Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    Screenshot, bro? Please? Cause I'm getting the regular price too.
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    HUH!?? What?

It says 8/19 @ 6:35 PT
    That says 06:00 as in 6am, pacific time.

Edit: Yep, you're right, HP just has a weird way of showing times :P
    Last edited by MicahDG; 08/19/2011 at 09:24 PM.
    See for yourself!
    Jealousy. Lucky guy!

Maybe they're rolling it out slowly?
    Got a salesperson online, ordering now. They will charge you $399 initially and electronically refund your card $300
    LOL if hp was smart this would turn out to be a huge publicity stunt. They literally got the entire world to say hp webos. It was on the front page of the ny times. Now they sell them all for cost at $99. Every single one. Then they seek developers and a hardware partner.
    Tikkanen likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearda View Post
    Same here.
    the web site might not have propagated so he sees the new price while others see the old price. (dont forget we all go to different servers for load-balancing)
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is it about a firesale that will make webOS enticing to potential licensees?

But at this price point, it is a great device for watching movies, reading, and general internet browsing.
    installed userbase
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I just ordered one to NY for $92.xx with tax. Check out the slickdeals thread to find out how. You basically need an EDU account, and then click on the original links provided in that thread. The website then reflects the $99 price. I also used a $15 off coupon. Hope this helps. By the way, I just returned my $300 staples "deal" this afternoon. Talk about good timing.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I think I'm going to pull the trigger, if I can find one. There's going to be a rush.
    No there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    its not on their website but if you call them you can get it for 99/149 for 16/32 GB units. They gave me the new price since I got mine last week.

if you want one call now they will fly off the shelf for 100 that's for sure
    No they won't.

Only a tiny fraction of the US population has any clue that this price drop is allegedly happening. Seriously, you'll be able to get one.

Also, I logged in at HP.com, still showing the same expensive price. Returned mine to BB today either way, thank god for the 45 days you get as a premier silver member.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32GB | HP® Official Store

You HAVE to log into your account.
    huh, only 32 g on fire sale?
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    they are really pulled off the shelfs at say a local BB?
    too bad cause $99 i would buy one for the heck of it.
    hoping BB pulled stock knowing this was coming, since as of 2 days ago it was available online and in stores around here.... I will be checking to pick one up for the wife
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  12. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I'm ordering two 16GB right now....Just got through.
    Got one, had to wait on the phone foe a half an hour just to get through, sales rep said that they sold almost a thousand touchpads just in the few minutes I was on with him and they will probably sell out by tonight, so hurry up.
    What hp's return policy?
    Holy crap I'll buy a 16GB for $100. Even if its just to put around or toy with, that's a major steal. I got a nook color just because it was a cheap decent tablet.

Edit: hp's site is getting slammed, hard to get through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    21 days
    You don't need to call, the EPP and EDU accounts works online.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knoll View Post
    I just ordered one to NY for $92.xx with tax. Check out the slickdeals thread to find out how. You basically need an EDU account, and then click on the original links provided in that thread. The website then reflects the $99 price. I also used a $15 off coupon. Hope this helps. By the way, I just returned my $300 staples "deal" this afternoon. Talk about good timing.
    I can vouch for this. The rep is telling me all this right now.
    my local bestbuy already closed for the evening here in the US. do you think it would be worth my time to head out there at 10am tomorrow?
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    i just bought 32gb Tp and GSM Pre2 for 180 shipped.
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast