opened.

I'm a little bummed, but I'll get one somehow.
    just got an email from micro center that my order was cancelled :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by thelelander View Post
    Just got one!! Going to use the TouchPad as an around the house device; internet, email, ebook reader.

Now I have to find out what Preware is all about.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelelander View Post
    thanks I went ahead and grabbed one I wanted to get a 32gb but with how fast there moving I better take what I can get for now
    ebay prices will be really cheap so I don't think anyone will have a problem getting one. people bought a bunch and will only get anywhere from $20-100 more than the price they purchased it for. I'm sure it will be pretty commonplace to get them for $199 or less for quite awhile.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    snagged 6 for the whole family... 20 bucks more is no big deal.
    well it's all sold out on ebay too.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I may have a solution for some of you that weren't able to get a TP today, but you have to have a wal-mart near you that has them still full price. I got mine today by calling Wal-Mart and making sure they have them in stock (full price), then calling another Wal-Mart that was sold out by honoring the fire sale price and having them call the Wal-Mart with TPS in stock and walk them thru marking the price down. It worked great for me and there was still 6 32gbs left on the shelf after mine, although someone called about it as I was checking out. You may be able to still get lucky if you have some in stock for full price around you. I got mine from Roanoke, Al Wal-Mart. Good luck.

I also have a felling HP will be selling more once all the best buy shipments return, although they have said they aren't getting more. I have not heard or read about this anywhere, its just my personal opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by mutantblack View Post
    well it's all sold out on ebay too.
    Not really. They are having a problem with PayPal making the payments so it looks like they just halted it for a while ...
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast