Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kyleprettyman
  • 1 Post By kyleprettyman
  1.    #1  
    So, I have been a pre user on Sprint for over two years. This forum has been a site I check out everyday. The folks here are great. WebOs folks are just cool.
    I just bought the 16 TP and have not been keeping up with homebrew for the TP, any advice on how to "soup" my new toy up with homebrew would be appreciated.
    Soorma likes this.
    Hey man, so sorry that it such a sad affair for webOS fans right now but we're glad to have you on board. I don't really follow homebrew (guess I will now ) but first thing, update your TouchPad to 3.02.

And welcome!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    To get up to speed on Homebrew, go to the HP App Catalog and search for "preware". You'll see the Preware Homebrew Documentation. It is $.99. It is just documentation but HIGHLY worth a measly dollar. You will learn what you need to do to start getting into homebrew.

In short, you'll be able to use WebOS Quick Install and Preware to get your TouchPad ready to easily download/install homebrew apps.

Definitely some good stuff out there.

EDIT: One thing to remember is most of the homebrew stuff out there was written for phones, so the app might pop up in the phone (mojo) emulator. Some apps will scale to the full TouchPad, but not all of them will.
    Last edited by ericblackdv; 08/19/2011 at 10:39 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Hey man, so sorry that it such a sad affair for webOS fans right now but we're glad to have you on board. I don't really follow homebrew (guess I will now ) but first thing, update your TouchPad to 3.02.

And welcome!
    Well a Pad that cost $500 last month, to me buying it from HP tonight for $99 makes me happy! I have homebrewed my Pre for over two years...it has brought my Pre to being fun and, with Govnah, made it a lot faster.
    I really wanted one when they were $500 but, could not bring myself to paying it.
    Soorma likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the link Bluenote...I am on it now
    just got mine at bestbuy for $99!!!! Insanity! I love it. Sync'd most of my pre apps except spotify which sucks t nuts. I love this thing. If it dies in a month, I dont even care for $99
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    just got mine at bestbuy for $99!!!! Insanity! I love it. Sync'd most of my pre apps except spotify which sucks t nuts. I love this thing. If it dies in a month, I dont even care for $99
    Check this thread for Spotify. I'd like to know if it's still works with a new TP. Please let us know!
  9.    #9  
    Yeah whooo! Got two TouchPads coming! 32 for me and 16 for the girlfriend! And now...Doc editing will be added soon...awesome just awesome! Can't wait to homebrew them....hers will be here tomorrow mine, Thursday...both ordered from the HP store on the phone.