Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    Maybe this will make people ask,Why are tablets priced higher then netbooks,some pc's,and laptops? Tablets should be priced at $199-$300
    tablets other than iPad-2
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    great question. By the way guys. Apple is losing potential customers. I know this to be a fact. I brought my touchpad into work and already 3 people are looking on getting one firewall or not. These same people wanted the iPad, but after the news about the touchpad and seeing me running around with mine, they are pretty sold. I know its just 3 people I know but its proof and over 1800 dollars lost for apple.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Rnp likes this.
    Maybe this will make people ask,Why are tablets priced higher then netbooks,some pc's,and laptops? Tablets should be priced at $199-$300

I doubt it. It's basically a going out of business sale. No one questions the price point when the reason for the sale is dissolution.

I think a lot of people forget that when the iPad was launched for the first time, analysts were expecting it -- as were competitors -- to have it come in at 50-100% higher than it did. Competitors who were planning on launching their own at a price point under that suddenly found themselves in the high end of the market.

Sure tablets have fewer functions than notebooks, but I doubt the actual target buyers have any trouble at all understanding why most decent tablets are higher priced than most of the cheaper notebooks.
    SnotBoogie likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    Given the frenzy that occured around the $299 TouchPad sale at Staples, it's safe to say that the max revenue point was probably a little over $299, maybe $349 or so.
    There was also a frenzy over the Transformer being $100 off with the same coupon Staples sold out at any store that stocked them -- a friend of mine checked every Staples from Bristol to Nashville in search of a TF, only Iconias remained. Folks love a discounted tablet.
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    How's that hat taste?

LOL - it's actually pretty tasty once you get the Mexican sauce on it:

Maybe that'll teach you the difference between literally and figuratively

Meanwhile, I'd totally love to eat a hat if it meant that I'd be able to get a TouchPad at those discount prices, but I only tried getting one an hour after the sale was announced, so they were already all sold out...
    cgk likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman
    Not me. I purchased my iPad to have access to the great ecosystem of apps, music, movies, etc. that continues to grow. Apple will soon be expanding this ecosystem to fully support the cloud. This type of ecosystem and the advancement of the experience is one of the major things that TouchPad owners will never be able to experience.
    Congratulations. But... what are you still doing here, wasting your time? Fighting for your IPad's honor?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Because miniaturizing components drives the price up. (compare the price of a laptop with an equivalent pc)

You can reduce the price by omitting components, but people were already screaming about the TouchPad's lack of a rear-facing camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Congratulations. But... what are you still doing here, wasting your time? Fighting for your IPad's honor?

Best Regards...
    No, he's pointing out the fallacy of the "I buy this gadget for what it does today" argument. The fact is when you buy a product like an iPad, you buy it secure in the knowledge that it will receive improvements and better apps for the years you own it, as Apple is committed to the product and it is successful, so you're buying it for what it does today and the potential of what it can do tomorrow.

I.e. its not like buying a TV, a dishwasher or a TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime View Post
    If HP sells a million touchpads, there will, within two months of introduction ,be more Touchpads in users hands than all Andriod tablets every sold by all manufacturers COMBINED.
    umm... Nope. There are almost 10 million Android tablet users and with the holidays and the Android port, that number should double w/in the year.

if Samsung picks up WebOS, then I see this platform moving forward.
    No, he's pointing out the fallacy of the "I buy this gadget for what it does today" argument. The fact is when you buy a product like an iPad, you buy it secure in the knowledge that it will receive improvements and better apps for the years you own it, as Apple is committed to the product and it is successful, so you're buying it for what it does today and the potential of what it can do tomorrow.

I.e. its not like buying a TV, a dishwasher or a TouchPad.
    So... can you install the iOS 5 or run the last apps in IPhone Classic? Impressive, until because in his launch, could do nothing...

Each product have his lifetime, and you ONLY can say that his time is over AFTER this time finish, NEVER before.

Just other doubt: the HP told "We kill the system webOS"? Sorry, because; if told, I lost this part...

Well, we can see that you two are trying "save" the customers against the "bad HP and this terrible Touchpad". Ah, ok... our heroes... :P

C'mon! Pepper in other's eyes is refreshing...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demiroquai View Post
    if Samsung picks up WebOS, then I see this platform moving forward.
    Is it often that an OS is given a 3rd chance to fail? Samsung is not going to make webOS tablets.

webOS is neat, but there is just no place for it now in this two horse race.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    Is it often that an OS is given a 3rd chance to fail? Samsung is not going to make webOS tablets.

webOS is neat, but there is just no place for it now in this two horse race.
    Then again, the Dutch courts just banned Samsung's newest phones due to infringement on Apple's patents. They just may need a plan B .....
    So... can you install the iOS 5 or run the last apps in IPhone Classic? Impressive, until because in his launch, could do nothing...
    No, but if you bought an iPad today you can reasonably expect that it will be supported for 2-3 years with OS upgrades. I.e. it will get improvements after you bought it. Also, even an iPhone Classic can run most of the new apps coming out today. Who knows if there will even be any new webOS apps in 4 years time?
    Just other doubt: the HP told "We kill the system webOS"? Sorry, because; if told, I lost this part...
    I'm just saying that I bought an HP TouchPad based on the assumption that HP will never release another update for it. If they do, great, but right now I'm not making that assumption. This is why I'm willing to buy one for $99. If they announced they were dropping webOS hardware and didn't drop the price, do you think anyone would be buying a TouchPad? Even big webOS fans would probably be thinking twice, because they wouldn't want to invest in a tablet today that has no support tomorrow.
  15.    #95  
    Problem is unless H/P comes out with more stocks of TP, its not going to cut into Apple's Profit. Maybe for a week or two but as soon as TP are gone, and I think they dont have many left, maybe another 250K, people will be back to buying IP's. Unless H/P makes more of them, its not going to do anything to IP's sale after 2 weeks or max a month. Remember Apple sell like 35-40K Ipads a week. So unless H/P comes with more, IP will still win

Best Regards...
    because I also own a HP TouchPad. Do I now have your permission to stay?
    I think it's safe to say they have comfortably taken the 2nd spot in the tablet market. This sale has sparked SO MUCH interest in the TouchPad, even from people that aren't tech savvy.
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    I think it's safe to say they have comfortably taken the 2nd spot in the tablet market. This sale has sparked SO MUCH interest in the TouchPad, even from people that aren't tech savvy.
    Yea but now there is no more selling of TP.
    So... can you install the iOS 5 or run the last apps in IPhone Classic? Impressive, until because in his launch, could do nothing... .
    No, but the apps, movies, etc. that I buy now will work on a future iPad that I purchase. Once I upgrade my device, I can take it with me. Since there will be no more TPs, you will not be able to say the same about your next device.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    No, but the apps, movies, etc. that I buy now will work on a future iPad that I purchase. Once I upgrade my device, I can take it with me. Since there will be no more TPs, you will not be able to say the same about your next device.
    most of us who are buying these, want light browsing, kindle, photos. Anything else is a plus. At 99 dollars, those 3 things on top are more than 200 kindle gives.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast