Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Just to say we in the UK are being fleeced.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    keeping my eyes peeled though. I might pick up 2 if I can get a good deal.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I don't see it coming soon unfortunately.
    And surely it wouldnt be in the same price range as in the US.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Remember this is Treasure Island! I think at best it would come to 99 and I don't expect it to do that.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Pity it wont allow me to order without US credit cards. It will still be worth it with postage & UK VAT.

In the meantime, please keep updating if someone hear an UK deal.
    redmist,

I feel your pain, I bought a tp on 11th August from Argos! So far their customer service won't budge so I've wrote to the managing director of HP UK to see what they can do for UK customers in my situation. I even pointed out I'm an ex HP employee although I don't know what good that will do. If you want to bombard HP UK there is a link to send a message to the MD, good luck! Ps I also bought a pre3 which I've not opened and intend returning to box.co.UK for a full refund.

Good luck I think we need it!
    we pay through the teeth over here, and probably would discounted as well, wouldnt be worth it unless its near what the americans get, then id gladly aquire another 1-2 defunct pieces.
    The price didn't drop anywhere in Europe You're not special
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I'm reading the slick deals forum topic with more than 8.000 posts (!!) and I'm frustrated reading posts likeQ "Wow, I have bought 3 from HP, 2 from Walmart etc. Is this thing any good?"
    "Can it take android?" "I think I will buy some more"

Show some respect ignorant fools.
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Honestly, I only want one to try and run android on it - sad but true.

Oddly I think this is going to end up one of the most supported android tablets ever.
    As a dev I really want a TP to dev on. I really hope Europe gets a significant discount, but I doubt we'll be that lucky.

Of course if there are any forum members here that want to pass on a spare cheap TP (for cost+a little extra+postage), then I'm very interested.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Maybe worth phoning hp up. They might be offering them on the cheap over the phone
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mogambo View Post
    Maybe worth phoning hp up. They might be offering them on the cheap over the phone
    See my other thread - they ain't - looks like a discount from Monday and nowhere as much as the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    See my other thread - they ain't - looks like a discount from Monday and nowhere as much as the US.
    which means its not worth it, the americans are only buying them because their cheaper/similar to some ebook readers so ittl have at least that one use, above the the 75 in the UK will mean its worthless, i would like anoter 1-2 to give to family but if their above that price its definatly a waste of cash.

I'd just buy them another ebook reader from argos again, got a really good one a year ago for like 83quid and i paid more than normal for that.
    I Keep on looking, but still no TP at discounts in the EU.

Anyone else found one yet?
    Not sure if this helps but most UK stores have a reserve and collect option that secures the the item until the end of the next trading day. If you were to order on sunday to collect by the end of trading monday then you might be eligible for the possible reduced price. Not sure what the contract law is and if they have to abide by this.