Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By happynoodleboy
  • 1 Post By jcohengd
  1.    #1  
    I bought my Touchpad on July 1st from Best Buy for $600 so I am feeling pretty shafted right now since I can now get one for $450 less apparently. I just checked Best Buys price match policy page and found something interesting at the bottom of the page. It says there is a 60 day return/exchange period for the HP Touchpad specifically. Might be worth checking out. I am going to try to return my tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Here is a link to the price match page. It is at the bottom.

Bestbuy.com Price Match Guarantee - Best Buy
    runukraine and enice2 like this.
    Huh. Guess I ought to head over there tomorrow just to see what's up.
    I'm printing it up and going in tomorrow to see what I can work with this! Thanks!
    Very interesting. Doesn't make sense but very interesting. Why would they not price match it but instead accept a return? Best Buy is freaking stupid....I hate them so much, but at least they are making it right by extending the return policy as it used to be 14 days (like any other tablet).

Ok. The customer will just return the touchpad, and get their $500 back, then they will walk to the back of the store and buy the same exact Touchpad for $100. Now Best Buy is still even on the Touchpads (-1, +1) instead of being -2.

Idiots I swear...
    enice2 likes this.
    Yeah, I'm considering returning mine and getting another one for real cheap if I can't get a partial refund from HP or them.

I definitely want to continue using the TouchPad, but while I was okay being -100 bucks for being an early adopter, being out 500 for it sounds a bit much. XD
    I wonder if they'll refund me the price for the accidental insurance too.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    best news after all...I'm walking in to BB get my money back and may get me a 32gb thx.
    im returning mine but I wonder if not having the barcode is going to be a problem (cut up and sent to HP for the $50 rebate).
    All New Everything | webOS Enthusiast | Lakers | Manchester United | Cardinals | J. Cole | Wale - Athlete Mentality, Forget The Competition

Follow at @kingnoso11
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by njforcedlife77 View Post
    It didn't mention it specifically but can I go and get back the difference I paid for my 1 week old TouchPad?
    I don't think they'll match the difference. Just the full price you paid assuming you return it.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    That would be stupid on their part if they don't because it will be cheaper for them to give me the difference than me returning the thing.
    I agree. Which is why it might be worth going just to see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by njforcedlife77 View Post
    Thanks. Mine is going back and if they have any fire sale ones than I might get one.
    All New Everything | webOS Enthusiast | Lakers | Manchester United | Cardinals | J. Cole | Wale - Athlete Mentality, Forget The Competition

Follow at @kingnoso11
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Yeah will try in the morning. If they really aren't selling them at all though we would have to return because they wouldn't have the 99 price in their system.
    Nice. They won't credit me back the price difference even though I bought it from them, but they will take it back for a refund so I can buy it again at a cheaper price...